RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

~1_val~a fish

mallorea

Wanderer
when ever i use a fishing rod on my new shard i get this when i pull it out.
you pulled out an item:~1_val~a fish what is this a cliloc error or something? i just dont want to change it if it will mess some thing else up down the line.

hungry4knowhow

Sorceror
Are you using a base install? What version? SVN? what client are you using? If not a base install, any custom resource scripts installed? More information would help alot.

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
I ran into the same issue, and managed to fix it with some adjustments. Took quite a bit of digging, but the following edits work wonderfully. I'd post my version of Fishing.cs, but it is heavily modified. ;)

At or around line 441, find:
Code:
else if ( item is Fish )
{
number = 1008124;
name = "a fish";
}

and replace it with:

Code:
else if ( item is Fish )
{
number = 1008124;
//name = "a fish";
name = item.ItemData.Name;
}

At or around line 475, find:
Code:
if ( number == 1043297 )
from.SendLocalizedMessage( number, name );
else
from.SendLocalizedMessage( number, true, name );

and replace it with:
Code:
//if ( number == 1043297 )
NetState ns = from.NetState;

if ( ns == null )
return;

if ( number == 1043297 || ns.HighSeas )
from.SendLocalizedMessage( number, name );
else
from.SendLocalizedMessage( number, true, name );

Also be sure to add:
Code:
using Server.Network;

The most logical explanation that I've found, is that OSI changed their clilocs for the High Seas expansion to include an argument, instead of just appending the result. Therefore, only HS+ clients will experience this bug. These edits will send the new format only when the user is connected using a new client, so the code will remain compatible with older ones. I've left the original snippets in the script, just commented out with // for comparison sake. Good luck!

Arduran

Wanderer
I have the same wrong, and edit with this and it's ok.
I need include de newtwork using for the netState.

Code:
using Server.Network;

Thanks Orbit

Arduran

Wanderer
No problem storm, the important is the code. I only posted the using because some people can have a problem to compilate jeje. Thanks again.

bond

Wanderer

Code:
using Server.Network;

Thanks Orbit
Having problems with the syntax , please forgive new to programing, could you write it as it should appear in the file exactly? thank you

Code:
using Server.Network;

Thanks Orbit

bond

Wanderer
works great thanks , anymore scripts that could get HS active? special fish? fishmonger? special ships? questgiver? thanks again

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
High Seas content is limited, and very little has been released. Galleons are virtually nonexistent as only one shard to my knowledge has them. Honestly, your best bet is to script the content yourself or wait around in hopes that someone releases it (which isn't likely to happen anytime soon).