RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few basic questions!

Wis Weed

Sorceror
Thanks again, Thagoras. This post effective helped me control skill gain ( skill gain rate ).
I used the 2nd suggestion

Now am I also able to control the stat gains in this file? I changed my skillcheck.cs file to read this:

private static TimeSpan m_StatGainDelay = TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 0.0 );
private static TimeSpan m_PetStatGainDelay = TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 0.0 );

that seemed to speed up the stat gain a bit

Soulmancer

Sorceror
1.) Where do I set a specific default starting location?
In this module: private static void EventSink_CharacterCreated of CharacterCreation.cs

2.) Where do I alter guard zones?
In Regions.xml.

3.) Where do I alter stat/skill cap and the affects of power scrolls?
That should be in PowerScroll.cs or StatScroll.cs.

4.) Where do I change the rate of stat/skill gain?
In SkillCheck.cs.

5.) How do I enable Felucca pvp rules for other realms?
In MapDefinitions.cs, change the other map to FeluccaRules
RegisterMap( 0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 4, "Felucca", MapRules.FeluccaRules );

6.) How do I enable/disable housing for a specific region/map?
Well, there's a lot that can be done in HousePlacement.cs in the module: public static HousePlacementResult Check.

7.) Is there a good monster/npc/decoration spawn package available that is compatible with SA?
I think Nerun may have an SA compatible distro package now...but not sure.

Hope that helps some.

1.) In a related follow up; how can I disable the young player system on new accounts? And how can you change which spots are selectable on the map or which facets are selectable?

2.) Can you give a few more details on this? I see the guarded moongate regions but in a region say: Malas: Umbra ... What line or value enables/disables the guards? I am trying to disable guards in specific regions.

8.) New Question! Where do I change the moongate system destinations?

Thanks

Thagoras

Sorceror
1.) In a related follow up; how can I disable the young player system on new accounts? And how can you change which spots are selectable on the map or which facets are selectable?

Well, the easiest way to remove Young statis is modify it on the playermobile in the CharacterCreation.
In the module EventSink_CharacterCreated
Code:
if ( newChar is PlayerMobile )
 {
 PlayerMobile pm = (PlayerMobile) newChar;

pm.Profession = args.Profession;

if ( pm.AccessLevel == AccessLevel.Player && ((Account)pm.Account).Young )
 young = pm.Young = true;
  }
Change that last line to "young = pm.Young = false;". That should do it.
As far as that second part goes, this might be built into the client. I'll have to peruse the client files again to hunt that down.

2.) Can you give a few more details on this? I see the guarded moongate regions but in a region say: Malas: Umbra ... What line or value enables/disables the guards? I am trying to disable guards in specific regions.

Regions.xml has all the regions plotted out. X and Y location with their counterparts width and height. X and Y are the top, left coordinates. Width is how many tiles to the right of the X location and Height is how many tiles down. Top most corner is 0,0 and so everything is incrementally higher.

Disabling guarded regions. There is a command you may use in game which will accomplish this. "Guardious disableous".. .no. ..er. ..Sorry...reading harry potter. [ToggleGuarded. From what I'm gathering from GuardedRegion.cs is you need to be in the guarded region to toggle this on or off.
You may also hard code this (which I would imagine would be preferred because then these regions would be permanently unguarded).
TownRegion is a subclass of GuardedRegion so all the rules of GuardedRegion pass on to TownRegion. So, my suggestion would be to go into your Regions folder, make a copy of TownRegion.cs, rename it to UnguardedTownRegion.cs (or some such thing), change the Class to BaseRegion (and you should be able to copy a few of the modules from GuardedRegion.cs into the UnguardedTownRegion, like AllowHousing and such). Then all you have to do is go through the Regions.xml and change the towns you don't want guarded to UnguardedTownRegion, and you should be good to go.

Soulmancer

Sorceror
Thanks again.

4.) Where do I change the rate of stat/skill gain?

