RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.0] TamersLittleHelper-Taming and Training "system"

Ashlar

Sorceror
[2.0] TamersLittleHelper-Taming and Training "system"

People trying to gain skill in Animal Taming have it rough.
Chasing down a different mobile for every attempt, avoiding death from wandering mobiles and pkers etc, gets just plain annoying. So i made a training "system" after my wife, Morrigan wished for one.

What this is:
*Note: Dracana's version works differently as it is much more advanced*
12 mobiles, one item, and one gump.

Usage flowchart for taming:
Double click the TamersLittleHelper item and you get a gump.
The gump has 12 buttons that are labeled by Animal Taming skill level.
Click the button that is correct for your skill.
A animal appears ready for taming. This animal can NOT move. (no more chasing)
Make tame attempts (gaining skill) untill a sucessful tame. This animal is no longer useful.
After a sucessful tame, double click the creature to delete it from the game and from your control. You do NOT have to release the pet before double clicking it!
The gump remains open during this time so you can quickly create a new animal for your next tame.

For training pets/players:
The animals created by the gump do zero damage and cannot be damaged, but they are not Blessed. You can attack them, they can attack you, you just cannot hurt each other.
This is great for training pets, and players too. You can even train Parry, they do hit...they just do zero damage. When you are done training with the animal, doubleclick it to remove it from game.

Notes:
The TamersLittleHelper item is currently blessed and movable. It appears in game as a small, light blue statue.
The animals use one control slot when tamed. They cannot move and appear at the players location when created.

Fixed the Evil Player problem pointed out by UnderDog. Thanks for thinking ahead for me!

There are many versions of TamersLittleHelper.
I now have the scripts for three of these versions, my original one, the Modification done by A_Li_N and a new version sent to me by Dracana

All three of these version are updated to RunUO 2.0 and will not work on 1.0 unless you change the spelling of Aggressor to agressor..

Original version - The statue does not disappear when a mobile is created.
1. No gump - will go off the current base skill and automatically spawn the tamable creature based on skill.
2. In use status - Will only allow one player to use it at a time and will display status (onmouseover if not locked down, onsingleclick if locked down).
3. Idle timer - if a player is using it and does double click in 5 minutes, the helper will become available again. Timespan can be set in script.
4. Max skill allowed - Max skill allowed can be set to disallow players with ### skill from using it. Can be defaulted in script or individually in item props

In all three versions the animals delete themselves when the player moves from 7 tiles to 8 tiles away from the taming creature.

I truely hope that anyone who has modified TamersLittleHelper will submit their version for people to have a greater choice in what would work for their shard.

Thank you Dracana! I truely love your version!!!

Installation:
Choose which version you want.
Unzip and place into your customs folder.
[add tamerslittlehelper

Attachments

• TamersLittleHelper - Original version.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 207
  • TamersLittleHelper - A_Li_N's version.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 150
  • TamersLittleHelper - Dracana's version.rar
    13.3 KB · Views: 215

Ashlar

Sorceror
New Version of Tamer's Little Helper available!

Updated first post to include Dracana's version of Tamer's Little Helper.

It is a much more advanced version than i have seen previously and i highly reccommend everyone check it out!

Thanks Dracana!!!

P.s. I hope to use Dracana's example to make a modification to my CraftTrainer.... :D