RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

~Your First Car/Truck~

~Your First Car/Truck~

What was your very first Car/Truck that you ever owned?

Mine was a 76 Honda Civic *Bright Yellow* looked like a banana going down the road..LOL :D

Rabban

Sorceror
I believe there is another post of this same topic somewhere, but I'll repeat my first car.

Honda Accord Hatchback, 1985, Tan with no A/C working

I bought it for $250, within a month or two, the clutch went out so we replaced it for $500. It worked for a while and then the engine went out. We bought an old rusted out '85 Honda Accord Sedan and we transferred the engine (like a heart transplant). All in all we spend $2000 more or less for 4 years of use ($2500 actually but sold the car for $400 to some guy).

77 Thunderbird, 351m with four barrel carburator, C6 transmision, Power everything, bought it for 1400, went through 2 sets of rear tires in 3 weeks, the third set lasted me the remainder of the time I owned the car. Which was 2 more years before i bought a 81 el chamino with 305 small block, 4brl carb, 4 speed manual trans, positract rearend.... arround the same time frame I owned a 74 plymouth trail duster, it became the traveling party wagon.

sicron

Sorceror
79 ford pinto... not brown, not orange, not tan, but that really funky frito color :cool:
Got it for free from my aunt that was upgrading to a brand new camaro (just a little bit of a difference lol ).
Even with all the accidents I had with it, it never blew up... though I thought it was going to one time when I smacked into a rock wall and the car spun around and the back end slammed into the wall... I looked up and saw a big white cloud coming from under the hood... all it turned out to be was steam from the snow hitting the motor but I didnt realize that until after I dove out of the car face first into the snow :eek:

punt59

Wanderer
1959 Pontiac Star Chief

Bought from a junk yard for $25 dollars in 1966. Got it runnning for less then $150 hard cash by 1968.

Rhexis

Knight
Mo Khan said:
'72 Dodge Dart Swinger. Beefed to the hilt. A real beast. paid $400 for it.

Same deal as my brother. I wanted to yoink it from him...from what I hear its now rotting away unused in a garage somewhere.

I dont drive. Me = pathetic like that. (not that I could afford the upkeep/gas atm even if I had one)

nixu_tps

Sorceror
Im only 16, and you have to be 18 here in Finland to drive a car, so i haven't had any car(s). But my father told me that im going to get his old Opel Astra 93 when i get my driver license.

Rhexis said:
Same deal as my brother. I wanted to yoink it from him...from what I hear its now rotting away unused in a garage somewhere.

I dont drive. Me = pathetic like that. (not that I could afford the upkeep/gas atm even if I had one)

me either. But I do own a car. An '88 Camino. I make my mom/friends/gfs drive me everywhere though.

Karmageddon

Sorceror
Mo Khan said:
'72 Dodge Dart Swinger. Beefed to the hilt. A real beast. paid $400 for it.

First vehicle was a 89 Nissan Hardbody pickup. Wrecked 8 weeks after I bought it brand new, then got totally when it was sitting on Nissan's lot waiting to get fixed by Hurricane Hugo.

Second vehicle was a '70 Dodge Dart Swinger, original 340 4-speed, payed $1350 for it. When I bought it had a 318 with 727 auto in it. Still trying to get it up here where I live so I can work on it. Have had it up to 115 mph and had more to go on gas pedal. Only reason I let off was because I could turn steering wheel and nothing happened.

First vehicle was a 89 Nissan Hardbody pickup. Wrecked 8 weeks after I bought it brand new, then got totally when it was sitting on Nissan's lot waiting to get fixed by Hurricane Hugo.
HAHAHAHAHA You got fucked dude.