Can you provide further details on this? Also where can I modify skill and stat cap?

Wis Weed

Sorceror
You can change the skill gain at Scripts/Misc/SkillCheck.cs.

Go down to line 133. I believe you will see this:

gc *= skill.Info.GainFactor ;

change it to this:

gc *= (skill.Info.GainFactor+1) ;

The "+1" will make it gain faster. +2 will make it go faster and + 3 will make it go even faster. + 5 is really really fast.

Thagoras showed me how to do this in a previous post.

I can't help too much with stat gain speed, because I haven't figured out how to control it yet. But i did find a way to at least speed it up a little.

In line 339 of the same SkillCheck.cs file you will see something like this:

private static TimeSpan m_StatGainDelay = TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 15.0 );
private static TimeSpan m_PetStatGainDelay = TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 15.0 );

change it to something like this:

private static TimeSpan m_StatGainDelay = TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 0.0 );
private static TimeSpan m_PetStatGainDelay = TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 15.0 );

Soulmancer

Sorceror
Any idea how to change the size of the Royal City guarded region? it's covers way to much area beyond the city and I'd like to change that.

Thagoras

Sorceror
Edit the Regions.xml. It's at the very bottom. I'm not sure what yours says, but mine is set to a size of 300 x 400. I think this might be fairly accurate to OSI, but I will agree, seems a bit large. They have housing within that area.

<region type="TownRegion" priority="50" name="Royal City">
<rect x="662" y="3316" width="300" height="400" />
<go x="750" y="3450" z="-20" />
<entrance x="841" y="3510" />
</region>

I have this nice pic viewer called IrfanView (LINK). You'd also need UOFiddler (to extract a BMP of the map). Select box around the area you wish to have as the town region. IrfanView informs the area boxed. So, for example, if you just want to have the walled areas as the town region (you can mark multiple boxes for a region...I won't for this example though) the size would instead be width = "240" height = "242"

Right...or use the region editor...nice piece of software!!

Soulmancer

Sorceror
Thanks you guys are great! Two quick follow ups.

1.) Is there a simple system for toggling housing placement in a region in the same way you can enable/disable guards or is this a more complicated proccess? I am mainly looking to prevent housing in Ter'Mur... ishenar too but that area is already disabled by default.

2.) I still have yet to find what controlls the over all base player skill and statcap. Such as the 700/225

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Those caps are set in the character creation file. Probably doesn't have a skillcap setting, will have to add it.

I suggest getting Regions In A Box for doing the region editing you're talking about in-game.

Thagoras

Sorceror
Preventing housing in TerMur is EASY. Open your HousePlacement.cs script and find Ilshenar...it should be in the HousePlacementResult module.
Code:
if ( map == Map.Ilshenar || SpellHelper.IsFeluccaT2A( map, center ) )
     return HousePlacementResult.BadRegion; // No houses in Ilshenar/T2A

Just add "|| map == Map.TerMur" to this.

Soulmancer

Sorceror
Thanks!!

Those caps are set in the character creation file. Probably doesn't have a skillcap setting, will have to add it.

Really? Cause I've noticed a lot of shards out there have things like no skill/stat cap or custom skill/stat caps... Plus isn't there a system in place that changes it based on the age of your account?

Soulmancer

Sorceror
Got it, 3 more quick questions for now.

How do I change the name of my server?
How to I enable it so players can connect; or is that already enabled by default?
Is it possible to disable boat placement in the same way you disable house placement in a specific map or region?

Thagoras

Sorceror
Server name is found in ServerList.cs. Players should always be able to connect. The only things you may have to worry about are firewalls and port forwarding.

Soulmancer

Sorceror
One issue I am having trouble with, is how to I create an account for other players, given that the create an account tries to access the official service!

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Add accounts in the [admin menu. Just need to supply an account name and password. I suggest adding some way of changing a password in game if you do this often though.