RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About Stygian Abyss!

Tibaland

Wanderer
About Stygian Abyss!

I wonder, many in RunUO shards are already running with the Stygian Abyss, I wonder if you will
create a razor that has compatibility with this new Ultima Online (which finally gave a cheer for having
new players because it has totally improved graphics)

I hope they can do and I await a response.

Jeff

Lord
Tibaland;848694 said:
I wonder, many in RunUO shards are already running with the Stygian Abyss, I wonder if you will
create a razor that has compatibility with this new Ultima Online (which finally gave a cheer for having
new players because it has totally improved graphics)

I hope they can do and I await a response.

Not likely, development on Razor has stopped, aside from fixing encryption issues.

fokudu

Wanderer
is there any chance to creating a patch for stygian abyss ¿:confused:? i cant think an uo without razor but i cant do macro for mysticism because it does not support spells . i think it is not difficult to fix it.

you developers help us plz...:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Jeff

Lord
It's already been said that Development for Razor is basically done. Zippy has moved on, and only provides support when he feels like it... Mark maintains encryption updates for now. Making Razor work with SA Client is not just a simple patch, it would require A LOT of work having to decompile the exe and finding memory addresses and the like... Don't expect this to happen any time soon, if at all.

rondelin

Sorceror
Razor and SA

Razor works fine with SA IMO. Im guessing with the exception of 3 skills. Mysticism,Imbuing, and Throwing maybe? I started playing osi in 1998 before item insurance , Trammel, illegal macro programs etc...So I am not missing a few macros. I hate Trammel but do implement it on my shard. Trammel was the down turn of osi IMO. They had to create stealable arties just to preserve the stealing skill lol. Anyways you can always make a command script for the missing macros like they did for druid spells and chanting macros like they did for the ice staff you get off giant ice sepents. Besides mysticism spell damage seems so inferior to other game systems at the moment I wouldn't rely on it in battle. Druids are more powerful "to speak of an easy shard addition". I would focus more on making the new expansion content 100% working then worry how to macro it already. These forums are cluttered with alternative mobiles and custom God-Like artifacts. Not too mention in somewhat of a disarray and sometimes hard to search. As a community effort to perfect game systems and create custom systems with some appeal, we should try and tune in to the same frequency. I think alot of the top scripters do sometimes come with an attitude but the reasoning starts to become more and more apparent. I do see alot of shards say they offer SA content. What a knee slapper. They offer the map little more and wings maybe. Osi gets all of its new expansion ideas from these forums! Most of us shard owners have implemented the new content in some way already, with some variation. Osi is smart the bulk of their idea makers aren't even on the payroll.
Peace- RedBeard

Sorceror
Was thinking the same thing

Yeah, I also thought it was for the Enhanced Version that Razor isn't working.

But fair enough, takes lot of time and effort to redo, remodify etc

Im just still puzzling out how to get the Enhanced Server to work on a private server.

Justae

Wanderer
Running the Enhanced UO:SA Client

Hello,

In order to run the enhanced UO:SA Client, you will need a copy of the original build version 3.0.0.122
using UOSALoader.exe and creating a patched client (it creates uosa.client.exe which you can rename) allows it to work fine as long as your shard supports the client. Thing is with the enhanced client, it does not use the login.cfg entries, the IP and port for your shard is coded into the patched client.

On another note, there is no UOSALoader yet available as I write this which will work on a fully-patched and up to date UO:SA client (4.0.8.4 I believe).

Regards,
Justae.

Sorceror
Thanks

Ahh Bugger, thanks for the input, yeah I thought it might be input, means I may need to learn C+ code or have a friend who knows how to code so they can de=code it for me, as it looks as though ABC and Pandora can do it with an 11.2 kilobyte file.

nortex

Wanderer
Justae;849489 said:
Hello,

In order to run the enhanced UO:SA Client, you will need a copy of the original build version 3.0.0.122
using UOSALoader.exe and creating a patched client (it creates uosa.client.exe which you can rename) allows it to work fine as long as your shard supports the client. Thing is with the enhanced client, it does not use the login.cfg entries, the IP and port for your shard is coded into the patched client.

On another note, there is no UOSALoader yet available as I write this which will work on a fully-patched and up to date UO:SA client (4.0.8.4 I believe).

Regards,
Justae.

Ohh!, Finally found someone who can understand my problem! i have the Stygian abyss server , but i have the problem with how to connect to him ? the enchanted client have no Login.cfg , can you please describe me how can i enter my server ip adress into the client.exe ( or where did the ip adress is hided) ??

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
Justae;849489 said:
Hello,

Regards,
Justae.

Sure there is.
kprojects - Project Hosting on Google Code
Avaiable since August, the 22th :)
(i made it before but google code was not working)

nortex;851884 said:
Ohh!, Finally found someone who can understand my problem! i have the Stygian abyss server , but i have the problem with how to connect to him ? the enchanted client have no Login.cfg , can you please describe me how can i enter my server ip adress into the client.exe ( or where did the ip adress is hided) ??

take the client, decompile it (ILLEGAL), find it and then set it :)

Justae

Wanderer
Edit UO:SA IP and PORT

(originally posted by me on POL forums Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:03 am )

Getting the latest UO:SA Enhanced client (UOSA.exe) patched with your shard IP and port can be troublesome.

The latest enhanced client patch fixes some of the classic gump issues, such as the offset cursor when doing text entries inside a gump. Quite a bit of additional functionality added to the client interface as well.

Use a hex editor of your choice. UltraEdit can also do this. The enhanced client does not use the Login.cfg file, the site address and port is coded into the UOSA.exe

Make a backup copy of UOSA.exe and hex-edit this file.

search for offset 0x1e8a72 - read 4 bytes, this is the IP address in reverse order.
4f d1 99 9f
79 209 153 159
= IP 159.153.209.79

Compare the above to the original EA Login.cfg:
LoginServer=login.owo.com,7775 = login.owo.com = 159.153.209.79
LoginServer=login.owo.com,7776
login.owo.com = 159.153.209.79

offset 0x1e8a7a and 0x1e8a84 2 bytes each port reverse order
5f 1E 5f 1E
95 30 95 30
= port 3095

search for offset 0x1efa7d 4 bytes ip reverse again offset
4f d1 99 9f
79 209 153 159

port again, 0x1efa86 2 bytes reverse order
5f 1E
95 30
= port 3095

Seems the ports for updating Enhanced client are different to classic client ports (7775, 7776) and the same port seems to be defined twice.

Running POL099 with encryption settings set to 'none' in pol.cfg (please see changelog.txt for more information regarding POL099 and client encryption). Editting the hex values above to match your server should get you logged in with your own patched client.

My thanks to my friend and Developer, Dragos, for this analysis.

Best regards,
Justae.

"Because sharing is caring"