RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.0] Diablo Style Socket System

[2.0] Diablo Style Socket System

**EDIT** Have replaced DefBlacksmithy.cs with proper 2.0 script, including mods.

Reworked for RunUO 2.0 RC1 (also fixed the missing skulls from loot)

See this link for original description

http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35415&highlight=diablo

To edit the frequency of the drops, go into LootPack and edit the lines like this:

new LootPackEntry( false, FlawedGems, 2, 1 )

Where the number "2" is, change that anywhere from .01-100. (this is based on percent chance)
BE CAREFUL when changing this, as it seems to affect other drops in that same code block.

Attachments

• Diablo Socket System for RunUO 2.0.rar
    145 KB · Views: 397
I will save you the trouble of looking for the Horadric cube in the archive thread since it was fairly deep.

I have made no mods to it, and it works fine in 2.0 so far.

This script and the ones above are not mine, I simply reworked the necessary areas to make this system compatible with 2.0
(figured I better clarify that :) )

Attachments

• HCube.cs
    31.4 KB · Views: 195

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Love the system. Have it integrated with Karmageddon's OWL system and it works smoothly. Thanks for the update and for the cube. I was having trouble remembering exactly what it was called. ;)

Ashlar

Sorceror
Socket Gems Key [2.0]

camberman2003 - if you don't want this here, let me know an i will delete this, but i thought that this was the best place....

Before there was Daat's resource keys I had released resource books.
This item stores the all five versions of each gem type.

I never released this publicly before, but here it is for RunUO 2.0.

This is a stand-alone script.
Well it requires the Diablo socket system items :), but it does not require Daat's system.

Installation: Add to your custom scripts. No mods required.

PM me if there are any problems, no need to hijack this thread.

Attachments

• SocketGemsKey.cs
    56.7 KB · Views: 134
Reworked for RunUO 2.0 RC1 (also fixed the missing skulls from loot)

See this link for original description

http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=diablo

To edit the frequency of the drops, go into LootPack and edit the lines like this:

new LootPackEntry( false, FlawedGems, 2, 1 )

Where the number "2" is, change that anywhere from .01-100. (this is based on percent chance)
BE CAREFUL when changing this, as it seems to affect other drops in that same code block.
I have this system and am happy to see that someone updated it. Tanks Camberman.

camberman2003 - if you don't want this here, let me know an i will delete this, but i thought that this was the best place....

Before there was Daat's resource keys I had released resource books.

I never released this publicly before, but here it is for RunUO 2.0.

This is a stand-alone script.
Well it requires the Diablo socket system items :), but it does not require Daat's system.

Installation: Add to your custom scripts. No mods required.

PM me if there are any problems, no need to hijack this thread.
Thanks Ashlar sounds like a nice addition.

Yep, it's all about sharing. I think the keys are a great script, and this is the right place to post it. Nothing worse than having umpteen gems in your pack and trying to keep them organized. Is there an easy way to make it blessed?

LordHogFred

Knight
Glad to see that people are still using my system after all this time :D
Thanks for taking your time to update it to work with RunUO 2.0 :cool:

And a great big thanks to you for making it! I can honestly say it is one of the best custom scripts ever to come to UO. (even if the concept was borrowed from Diablo)

My players run around like idiots trying to gather gems and make exotic weapons. Much Karma to ya!

Ashlar

Sorceror
Is there an easy way to make it blessed?
Yep :) just change lines 189 and 201 from:
//LootType = LootType.Blessed;
to:
LootType = LootType.Blessed;

Don't know why i had it commented out actually...*Boggle*

LordHogFred

Knight
Hmm, perhaps I'll dig out my half finished update to the system.
It was much nicer and cleaner than the old system and used base items which had the gem enhancements coded into them rather than just added to the baseweapon. Got most of it done just needed to finish off the targetting for the gems and it was practically finished.

Ashlar

Sorceror
I once had Diablo Socket system, XmlSockets, XmlAttachments and SpellCrafting all working together on the same set of equipment.
(right about the time of change form Beta 36 to 1.0)

If you have never seen the combined effects... um, you really really should at least once in your life, it was ... AWESOME!

Really, really, really unbalanced, but totally, utterly beyond belief in coolness.

*Sorry about the mini-hijack!*

LordHogFred-
I too would love to see your updated system for Diablo Sockets!
I think the only reason we haven't seen more of the Diablo Sockets before now is because your original thread got buried....sigh.

Sparkin

Sorceror
Vhaerun said:
Love the system. Have it integrated with Karmageddon's OWL system and it works smoothly. Thanks for the update and for the cube. I was having trouble remembering exactly what it was called. ;)

What would i have to do to do that?

thanks

WizardingOne

Sorceror
Got a warning, and I know why, but not sure If I should take out the code...

Warnings:
Base/Items/Shields/BaseShield.cs: CS0108: Line 16: 'Server.Items.BaseShield.AugmentList' hides inherited member 'Server.Items.BaseArmor.AugmentList'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.

It says that for line 22, 25, and 32 as well for socketlabel, usedsockets, and maxsockets.

Basically DefBlacksmithy.cs is from RunUO 1.0 with changes made for the socket system.
Better compare against the distro file of RunUO 2.0rc1, else you miss out stuff that was added there. ;)

Oh, and you could have provided pre-edited files of BaseArmor.cs and BaseWeapon.cs. I say this because you include other already edited files. ;)

For the warning about BaseShield.cs:
you do not need to add the mentioned changes to BaseShield.cs since it is already derived from the BaseArmor Class.

otimpyre

Sorceror
Great

Everquest uses this type of system as well called "Augmentations" Flawed, Perfect, ect...Augs for short they also have types tho. For example a type 4 only fits on melee weapons a type 6 only works on bows. All the augmentations can be removed but, require that you buy solvents from a special vendor. The cheapest one destroys the augs. Then the solvents are priced by the type of aug they remove. The solvents are just diff colored viles. And cannot be sold back to the vendor. The augs them self tho all have names effects ect...Most were obtained by doing adventure camp quests and required adventure points to purchase them. Others however were rare drops off mobs.

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Sparkin said:
What would i have to do to do that?

thanks

It's actually not all that difficult. The changes to the distro files are relatively minor. Only additions, no removals, and every single change is documented inside the help files. I could just post the scripts I have that would allow integration, but there are some other scripts that I've put together to work with this script...

-Karmageddon's OWL
-Crystal Harvesting (don't remember right off hand who did this. Great system)
-LordHogFred's Socket System (updated for 2.0)
-Custom Blacksmithing crafting system (my own script, including new items [will be eventually released])
-Lost Alchemy (again, not sure who did this off the top of my head)

All which mess around with distro files that overlap other systems. Real lessons in scripting.