RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding a Custom OWL System

Adding a Custom OWL System

I would really appreciate some feedback before I try implementing a Custom Ore Wood Leather Resource System the hard way. (by hard way - I mean adding script to each individual .cs file involved on my server).

I am running RunUO SVN 526 with Mondian's Legacy SVN 53 included. I used this set up because it came with ML running pretty much out of the box but it has very limited custom OWL.

I have tried installing each of the following systems (and yes I did follow instructions to the letter):
Daat99's Custom OWLTR
Lokai - Daat99 OWLTR Update [RunUO 2.0]
FingersMcSteal [RunUO 2.0 RC1] Resources (OGLWBCP)
Karmageddon's Custom Resource OWL [RunUO2 RC1 + 2]

In every case the error list is lengthy but more importantly the installation instructions ask me to delete existing files which have discovered are edited to run with ML. If I delete these files I will lose a great deal of my ML set up.

I am prepared to edit my individual files hoping they will then embrace one of the above OWL systems but I would like to pick the best one for the purpose before doing all the work. I am not interested in a Token system so if I go with one of the Daat99 versions I will not implement that part.

Sooo - This is where I need your help. Please give me your thoughts on which system may be the best.

I truly appreciate all opinions.

Many Thanks
*bows*

actualy the best way is to look at their systems and incorporate only what you want

using things like winmerge can help with that - tells you what files are changed and what was changed in them

but basicaly for metals, for example - search all file for valorite (inforapid is great for that) and you will see the places you need to add your custom metals to - or change to the new highest one
same for other ones as well (logs if not all ready upgraded are a little harder)

or can use wimmerge and merge in one of those systems 1st, changing the parts that only apply to them, then modify as you want

Thanks Greywolf - good advice as always. I have never used WinMerge - Will have a look at it.

Do you have any advice/preferrence for one OWL system over another?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
I think Daat99's is the best, it's definitely my favorite. Although it can be a complete bitch to add to your server. I had to squash tons of bugs just to get it working on my server.

Anyways, if you try and add that system and run into some problems. Just post on the forum for help or info involving the specific errors.

Datt's is the one i 1st used and then modified for my server

I put it in, merged it, then modified the hell out of it to my liking :)

then added in ideas from others (like crystals, etc)

Thanks guys.

Daat99's Custom OWLTR (Ore\Wood\Leather\Tokens\Recipes) is for RunUO 1.0.0 as seen here ---> http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-...om-owltr-ore-wood-leather-tokens-recipes.html

On the other hand . . .

Lokai revised the Daat99 system for RunUO 2.0 as seen here ---> http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-...2-0-rc1-daat99-owltr-update-2-0-w-caveat.html

If I am merging files instead of using the complete scripts would I still be advised to use Lokai's revised version or the originals by Daat99 done fo RunUO 1.0.0 ??

Karmageddon's seems to be the newest released package and does not involve tokens etc. Seen here ---> http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-...rc1-karmageddons-custom-resource-package.html

HellRazor

Knight
It would be cool for someone to provide a tutorial on essentially walking through the steps of implementing custom ores and woods (i.e. which scripts need to be edited, etc). I thought there used to be one but haven't been able to find it. :(

basicaly it is like i said is the easiest way - search all files for valorite, tells you which ones to modify/add

basicaly have to copy each spot valorite is at, using your own names, colors, settings, etc
and just a couple replace valorite with the new highest ore value (when doing checks if deom dull to val for range, etc)

arron

Traveler
does anyone have any idea on how to implement a custom resource info into the Orb SA Server as i am trying to set up a all new Stygian abyss server and most of things i did my self but the craft side is allot of differences to what i use to work with any help would be most appreciated