RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.0 RC1, 1.0 Final] Knives' TownHouses 2.0

Superfast Oz

Sorceror
Hi,

Could anyone please assist? This system is crashing the server whenever anyone speaks inside an owned house.

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at Server.Commands.HearAll.OnSpeech(SpeechEventArgs args)
  at Server.SpeechEventHandler.Invoke(SpeechEventArgs e)
  at Server.Mobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
  at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
  at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UnicodeSpeech(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
  at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
  at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
  at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Edit - Never mind, I fixed it!

jayates

Sorceror
Everytime players type the command [i wish to secure this or [i wish to lock this down the system says: IRC Connection is down. I didn't do anything to shut it down. How do I fix it? :(

BBraamse

Sorceror
Everytime players type the command [i wish to secure this or [i wish to lock this down the system says: IRC Connection is down. I didn't do anything to shut it down. How do I fix it? :(
I think you are trying to lock an item down in your house. You don't need to use the command prefix "[" however, you just need to say the text like you would if you were normally talking. Basically... "talk" to your house and let it know you are locking an item down. It sounds kind of silly, yes, but that is how the game mechanics work. Try just typing, "I wish to lock this down." without using the command prefix: [

That should solve your issue.