RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.0] Guildmate Travel (goto and bring)

Ashlar

Sorceror
[2.0] Guildmate Travel (goto and bring)

===========================================
Sparkin had an idea.
He wanted guildmates to be able to travel to each other quickly.
I had the pleasure of finding a simple method for this to happen.
He is generous enough that he wants to share it with the community.
===========================================

What this is:
One modified script: GuildMemberInfoGump.cs
Two new gumps: BringGuildMatePermissionGump.cs and GoToGuildMatePermissionGump.cs

What this does:
This adds the ability to travel to your guildmates location or bring them to you.

Paperdoll -> Guild Button -> Guild Roster -> Member Info
Two new options on the member info. <Go to guildmate> and <Bring guildmate>

A gump is sent to the other Guildmate asking them to approve or deny the travel requests.

This gump includes information about the person who requested the travel.
It shows their Name, GuildRank and GuildTitle.

Addition:
Due to a request, I am adding a Felucca only version of Guildmate Travel.
If both Guildmembers are not in Felucca they both recieve a message showing which map they both are on and that they both must be in Felucca.

Installation:
1. In \Scripts\Gumps\Guilds\New Guild System
Rename or remove GuildMemberInfoGump.cs (replacement is in the folder)
2. Add Ashlar's GuildMate Travel folder to your custom folder.
(or the \Scripts\Gumps\Guilds\New Guild System if you want to keep it all together)

Attachments

• Ashlar's GuildMate Travel.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 238
  • Ashlar's GuildMate Travel - Felucca only.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 106

Sparkin

Sorceror
Ashlar... Words cannot say How Much this script helped Our Shard... The players Love it and Adore you!

You are a awesome man....
When i asked if yuo could do this you said you would get right on it and get back to me in 3 weeks... A few Hrs later i had script in hand... (speachless)

Thanks so much and i hope other shards Enjoy this as much as we do! Thanks again

++++++++++++++++Karma

Vintersorg

Wanderer
Yes Sparkin is right, very nice job and I thank you on behalf of our shard. This opens up a lot of the possibilities we've been looking for, heh guild wars will be a bit more interesting I think. Anyway thanks again.

Vintersorg

Welcome Glad to be of help with Project thought it would be good for fel only because it pvp, and if you call on one from not pvp side it would have been a little im balanced so glad to help

supernova72611

Welcome Glad to be of help with Project thought it would be good for fel only because it pvp, and if you call on one from not pvp side it would have been a little im balanced so glad to help
Reds calling reds is very under balanced and can create a loss in playerbase. I would put in a check for criminal. So that if two people are ingaged in battle and are losing they can't call for help. They can only get help before hand.

Ashlar

Sorceror
Lucid...
I see where you are coming from, but respectfully, i dont see the problem being worse with red use.
Guild ganking in fel is the problem, regardless of it being reds doing it or blues.

Instead of a check for criminal, what about something like a time limiter... you can only goto or bring a guildmate if you havent already done so in the last x minutes?
If the DateTime is a single value for both then only one person could come in aid. One person incoming for each person already there every x minutes.
If the DateTimes were stored separately <goto> <bring> you could allow a faster, but still controlled influx of aid. Two players incoming for each person already there every x minutes.

#Edit:
I saw Supernova's suggestion as a good limiting factor.
If blues are in fel... they already chose to be there and accepted the possible outcome of dying.
Also, this suggestion moves the guild wars battlefields to fel if the guilds want quick travel, thus adding in the possibliity of reds getting in on the action :)
#end edit

Guildmate travel does create a change in the fundimentals of guild wars, but that was part of the intention...
Guildmates having the ability to quickly aid guildmates.

Also:
One thing that has probably been overlooked that i saw in scripting this is the possibility of going to a recently dead player to avenge them.
Will the permission gump open for the dead player? I don't know, havent checked.

Lucid Nagual
Adept Join Date: Nov 2004

supernova72611

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Reds calling reds is very under balanced and can create a loss in playerbase. I would put in a check for criminal. So that if two people are ingaged in battle and are losing they can't call for help. They can only get help before hand.

Don Juan Matus "The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge

well i was thing more on lines of calling freinds to help out with monsters in fel. but really think you are right on the pvp concept of that so i would pm the creator of this project andd run it by him

Ashlar
Apprentice

Also:
One thing that has probably been overlooked that i saw in scripting this is the possibility of going to a recently dead player to avenge them.
Will the permission gump open for the dead player? I don't know, havent checked.

That would be a good thing to look in on, and i think timer would be probly better in this case for you are correct If blues are in fel... they already chose to be there and accepted the possible outcome of dying.

Sparkin

Sorceror
wow I never thought it be this complex but i like the ideas :)
we use it on our shard and love it... mainly for champ spawns lol yea its a little bit of a spoiler but my player loves it alot and had made hunting champs the most done thing on our shard... i did 9 yesterday on ly day off :p

thanks again for making this for us Ashlar....