RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Ultima Biography

mogbert

Wanderer
Your Ultima Biography

- The first Ultima i played was Ultima 7, which encouraged me to play the rest of the series, i cant say i was perticularly impressed with 8 or 9,. i remember reading in PC gamer about the development of Ultima Online.

- I beta tested OSI, i was one of the elite group that got selected to beta the game, i played for a year and a half after till i was dis-satisfyed and left.

- I didnt play Ultima again for about a year and a half until i heard about "blank" free server, so i joined. i played for about a year until they ran a massive donation promotion, and shut down the server.

- At this time i decided free server, there must be a way to run your own. which lead me to Sphere,. i ended up opening a server called unitopia. and i had a good player database of about 60 - 80 people online at a time. this was in the days before AOS after running the server for a year and having to hire fire GMs left and right for being corrupt and cheating there player characters. and trials and tribulations. i decided to remake the map. at the time i heard you could do it with worldforge. so i learned how to use that and UOX just for editing purposes while still running my sphere server. worldforge was limited in the fact that to make a map would have taken me 65 million years. around this time my freind john, which was one of my GM's let me know about a new project called RUNUO it wasnt runuo 1.0.0 at the time it was like runuo beta 36 i belive i cant remember off hand but im sure it was beta 36. so i started to learn the new system and run a different server off this new and exciting program. i was impressed by its ability as apposed to sphere...

- it was at this time that i decided to make a new ultima, with new everything to make a server. i would take the best scripts, add my own. remake the map,. add graphics.. a complete community built uo server..
and ive been working on this ever since..

- ive tested and am using some of the best scripts for RUNUO, (well in my opnion the best) like FS taming system. the auction system ive added. i wrote my own magic imbuing system for armor cloths weapons spellbooks etc.. im about 70% done my new map (its tedious work all the building and decorating and i have to do it myself to makesure all the dungeons arnt caves, or the houses arnt squares with doors in the side.) this is where im currently at and what im doing..

So what are all you doing in ultima right now,.. share your experiances
Im just curious,. how everyone got to where your at now. and what your up to..

"my server isnt public (its in development) , and i have staff so dont confuse this with and Ad"

TMSTKSBK said:
Introduced to Ultima in UO in Feb 04. Been doing freeshards ever since.
I played Ultima: The Runes of Virtue for Gameboy as a kid, then played uo during LBR, then when AOS came out, I quit UO, and played the U9 disc that came with it then started UO back during SE, still unhappy after that I went to freeshards.

mogbert

Wanderer
i didnt realize

i didnt even realize they had one for gameboy
i played the super nintendo version as hilarious as that was
part 7,.

did anyone find that Wing commander ship in the feild in ultima 7 or just me?

mogbert said:
part 7,.

the gameboy version of runes of virtue was quite possibly the best handheld game I have ever played...and this was back in the monochrome days of gameboy.

I started playing uo around jan of 04, played osi for around 3months till I decided it sucked and moved onto RunUO freeshards. Once I started playing RunUO freeshards I decided to work on them aswell, been learning C#( my intro to c# is basically what made me hate c++ lol ) and doing server admin ever sense.

Hmm how I got started on Uo...Well I started playing UO in about 2002..I started out on a Free shard which was alot of fun and a learning experience...After about a year or so the Owner of our Shard ended up with Cancer :( Hes ok now, but he took down the shard with everything that was going on...

We had a little group of people that was close and we always hunted together, etc everytime we were on...So not wanting to see the Shard close, we opened up one and had one up for 4 years...We had a blast on there learning all there was to learn...Which *Freya* on here is my best friend and shes the one that together we opened up our shard..

After 4 years of running a shard we decided to take a break from it for awhile..I still shard hop trying to find a place I would like to play and I've played WoW a little...I kinda miss having a shard, but we had so many old vets on our shard starting to fight amongst theirself and it got tiresome....So anyway not sure what I'll be doing as far as a shard...May open one up again or just play on another Server....;)

mogbert said:
part 7,.

Dude, the executioner at the beginning of Ultima 8 IS A GIRL!!! woot woot. I just noticed that when she turned, my Dosbox was running slow, and yeah..its a chick alright dressed in full black leather....so sexy...I cant believe I never noticed that before

Kalmah

Wanderer
I played in alot of sphereserver ( I played on 7Trees shard during approx 1 years) but Since i know RunUo its always RUNUO