RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

¡When is RunUO Beta-9 coming out!

Alkiser

Administrator
AlejandroX and Kiwi are the only two people in my big book of useless posts

and my is that alot of posts.

S

soundwav

flipdside, i bet it will be some time soon cause the dev's are the s h i t and they dont keep us waiting to long unlike other projects that only update once every time a white fly farts on a purple frog while time has stopped and only when the moon is on fire.

A

Allmight

flipdside said:
¡When is RunUO Beta-9 coming out!

No point asking this question flipside, the devs ignore posts like this.
I would guess it will be out this weekend like they allways have done with an exeption or two. Don't take me on my words though since the devs have no obligation to release on any certain date. They release it when it's ready to be released.

Alkiser said:
AlejandroX and Kiwi are the only two people in my big book of useless posts

and my is that alot of posts.

LOL, amen to that Alkiser. Could'nt have said it better myself :D

stakex

Wanderer
i know a lot of people dont feel this way but i see nothng wrong with people wanting to know when the next beta is coming out.

S

soundwav

there is nothing wrong with wanting to know but the simple fact is we will never know an exact time cause from what i have seen and im taking a guess about the rest. the devs work on this all the way up to the point they post it for download. they are working on it but there is no real way for them to say ok next beta will be friday at 6:32pm cause what if they run into a bug and it eats them. no wait i mean what if they run into a bug and they have to spend 12 hours fixing it and that just put them 12 behind what they said, now when its come out at 12:32am on saturday people will be disapointed cause it wasnt released on time. and when people are disapointed they tend to bitch and gripe about it and it just gets worse. they dont get paid for this and i see no reason to cause more stress on them by having them set a release time or date. i'll bet everything i own (tho i dont have much) that they are working hard cause they want this to be playable too thats why they started it, and it will come out as soon as they can get it all ready. just sit back relax and play with what they have made so far and dream of what is to come next. btw i dont mean this as a flame if thats how it came off sorry.

chad

Wanderer
I would suggest somebody, ryan or alk, whoever is concerned perhaps post one of those sticky and locked posts with a title something like "THE NEWEST VERSION OF RUNUO WILL BE RELEASED...." (that will make those wanting to know look) Then in the body of the post they could write "when it's ready. Don't ask when that will be, we won't tell you because we're not being paid and we're going as fast as we can but there is NO deadline here".

All one has to do is look on the downloads page and check the release dates of versions 1-8 to see they've been AVERAGING about a week between new releases. So I would be GUESSING we could expect 9 pretty soon, but I see no reason to hold them to any kind of pattern. I'm amazed at the speed of their progress.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
negatory!

Nah Chad, atm, everyone is convinced the RunUO Devs are the nicest devs to produce a Emulator yet (I do agree. They actually talk, get this TALK, to you in the chatroom). If they go and do that and toss in a line about not getting paid, it will sound as though they are whining about it. From my experience, RunUO devs don't whine.

(ie. Damian - "I get no appreciation, so I'm canning Sphere!").
At least, last I heard, that's how it went.

Makes Damian sound *real* mature, right? :rolleyes: Correct my statement if I'm wrong, but I heard he quit cause people "picked" on him, or something to that effect. :?

Sure a sticky post about no certain release date is great, but just leave out any whinish sounding statements.

stakex

Wanderer
thats a good point soundwave. ppl tend to bitch to much. The devs are very nice people from what i have seen, and i can imagin it does get annoying seeing this time and time again. Thats why i think there should be something that has the next betas Expected Time of Arival. Note the keyword EXPECTED. So that way if it isnt there people cant bitch and say you said it was going to be here. its just a general estimate. Yet it will shut people up as to when it is coming out. I'm sure you all dissagrea but, hey its your right to.

Etalicus

Sorceror
:evil:
i think Ryan should release the next Beta but not call it 9 call it 10 so people freak out about missing 9
:twisted:

A

Allmight

Hmm

Well, this is straight from Zippy, and im pretty sure this goes for Ryan as well.

"I never give releasedates."

My reply was. "Ok, i guess you don't know when it will be released".

Zippy replies. "Yes i do, but i will never tell."

Theese quotes is not 100% accurate, but not far from.

So people, respect the devs wish of not revealing info on when next beta will come. They have their reasons for doing it this way.

And frankly, why ask. The betas are so frequent so there really is no need to be impatient. Man, they come so close one barly have the time to test out the new stuff fully before next beta comes. So SHILL OUT ;)

Yeah, yeah. I know what you gonna say. "Look whos talking". I admit it, i have asked that as well. Guilty as charged :p. But i will ask no more.

Spooky

Wanderer
Beta 9

Its better to wait a little longer and get a good product, than place unreal expectations on the devs so they produce a not so good product.