RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.0 RC1, 1.0 Final] Knives' TownHouses 2.0

PKDemon

Sorceror
i am getting an error when i am trying to use this script

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2959.20979
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 1 warnings)
Warnings:
 + custom/Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9/General/MultiConnection.cs:
    CS0168: Line 65: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
    CS0168: Line 134: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
    CS0168: Line 165: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
    CS0168: Line 184: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
    CS0168: Line 201: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
    CS0168: Line 252: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
Errors:
 + custom/Town Houses v2.01/Misc/GumpResponse.cs:
    CS0266: Line 28: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.Generic.
IEnumerable<Server.Gumps.Gump>' to 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Server.Gumps
.Gump>'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

can someone please help me :(

Sexy-Vampire

Sorceror
Raylin McCluster;798056 said:
Anyone got a shard with a decent amount of people that has this script in it? I really want to see it. =) thx.

ethereal realms has it installed all tho most of the static homes are taken :)

Thilgon

Sorceror
Hello there...
I've tried in the last days to correct an issue i've found about TownHouses, that i call the "Rental Loop Crash" bug, that consists, when you have rented a portion of your house to another player, and then go break the contract, it starts an infinite loop spamming to death both clients with a flood of messages, then collapsing the server, and lastly not giving *any* crashlog...
dunno if it is the same of the "Infamous SVN bug", but, however...

I've managed, with the help of a friend, to *most probably* fix this issue, adding a little piece of code and modding another...

i'm attaching my results here (also included a mod for SVN compatibility) :)
It hasn't been tested deeply, due to short time, but it *seems* to work fine.
if someone could test it deeper, i would be glad to make adjustments to it.
Hope this helps (and works :p)

Attachments

• GumpResponse.cs
    6 KB · Views: 125
  • RentalContract.cs
    9 KB · Views: 114
  • TownHouseSign.cs
    33.7 KB · Views: 113

Varka

Wanderer
I just set this up in RunUO RC2, and am having the following problems:

I can't set the house name.

I can't figure out how to delete a townhouse.

Any help out there?

*edit*
Never mind. Figured both out.

Use [delete and target the oval sign.

ALso, the default n ame of the house was simply far too long. I pounded on the backspace key for a little bit and cleared it out.

*/edit*

bruce wayne

Wanderer
k i got a question and hopefully some1 will answer it lol becuase idk if this goes back up to the top lol but i am trying to use this and i got an error

+customs/gumpresponse.cs:
line 28:cannot implicitly convert type 'system.collections.generic.
imnumerable<server.gumps.gump>' to 'system.collections.generic.list<server.gumps.gump>'
. an explicit conversion exists <are you missing a cast?>

Thessalia

Wanderer
just downloaded it and put it in my custom folder ( using 2.0 SVN)

By thessalia at 2009-10-07

Bujinsho

Page
This is dealt with somewhere in the depths of this thread ... but try this one from my shard. It should work :)

Attachments

• GumpResponse.cs
    6 KB · Views: 156

Thessalia

Wanderer
thanks ;-)
worked fine.

Put up a lot of scattered custom homes now and everything is fine...

except:

force public/ force private doesn't work :(

its silly if ppl living underground below a forest can set this forest on private :p

Kamon

Wanderer
When a player purchases a house, he cannot set the security of the maindoor. I had to make the house public, then private and only then I was able to set the front door secure. I didn't test too much this tho so maybe it's a normal thing, but I just wanted to let you guys notice it :p

dagger lad

Wanderer
I used the house palcement tool to make a regular plaster and wood house in Britain. I then used the [townhouses command and sleected the floor of that house, set everything up and put the sign up. I then had a player purchase the house, change the lkocks and lock stuff down. No problems.

I thought there might be some kind of interference with ready made homes but I didnt see anything. No crashes and everything seemed to work great. The player then demolished the house, the house remained, the sign vanished and the player repurchased just to make sure. No problems.

This almost seems to good to be true.

So, I can use my GM to build all kinds of custom house in Brit and then turn them into townhouses? Am I right on this?

Iomega0318

Sorceror
I have always loved this, but I have a question.

Is it at all possible to force it to show the whole house area, like when you set the house area it adds cloth tiles to show you what you have selected. However once the house is "too large" it stops showing the area.. Is there a way to force it to show the area belonging to the house..?

JamzeMcC

Squire
Dimelinion;825080 said:
Does this work with 2.0 RC2?

Im not 100% positive but it does work with the latest SVN with minimal start up issues. I would guess if I can get it to work with the SVN, you should be able to with 2.0. The only issue I found was that gump response and the fix is found within this thread. If not, post your errors and we shall see what we can do to help. :)

Thilgon

Sorceror
Iomega0318;825076 said:
I have always loved this, but I have a question.

Is it at all possible to force it to show the whole house area, like when you set the house area it adds cloth tiles to show you what you have selected. However once the house is "too large" it stops showing the area.. Is there a way to force it to show the area belonging to the house..?

Just change the preview area settings...

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Thilgon;825252 said:
Just change the preview area settings...
Ah.. never would have thought of that lol.. I will look for it but just in case, where can I find those settings?

**EDIT**
Awesome found it! and for those that wish to do the same.. just open ../Items/TownHouseSign.cs and find this section:
Code:
            if (blocks.Count > [COLOR="Navy"]500[/COLOR])
            {
                m.SendMessage("Due to size of the area, skipping the preview.");
                return;
            }
and change what's in blue to whatever you want it to be..
Thank you Thilgon!