RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.0] The Fair Elain Quest

Vhaerun

Sorceror
[2.0] The Fair Elain Quest

The Fair Elain

Simple drop into custom folder will start this rather lengthy but easy to complete quest.

Features five NPCs (one non-invul), two new items, and two new weapons.

Premise: Alecsander is courting Elain, and is wanting to get a love letter/poem from the famous poet Vacar James to win her affections. Vacar, though, has been commissioned by Erik Sullivan, a guard, to write a similar love letter for him to be given to Elain. A series of passing errands leads the player through a ranger and finally to an "evil" mage that isn't evil.

In the end, the player has the choice of giving the love letter to either Erik or Alecsander, with each giving different items. Erik gives one of two new weapons (jagged katana and the mauler mace), while Alecsander gives over an "heirloom" that's been in his family for generations.

Cloak of Invisibility: Will grant the wearer invisibility until he/she moves or attacks/casts a spell. I've toyed around with a way to keep the person invisible until the person attacks, casts a spell, or is "revealed" while they walk but have not been able to. Anyone that can figure that out will get props and thanks.

Funky Mushroom: An interesting little item based off the statue stones found in the forums. It's a mushroom that, when doubleclicked, will change the user into the opposite gender. Male to female, female to male. There are also some sounds that are included (an eating sound, and the emote "oops!", correctly made to be the other gender from the character starts. Meaning, a male "eats" the mushroom, and a female voice says "oops!", and he is now a she). One has to get another mushroom to change back.

The script should work straight with a drop and restart. If there are any problems, let me know. All the mobiles, items, and gumps are included.

Enjoy.

[The Fair Elain Part 2 is in the works...]

Attachments

• ElainQuest.zip
    20.1 KB · Views: 347

Killamus

Knight
Cloak of invis. This is the method I used in mine for 1.0, so if this doesn't work on 2.0, they changed alot of shit. I have yet to see the stealth.cs file, or mobile.cs, so....

Attachments

• CloakOfInvisibility.cs.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 38

tameril

Wanderer
The quest works quite good, untill the part with the rewards....
The guard didn't give anything and the other guy gave an empty basket :confused:
The quest has been tested by 15 players so far and me the admin.
Runing RunUO 2.0

Other then that, you might want to change the letter item name to a Letter from "A rolled map", but awesome work and this quest deffinatly will make it into my shard. Love quests are always refreshing ;)

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Hrm. I just retested this on my shard and it works fine. Yes, some of the things that Alecsander gives are bunk. That's part of the humor of the quest.

Oops, yeah, there should be a:

Code:
Name = "Vacar's Love Letter";

In the code for the letter. The guard is supposed to give you one of the two weapons included. One is a katana, the other is a war mace, both only slightly magical. They aren't named different either, though you can do that with them as well, if you wish. Make sure you check your backpacks after talking to the guard to see if you actually got the weapons or not.

The katana does Hit Harm 5%, NightSight, and Weapon Damage 20%. The war mace has Weapon Speed 10% and Weapon Damage 20%.

tameril

Wanderer
Indeed my bad. I had a katana in my back pack and I didn't pay attention this was a magical one. Changed the letter name :D and if the other thing is part of the humor, then it's ok :)
Wonder how many of my players will actually help Alecsander after getting the basket ;)
Will tweak it a bit to give more usefull items (even if deco items).
Once again nice quest. Thank you for the release.

P.S.: Even if this sounds silly...the other players didn't pay attention the katana was magical either.....:D

Crepti

Wanderer
The quest worked fine for me in a test - Apart from one thing.

Take 10 robes to the mage - Drag them all on, you get 10 rings. Give 10 rings to the ranger, you get 10 books. 10 books to the Vacar, you get 10 love letters. Which you can then split between the guard and nobleman to get a variety of items.
And it doesn't matter how many time you do it, you can complete the quest 100 times and come back for more.

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Indeed.

I've not yet worked out if it's possible on how many times it can be done. However, realizing that, I made the rewards a bit on the weak side. The only things really worth having are the weapons (and only for new characters, really) and the cloak, which has some strict limits to it's usefulness (walking, talking, casting, fighting will make you visible).

And if someone did do the quest, got a funky mushroom, and ended up "changed", I'd think they most likely would want the ability to go back and try to get the mushroom again.

Zounds

Wanderer
Killamus said:
Ah, thank you. I have yet to have time to check out RunUO 2.0 in full.

I wrote my own script from hand because it had more errors in it that I over looked here is a copy that works.

Attachments

• CloakOfHidden.cs
    2.1 KB · Views: 30