RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeitgeist

WarAngel

Wanderer
I watched it a few weeks ago and was interested, but it's pretty baseless. I could hardly find information to back up the first part (as much as I'd love it to be that easy to explain religion). The part on the Federal Reserve was scary but how it works is much more complicated than that, and I'm sure if it were to become an important political issue, the debate would revolve around whether the Fed does more harm than good—the movie portrays it as causing depression and recession, but the Fed has also prevented many hard times for our economy. And the 9/11 section, well... I don't see what makes it any more bold or fact-based (if any are used at all) than Loose Change.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
TMSTKSBK;711673 said:

you guys LOVE conspiracy theories, don't you...

You LOVE denouncing anything that goes against your firm held beliefs without actually watching/reading it don't you...

WarAngel

Wanderer
One side instantly writes off conspiracy theories as shit no matter what they say and the other side instantly writes off anything authority-related no matter what they say. Kind of ridiculous.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
WarAngel;711682 said:
One side instantly writes off conspiracy theories as shit no matter what they say and the other side instantly writes off anything authority-related no matter what they say. Kind of ridiculous.

I'm not sure if that was directed at me or not, but if it was that is not how I feel at all.

Here was my review of the movie on another forum:

Genre: Documentary
Media: Online, Zeitgeist - The Movie, 2007
Rating: :):):):):)
Date: I just finished watching it at 10:53pm est.

Review:

This movie should be required viewing for any person in the world. It should be translated into all languages and be given to all countries via the red cross or some such organization to ensure that every person in the world knows what is going on in the world.

I haven't personally fact-checked the whole movie and I am sure some inbred republican is going to declare every inaccuracy presented in the film and declare it a farce, but before that, let me just say how moving this documentary is.

First of all the film denounces religion, they give very accurate information that is already widely accepted in order to do so and all one has to do is follow the conversation in order to see the truth. I was an atheist before watching the film and after watching the first part of it I felt very liberated.

The second part of the film deals with the 9/11 attacks. Before watching this film I laughed at anyone who said that they were planned. Now I'm not so sure. I haven't 100% flip flopped, but it is seriously making me think. The filmmaker uses examples of other such attacks to show that this isn't the first time something like this has happened.

The third part of the film deals with how banks are taking over everything. It shows how the American currency in itself generates debt immediately and that the FED as the film puts it, "is as Federal, as Federal Express". It shows that some of the richest people ever to have existed have done so through the use of war and control.

It is a film that not only affects Americans, but it affects everyone who is on the planet as the ultimate goal of this progression is global control. The film is a must see, just so that it presents an alternate view of things if it does not convince.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
WarAngel;711690 said:
I'd go so far as to say that over 50% of the things in the film were not fact-based.

There is a page that has all of the sources, as well a a few corrections.

I'd go so far as to ask you what you find to be unfounded. @_o

WarAngel

Wanderer
Do what I and a friend did and take an hour or so and look through the sources, and also try to find more information on what they are saying. You'll see what we found and why I'm saying that (it's really unfortunate, because it would be beautiful if it was all that definitive). The assertion is too complicated to make in a few short paragraphs on a forum. Maybe if I have some time this week, I will actually write up a few pages explaining it and giving a bunch of different examples. Oh, and this mainly applies to the religion part. I didn't really spend time looking up the Fed.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
WarAngel;711696 said:
Do what I and a friend did and take an hour or so and look through the sources, and also try to find more information on what they are saying. You'll see what we found and why I'm saying that (it's really unfortunate, because it would be beautiful if it was all that definitive). The assertion is too complicated to make in a few short paragraphs on a forum. Maybe if I have some time this week, I will actually write up a few pages explaining it and giving a bunch of different examples. Oh, and this mainly applies to the religion part. I didn't really spend time looking up the Fed.

Wait? You are saying the religion part is bogus?

most of the stuff he said is already widely recognized and accepted he just put it all together.

The 9/11 conspiracy is what I think is possibly bogus.

WarAngel

Wanderer
DontdroptheSOAD;711716 said:
Wait? You are saying the religion part is bogus?

most of the stuff he said is already widely recognized and accepted he just put it all together.

I'd recommend that you look up "widely" and "accepted". Making it in atheist circles doesn't make it "widely accepted". I'm a very open-minded, weak atheist, so I don't mind looking for information from all sorts of other sources. And really, even if I was a strong atheist, I didn't find too much definitive proof. The hardest information to find reliable sources for was that connecting the Zodiac-relationship stuff with the Bible.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Just randomly...um...
Any Christian that is not an idiot is very well aware that Christ (allegedly, if you like) was not born on Dec. 25th. It was adopted to help convert the European types. No one knows his actual birthday (if any).

So basically, we derived the date from people that were already pagan. Which, while not destroying the previous religion interrelations, shoots a few holes in the Christianity interrelation.

Bye.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
I google'd zodiac bible comparisons

And found some stuff, I really am not in the mood for a debate though so to each his own.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
TMSTKSBK;711725 said:
Just randomly...um...
Any Christian that is not an idiot is very well aware that Christ (allegedly, if you like) was not born on Dec. 25th. It was adopted to help convert the European types. No one knows his actual birthday (if any).

So basically, we derived the date from people that were already pagan. Which, while not destroying the previous religion interrelations, shoots a few holes in the Christianity interrelation.

Bye.

Um:

comparison of the lives of horus and jesus: coincidence?

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Joeku;711760 said:

Zeitgeist isn't parody