RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A_Li_N's Paintball

A_Li_N

Knight
A_Li_N's Paintball

Current Version :
  • 1.1.1 - Fixed Arms lore staying at 100. - PBGameItem.cs
  • 1.1.0 - Updated - change-log in post 69.
  • 1.0.3e - Fixed a crash of invalid Casting. - PBPlayerStorage.cs
  • 1.0.3d - Fixed skills rounding when restoring. - PBPlayerStorage.cs
  • 1.0.3c - Small fix to the Score Gump. - PBScoreGump.cs (Thanks KryptoniteXP)
  • 1.0.3b - Couple more checks to see if defender is playing. Cosmetics - PBGameEquipment.cs, PBGameItem.cs
  • 1.0.3a - Fixed Team assignments. - PBGameItem.cs
  • 1.0.3 - Added Team Exit points and re-did the gump to have more function. Can now set the amount of teams and all the entry/exit points from the gump. - PBGMGump.cs, PBGameItem.cs
  • 1.0.2c - Fixed a bug when attacking things other than PlayerMobiles. - PBEquipment.cs
  • 1.0.2b - Put some more checks in to hopefully eliminate server crashes. - PBGameItem.cs
  • 1.0.2a - Fixed small mis-type error. - PBGameItem.cs
  • 1.0.2 - Fixed a crash when players' bows were destroyed/removed. Added Cloaks to players to help differentiate teams. (and fix crash) Make sure you do not have games running when you update. - PBGameItem.cs, PBEquipment.cs, PBGMGump.cs, PBTimer.cs
  • 1.0.1a - Fixed a small bug with bankchecks as prizes - PBGameItem.cs
  • 1.0.1 - Change Log :
    • Team Locations working.
    • Scoreboard with Team counts/names and who is alive/dead.
    • Auto Prize delivery at end-game to teams with 1 or more members left.
    • GM Gump that lets you Start/Pause/End game and target a Bag with prizes in it.
    • Hit/Miss messages to spice things up.
    • Various tweaks to code to make things work.
    • New names for files/items (The reason I put "Beta" up there :), I sometimes change my mind with things of this nature)
    • Weapons actually PAINT armor now, instead of having them delete the pieces.
  • 1.0.0 - Basic game of Paintball. Currently supports up to 4 teams. Very little else is implemented yet...waiting for feedback.

Description :
Paintball :)
Add Game Stone with [add PBGameItem
Players double click Game Stone. Stone will add player to the next open team. Stone stores players Stats/fame/karma/kills/skills and sets all skills/stats to 100. Player's items are then stripped off and banked in a bag. And the PBGame armor and weapon are added with the team hue. The Bow will automatically check to see if the defender is of a different team by checking the hue of their armor. When the player looses all their armor and is hit once more, they are teleported to the ExitDest.

Installation :
Simply put the files in your Customs folder. No base script edits needed.

Future :
  • Support to generate a pre-made arena 'Addon'. Currently 1-2 in the making from a friend, will be scripted using the AddonGenerator and selectable from the Game Stone.
  • Requested by Users :

As you can see, I have put in support for users to request changes/additions. I am pretty open on this matter and will implement what I feel is a good addition to paintball. I will update the list of the Future if I decide to work on it. But please, once requested, do not ask when it will be done :) I work on my own schedual and it's very random.

Attachments

• A_Li_N's Paintball 1.1.1.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 1,523
Paintball Weapon

Add Use Best Weapon Skill on the weapon to keep people that have archery from having an advantage. Oh and make the ammo movable = false. That way no one can smuggle ammo out of the game.

Paintball Arena

Here is an arena that I use for Paintball. I have included the dividers. Add the dividers to increase difficulty level. Example [add eventdivider01 and target the blue tile in the middle of the arena. This arena would also be good for color wars but I haven't been able to get the script from anyone :)

Attachments

• ColorWarsArenaAddon.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 515
  • EventDivider01Addon.zip
    844 bytes · Views: 452
  • EventDivider02Addon.zip
    824 bytes · Views: 428

A_Li_N

Knight
Lucid Nagual said:
Add Use Best Weapon Skill on the weapon to keep people that have archery from having an advantage. Oh and make the ammo movable = false. That way no one can smuggle ammo out of the game.
No need to do this...the game takes every skill and sets it to 100. Levels the playing field for all players.

A_Li_N

Knight
Lucid Nagual said:
Here is an arena that I use for Paintball. I have included the dividers. Add the dividers to increase difficulty level. Example [add eventdivider01 and target the blue tile in the middle of the arena. This arena would also be good for color wars but I haven't been able to get the script from anyone :)
Thx, I'll take a look and see if I can get them in

Archery

Yeah I noticed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid Nagual

No need to do this...the game takes every skill and sets it to 100. Levels the playing field for all players.

Would be nice if players entered game as criminal to eliminate the flag. And remove all armor and reset stone to inactive when game over. I'll see if I can get to some of it.

A_Li_N

Knight
Lucid Nagual said:
Yeah I noticed.

Would be nice if players entered game as criminal to eliminate the flag. And remove all armor and reset stone to inactive when game over. I'll see if I can get to some of it.
Forgot to mention that the stone also sets all players to have 10 kills...aka murder...aka no flag :)
And I'm currently working on the scoreboard, which will require all the code to do what you said.

