RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding buildings

peepeetree

Sorceror
Hey Everyone,
I have been playing around with scripts and such all day long and I am at the point where I would like to begin testing new dungeons and such. I remember back in the day I could create buildings, I can't seem to find the option in the documents included or in the admin panel. What I am missing? Can someone give me a quick run down on how to do this, I can't seem to find my answer by searching or going through the new person forum here. Thanks a lot!

michelle78

Sorceror
UO Architect is a good tool to add complete buildings, or some people just use one of the Addon tools to make buildings and drop them where they want. You may want to freeze these buildings to your map to make sure players dont have any lag near bigger structures or custom dungeons. You may want to look in the FAQ section for tutorials.

Safera

Page
I agree that your best tool for house building is probably UOArchitect, which you can download here.

The biggest perk with UOA being that you can not only export current buildings from your map, but you can import pre-made buildings, including buildings others have made and saved as .uoa files.

Here are two good repositories for pre-made UOArchitect buildings and towns:
UOArchive.com
Orbsydia

Another good tool for tweaking your buildings in game is GMTool. GMTool can be used, among other things, to raise or lower or move walls and building pieces one increment by one increment. GMTool is a script that you use the [GMtool command to call it in game.

More info about the GMTool can be found in this post:
In-Game GM Tool volume 1.1 started 2/21/10

peepeetree

Sorceror
I agree that your best tool for house building is probably UOArchitect, which you can download here.

The biggest perk with UOA being that you can not only export current buildings from your map, but you can import pre-made buildings, including buildings others have made and saved as .uoa files.

Here are two good repositories for pre-made UOArchitect buildings and towns:
UOArchive.com
Orbsydia

Another good tool for tweaking your buildings in game is GMTool. GMTool can be used, among other things, to raise or lower or move walls and building pieces one increment by one increment. GMTool is a script that you use the [GMtool command to call it in game.

More info about the GMTool can be found in this post:
In-Game GM Tool volume 1.1 started 2/21/10

That is extremely helpful thank you very much!

Safera

Page
First, login to UO and then install and run UOArchitect
*I think I may be missing a step here because I have some UOArchitect files in with my runuo files (specifically, UOArchitectInterface.dll) If you are setup to run UOArchitect, you will know when you start runuo, as you will see the following in the console: UO Architect Server for Runuo is listening on port 2594*

Anyway, open UO Architect and go to options to setup your UO Client Directory and to setup both paths to your multi.idx and multi.mul files (the boxes will turn green when they are correctly set).

Next choose CONNECT and in the Login Manager choose ADD to type in the runuo server info and CONNECT.

Now,while logged in game, go to the Database Tab and choose something that you want to add to your shard. Click and highlight the object that you want to install and then click BUILD and target the ground in-game where you want the building placed. A nice little "Build" Gump pops up - don't close it - until you have your building right where you want it as you can use this to adjust the location or delete the building if you made a mistake.

UOArchitect kind of makes addons (not just buildings, that can be placed into the game and moved around as single pieces, so they are easier to manipulate.