RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[1.0] Say and ItemSay Commands

David

Moderate
[1.0] Say and ItemSay Commands

Summary:
Forces a targeted Mobile or Item to say some text.

Description:
There are two commands; [Say for Mobiles, and [ItemSay for Items. Type the command followed by the text you want to be spoken and target the subject. When using the [Say command, you cannot target a Mobile unless it has a lower AccessLevel than you do, and any usage is written to the logs.

1.0 Notes:
This script works fine with 1.0. Moving from Archives to Submissions on 05/04/06.

Installation:
Extract into your Scripts\Custom folder and restart the server.

Attachments

• SayCommands.zip
    903 bytes · Views: 1,316

yoshadii

Wanderer
This is a wonderful script... great for Quests, I'd have to say. I used it on some monsters and NPCs, a tree and a bush, swords and... reagents. Yes, I'd say it's almost a universal say command, lol. I even made some armor on a paperdoll talk! This can truly be used to freak out some people, lol. Nice job, and thanks.

I got an error

I downloaded this script and i got the following error when i started up my shard:

Error: Scripts\Commands\SayCommands.cs: CS: (line 10, column 15) The name space 'Server.Scripts.Commands' already contains a definition for 'CustomCmdHandlers'

whats wrong?

David

Moderate
You have the old QuestCommands.cs script. It contains [SayThis which is the same a [Say that you just downloaded; [Clone which is bugged and not supported; and [GM-me which attempts to compensate for a shortcoming of [Clone. I highly suggest you remove the old script and burn the file on a pile of turtle dung under a waxing moon. Download the [Possess command to replace [Clone.

S

Seven

Very nice david! So now you can make items say things as well? Nice :>