A Few MODs

Sry I was blabbing about things I didn't like from the old game before I checked yours out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid Nagual
Yeah I noticed.

Forgot to mention that the stone also sets all players to have 10 kills...aka murder...aka no flag :)
And I'm currently working on the scoreboard, which will require all the code to do what you said.

I made a few MODs to make it more arena style:

Winner is rewarded token or bank check - Your choice, or both (or add your own reward).
Players enter the game in war mode - Less annoying can go right to fighting.
(Need to make it where they are frozen til the game starts).
When game ends - Players leave in peace mode, items are stripped and stone disappears.
(Need to make the gump so that a new game can be started which places a stone and options for placing dividers at a touch of a button).

Attachments

• PaintBallGameItem.cs
    8.2 KB · Views: 232
  • PaintBallEquipment.cs
    7.4 KB · Views: 227

A_Li_N

Knight
Lucid Nagual said:
Sry I was blabbing about things I didn't like from the old game before I checked yours out.

I made a few MODs to make it more arena style:

Winner is rewarded token or bank check - Your choice, or both (or add your own reward).
Players enter the game in war mode - Less annoying can go right to fighting.
(Need to make it where they are frozen til the game starts).
When game ends - Players leave in peace mode, items are stripped and stone disappears.
(Need to make the gump so that a new game can be started which places a stone and options for placing dividers at a touch of a button).
I'll take a look and see if I can implement any of what you did to what I currently have/have planned. This is what I have right now...
  • Players are actually sent to the team starting places
  • Ability (no gump yet though) to target a bag of prizes and have it stored. The stone then gives it automaticly at game ends to all winners. (All persons on a team with 1 or more persons) Still needs a bit of tweaking, but that's the basic concept.
  • Weapon hits/misses give different msgs stating that they hit or missed. This just to add some spice.
  • Start/End msgs
  • A Scoreboard, showing how many are on each team, and who is on that team, and whether they are 'alive' or dead.
  • I THINK that is all...lol... *Shouldn't leave a script mid-idea*
I will take your code for the combat/frozen and implement it into mine (with credit), that way we can keep with 1 release as much as possible.

A_Li_N

Ability (no gump yet though) to target a bag of prizes and have it stored. The stone then gives it automaticly at game ends to all winners. (All persons on a team with 1 or more persons) Still needs a bit of tweaking, but that's the basic concept.

Weapon hits/misses give different msgs stating that they hit or missed. This just to add some spice.
That would be nice.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Players are actually sent to the team starting places
I have mine to where when I choose to start Paintball, it places the arena and stone in specified area. Then the players start exactly where I want them to. And have an options menu allowing the GM to place the dividers at a push of a button. Then when the game is declared over (GM menu option) everything is deleted.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Scoreboard, showing how many are on each team, and who is on that team, and whether they are 'alive' or dead.
And would be nice if it would goto a specified area as well. Like brit bank for example instead of the backpack.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And...
Have you concidered using this same format and adding color wars? I tried scripting CW but I'm not that good yet. But I do have the hued bags and items (spellbooks, regs, weapons ext.), which is a start. And I have a primative stone lol.

Thanks for the update. I'm eager to see the finished product.

A_Li_N

Knight
*Doesn't know exactly what color wars are* :D Although I could guess. But after I finish paintball, I'm going to concentrate on my other current project and hopefully make headway in it. Long ways off on that one heheh.

I'll make a GM gump to have these things in it :
  • The 2-4 locations of each team starting place, setable from the gump.
  • Exit location, setable from the gump.
  • Arena choices, setable from the gump. (Hopefully with radio buttons so you can simply check the box next to deviders to place/unplace them. If not, I'll just put normal buttons)
  • List of Prize items, with a button to target a bag to add more.
  • Other things I might find by the time I get there :)

Color Wars

Color wars is 4 teams (team hue), that use their skills to fight and kill defenders. Last team left wins. Pretty simple and very similar. If it is ok I can try and use the same format u have for Paintball and see if I can do it. If you don't mind answering some of my retarded questions along the way lol. I'm not that skilled yet :)

A_Li_N

Knight
Lucid Nagual said:
Color wars is 4 teams (team hue), that use their skills to fight and kill defenders. Last team left wins. Pretty simple and very similar. If it is ok I can try and use the same format u have for Paintball and see if I can do it. If you don't mind answering some of my retarded questions along the way lol. I'm not that skilled yet :)
Sounds fine to me :)

A_Li_N

Knight
Lucid Nagual said:
This one is way better. Only problem I have is the game doesn't end when it should the players keep fighting.
Stone has a timer set at 30 seconds. Each tick it checks if there is only 1 team with players, and if so, ends the game.

kyleman

Wanderer
Crash

Well I just added the stone and put a 1mill check for prize and a player came and double clikced stone before i could tell him not to, and then i hit stop on the stone and shard crashed
Any ideas?

A_Li_N

Knight
kyleman said:
Well I just added the stone and put a 1mill check for prize and a player came and double clikced stone before i could tell him not to, and then i hit stop on the stone and shard crashed
Any ideas?
I'll take a look...might have missed a check with the stop button is all. Give me a few.

*Fixed*
BankChecks do not have a creator with 0 arguments, and I don't know how to use the activator and pass it arguments like that...but I made a work around.

Word of warning for future : Don't add prizes that don't have a 0-arg creator :) I'll work on it and see what I can do.