RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your memories of Ultima Online

Your memories of Ultima Online

Ultima Online has been one of the strongest memories of my teenage and young adult life. As geekish as it sounds, I simply love this game. I never played on OSI and never would because I just don't like the way it runs there.
Yes, I have to admit that I prefer the Sphere ruleset. That's why I work to make my server, while running the almost bugless outstanding piece of software that is RunUO, to get it to run the Sphere ruleset.
Anyway, I remember how I started to play like 5-6 years ago. It was a harsh type server and I remember my first steps.
I chose Fishing as my first skill and began to fish on the coast of Minoc. I was o excited when I had my first fish. I tried to sell it thinking that it may be of a use to someone, but nobody would buy :)

It was so interesting back then when Recall did not exist for me. It was a virtual world, huge and interesting to explore.
At this point I was already in Britain so I remember how I would get lost just in Britain. Today I know every tree there but back then, I was like a child in the wildness.

My friend went to explore "The other city" (aka Trinsic) and I waited in Britain.
I wanted to surprise him, so when he told me that he's soon coming back I bought a bear at the stable and went to meet him.
I put the bear behind a tree so that only the name is shown and named it "Frog" so that he wouldn't get scared away.
When he came, I said I wanted to show him something and so when he got near, I yelled "Frog kill" and it was my very very first kill.
It was silly but still, a kill.
These days were magical because it was all new to me and very interesting.

I had many memories so I've decided to post some of them here.
So, what are your memories? Use this space to share with us!

Murzin

Knight
going to wrong with that rectangular room with the inner room with all the water eles, harpies, ettins, and trolls with 3 of my friends and we would run into the room and EQ and kill everyone and loot their stuff and run out.

it sucked when they added T2A and removed that room in wrong.

Courageous

Wanderer
Paralyze, ebolt combo. No real consequences for PK. Gotta love the early days. Run, don't walk, never stop to gawk.

C//