RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[1.0] Movement Spawner

David

Moderate
[1.0] Movement Spawner

Summary:
When a Player moves over this item a creature or item is spawned.

Description:
When a Player steps on this spawner, a creature or item is spawned at a given location. Optionally, a message is shown over the creatures head.

Has the following properties available to GM's:
Active - an on/off switch
Message - the text to appear over the spawned creature or item
SpawnPoint - the exact loaction the subject will spawn
HomeRange - how far from the SpawnPoint the creature can wander
Limit - how many creatures can be spawned at any one time
Team - the creature's team, same as a regular spawner
Creature - the Type of creature/item to be spawned
Delay - The minimum time between spawns
SpawnChance - a percentage (0-100) of chance the spawn will occur

Has the following constructors:
[Add MoveSpawner
[Add MoveSpawner creature
[Add MoveSpawner creature msg
[Add MoveSpawner creature msg limit
[Add MoveSpawner creature msg limit chance
[Add MoveSpawner creature msg limit range team
[Add MoveSpawner creature msg limit chance range team

For example [Add MoveSpawner orc "An orc springs from hiding!" 3 50 will create a Movement Spawner with a 50/50 chance of spawning an orc. After the default delay of 5 minutes another orc may be spawned if the spawner is stepped on again, then another after 5 more minutes. Each time the given message will appear over the orc's head.

1.0 Notes:
This script works fine in 1.0, moving from Archives to Submissions on 05/06/06.

Installation:
Extract to your Scripts\Custom folder and restart the server.

Attachments

• MoveSpawner.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 1,006

Knightshade

Wanderer
What can I say David?

Your quality scripts make all our shards so much better. We're lucky to have you with us! Great work as always!

Darveon

Wanderer
*picture two thumbs up to the left*

Another excellent script David!

Serves many, many uses. Sure there's the obvious simple ambush, but it can also be used to add a lot of atmosphere.

Nothing like having a harpy spawn with the message "You hear the beating of large heavy wings as a Harpy lands and attacks!"

Great stuff! Thanks a lot!!

habitat85

Wanderer
Ran in to a little problem with this lately.

Ive been using this to spawn beetles and solens out of a hole when someone walks over it, problem is sometimes the spawner just doesnt work. I have it set to 100% chance that one will spawn when walked over with no delay, so when someone walks over it a beetle spawns, they tame it, and they can walk over it again to span another but its just not working all the time.

I do use the shrink system and im thinking maybe this has something to do with it. people taming the beetle shrinking it then its messing up maybe. It doesnt mess up all the time but at least once or twice a week.

Noticed there was no Bring Home or any type of thing like that.
Any clue why this is messing up?

Other then that this is very usefull

KingSmidgens

Wanderer
*throws in his two cents*

The way I see it, maybe the tamed beetle still counts against the spawner limit, you know, the beetle is spawned and being ridden, so nothing can spawn in the hole until it dies.. with normal spawners, though, tamed creatures don't count against the spawn count.. i'm not the best person to ask though :(

And to David, he's the best!

Maxus

Sorceror
I dont think there is script you have made that i haven't downloaded and used.
Its to the point now that i just dload it when i see your name and read what it does afterwards. :)

David

Moderate
Thanks guys! :)

So, the spawner is set to 100% chance, limit of 1, and no delay. Taming a beetle should remove it from the count... I would think shrinking would even more so. I'll look at the code when I get home and see if I can figure out what is going on. Maybe the spawner just has not had time to update the count.

I am having a challenge trying to get this to work properly.. I set down a spawner as follows:
[add movespawner orc "an orc springs from hiding" 3 50
as the instructions give in the example..

and this is what I get:

Active: True
Creature: "orc"
Delay: 00:05:00
HomeRange: 4 (0x4)
Limit: 3 (0x3)
NextSpawn: 7/14/2004 2:47:0...
SpawnChance: 100 (0x64) *for some reason it did not give 50% chance like
instructions said.
SpawnPoint: (0, 0, 0) * I know how to set the SpawnPoint
Team: 0 (0x0)
Item
Amount: 1 (0x1)
Decays: False

How do I get it to spawn more than one orc at a time.. say I would like 3 to jump out? I have tried setting the team value to 3 so it looks like this [code:1] Team: 3 (0x3) [/code:1]. I have also tried setting Limit, Team, and Amount to 3... I just can not get it to mulitiple spawn.

Now I see that it has a decay set to one hour, and I would guess that the spawn would automatically go away in a hours time if not killed by player after the initial spawning. Am I right, or do the spawn simply stay around until someone kills it or it is deleted by a gm?

I realize this is probably considered a stupid set of questions, but, I really do not understand it, and would appreciate help.

Thanks.

David

Moderate
Well, first I saw your comment on the spawn point but I wanted to stress that nothing will spawn if it is left at 0,0,0. The Limit determines how many may exist at once, the Delay determines how long you will wait between each spawn. It is not scripted to spawn more than one at a time but you can put say 1 second as a Delay time and do pretty close to what you want.

The Decay settings are part of all RunUO Items and have to do with when and if the item dissappears from the world. Decays is set to false so they have no effect on this item.

ahh, so if I set the limit to, lets say, 3.. it will spawn one orc when initially tripped, and if this orc is not killed, he will hang out in the range area until killed. If someone trips that spawner after the 5 minute time ( and the chance function happens to allow a spawn ), another one will spawn and stay in the same range area as the first. After the third orc spawns, the movespawner will mercifully refrain from spawning any more orcs until the 3 orcs are dealt with.

Aside from that there is no despawn action, so it is capable of making a large culminative spawn in a very slow fashion.. or a fast spawn determined by migration of charactors.

Thank you. This is going to be a great addition to my shard!

habitat85

Wanderer
Not sure if you checked up on the beetle issue, its happened again 3 times in the last 4 days so I removed it and am now using a xml spawner with proximity set, but I continue to use your movement spawner for solen ants :) not sure what it is with tamables but sometimes is just messes up after a while. the chances of it messing up arent high but it does happen :) Awesome spawner though.

Liacs

Sorceror
Update for Runuo 2.0

hallo! I just updated the script to RUNUO 2.0.

David, I hope you don't mind? Actually it was just one letter to change :)

I love this spawner. I don't know if it is in any package, I am using it since I came to the community.

Have fun!

Lia

Attachments

• MoveSpawner.rar
    2.4 KB · Views: 22

David

Moderate
Liacs said:
hallo! I just updated the script to RUNUO 2.0.

David, I hope you don't mind? Actually it was just one letter to change :)

I love this spawner. I don't know if it is in any package, I am using it since I came to the community.

Have fun!

Lia
Thanks for the help, I will take a look and then repost as a 2.0 script.

By the way folks, this would be the correct way to update someone else's scripts. If the author is still active they should always be given the opportunity to review the update.

NiteStar

Wanderer
Thank you David for another great piece of worm and thank you Liacs for the update. Community should work like this one does, teamwork is a large part of what makes RunUO so fantastic.

Thanks to everyone concerned.

:D :D :D

Icedddragon

Wanderer
Hehe this system rocks ^^
System: "A Radiated rat jumps from the sewers to attack you!"
Player: Ha a rat, prepare to die
*Rat poisons noob player*
Player: damn poisoned
*player kills rat then proceeds to die*