RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little bit of a strange problem...

Malaperth

Wanderer
Only time will tell :) All I can tell you for sure was that I was able to connect to that IP when I tried. I still suggest a no-ip dns name.

bilros02

Wanderer
How do i make one of those though? I go to no-ip, made an account and where do I go from there? Create Host???

bilros02

Wanderer
It still doesnt make any sense to me how you can connect and he cant. This is ridiculous. And I wish I had the money to make the noip account

Malaperth

Wanderer
Clicking the "free" section helps...

No-IP Free is our entry level service. Use yourname.no-ip.com instead of a hard to remember IP address or URL. Additionally use our dynamic update client to keep track of your dynamic IP address. You will always be able to get to your computer even if you IP address is dynamically assigned.

bilros02

Wanderer
Alright Mal, so I made a host and got NO-IP running, and now its running in the background. Do I have to change anything now in serverlist.cs so that it looks at the host instead of the IP?

Malaperth

Wanderer
I think that you can leave it just like it is running MrFixits. Just give out your no-ip dns name and everything should work. If not, we'll have to look around some more.

billbo

Wanderer
Someone wanna help me out also, i'm having the same problems when my friend tries to connect. I remember when i first started my shard many months ago how to configure it so other people could connect, but now when i'm just restarting my shard i can't figure out whats going on.

My friend gets to the server selection screen, but gets stuck at connecting afterwards. My conusel says his disconnected for some reason... Help anyone?

Malaperth

Wanderer
That sounds like client incompatibility to me. Is the server and your friends client using the same client version?

billbo

Wanderer
Hmm not sure, does his client absolutely have to be full patched like mine?

EDIT-From what i remember last time, i had a script to auto detect my IP for the server listings or something like that.

Malaperth

Wanderer
Well, he will most likely have to be patched as you are, especially if you have a 6 or higher client version. and if you had an IP issue, there is a very slim chance you would see anything in the console window.