RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.0 and vista

creepster

Wanderer
I am lost at this part

I been goin thru the scripts with crap loads of searchs within the folders an my listner says this am i in the wrong area please guide

<html>
<head>
<title>RunUO Documentation - Class Overview - Listener</title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="white" style="font-family: Courier New" text="#000000" link="#000000" vlink="#000000" alink="#808080">
<h4><a href="../namespaces/Server.Network.html">Back to Server.Network</a></h4>
<h2>Listener : IDisposable</h2>
(<font color="blue">static</font>) <font color="blue">int</font> Port( <font color="blue">get</font>; <font color="blue">set</font>; )<br>
(<font color="blue">ctor</font>) Listener( <font color="blue">int</font> port )<br>
<font color="blue">int</font> UsedPort( <font color="blue">get</font>; )<br>
Socket Bind( IPAddress ip, <font color="blue">int</font> port )<br>
<font color="blue">virtual</font> <font color="blue">void</font> Dispose()<br>
<font color="blue">void</font> OnAccept( IAsyncResult asyncResult )<br>
Socket[] Slice()<br>
</body>
</html>

wieganka

Sorceror
JSin666;721694 said:
mordero ... Ireally DONT understand man. Where ya find this "Core" file here? Listen.cs or listener.cs ... I did a full computer search and got nothing

There are 2 downloads for RunUO. There is RunUO, and RunUO Source. The second of the 2 is the Core source. Download that and look in the Network subfolder...you will find "Listener.cs".

wieganka

Sorceror
JSin666;721821 said:
do I just extract the source (core) in my runuo foldeR??

No!
Extract to a different folder, and open it as a separate project into Visual Studio, then make the changes and recompile it. Copy the new EXE file to the RunUO directory.

Murzin

Knight
Raider;686753 said:
I would say Very true at one time but not no more RunUO Will have to sooner or later make it compatible with vistas as i stated xp will be discontinue sooner or later cause if you go to a computer store to buy any latest new computers you wont find XP on them XP is history .

correct, eventaully XP will be history, i think that as of jan 1 MS wont support new sales of XP, and by jan 1 2009 wont support it anymore and will only support vista. you can still buy XP, you just have to look for it, but its still widely available.

*PS* Also Windows vista is faster and better then Xp which ive noticed.

really? every test i have seen shows XP as faster than vista other than limited games with full 64 bit compliance, and as vista much slower ( as much as 40% slower ) for media use.

Thinks what happen to 95 and 98

MS is a company designed around making money. their goal is to release a new product and stop supporting the previous to encourage upgrading. i STILL find my copies of 98 useful.

NT and 2k
Gone.

what are you talking about? win2k is NT 5.0, XP is NT 5.1 ... NT is the OS you are using now... and i know lots of companies who still use win2k.

do you know at all what you are talking about?

JSin666

Wanderer
can someone post or send me the new compiled .exe ?? Cuz I got visual Studio and I dont know how to do anything in that program

creepster

Wanderer
ok i figured it out

ok i made all the changes this is prolly a dumb question to experience runuo ppl but here it is after making all the changes do i combine the sources folder i extracted into the runuo folder? cause thats what i did an its like i made no changes at all ive tried making a seperate folder an named it core that dosent help either please help me when ya can ill be checkin post all day an night

Ravatar

Knight
Jeff;686749 said:
A true server shouldn't be using Vista in the 1st place.

I agree, but a testbed or sandbox is often necessary to test changes quickly, and the computer's OS platform/version shouldn't really matter in that case. Besides, this change will be necessary to make the application compatible with Server 2008.

Hjemad

Wanderer
Well just to be tottally different than the rest of you here trying to get things working with vista. Im hosting my own RunUO 2.0 RC1 shard on my laptop using Vista Ultimate and its running like a charm with custom scripts and a fully spawned world. People can connect without a problem. I have IPv4 and IPv6 enabled. My point is that you cant say vista sucks because it aint working for you. THe only thing that isnt RC1 is the Serverlist.cs. Thats the latest SVN.

Cryptor

Wanderer
Error 1 The name 'port' does not exist in the current context C:\Users\****\****\Local\TemporaryProjects\ConsoleApplication1\
Server\Network\Listener.cs 55 54 ConsoleApplication1

m_Listener = Bind(IPAddress.IPv6Any, port);

thats what i have in there but it still seems to fail me in creating how can i bypass errors :confused:

anybody

Sorceror
Jeff;686749 said:
A true server shouldn't be using Vista in the 1st place.
I agree.

The only edition of vista that is worth a shit is Ultimate. Home Basic and Home Premium are garbage 'cause they have limited functionality. Try editing the Local Security Policies in Home Premium or try changing the Users and Groups Policies. Yeah, it's sad that gpedit.msc and secpol.msc have been removed from Home Basic and Home Premium and I refuse to go out and spend $200+ for every computer I own just to have vista ultimate.

I've also spent hours searching for software that would manage the registry pertaining to the security and group policies in Home Premium and came up with nothing.

Jeff

Lord
If you have vista, and are trying to get it runuo to work on it, you have 3 options, give up, compile with the directions found somewhere here on the forums that explain how to do it on vista, or just get some damn vm software and install xp.....its nto that hard...