RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

adding locations to public moongates

ahope222111

Wanderer
ok all i need to know is once ive found the lline

i need to modify to string instead of int how do i do it and how do i modify the gump to fit more places witout changing it to much and what else do i have to modify once it will accept strings

Hello:

its fairly simple to add new locations to the public moongate. simply what ever facet you wish to add a new location to ( Felucca, trammel, malas, ect ) find this code for that facet in publicmoongate.cs

Code:
		public static readonly PMList Tokuno =
			new PMList( 1063258, 1063415, Map.Tokuno, new PMEntry[]
				{
					new PMEntry( new Point3D( 1169,  998, 41 ), 1063412 ), // Isamu-Jima
					new PMEntry( new Point3D(  802, 1204, 25 ), 1063413 ), // Makoto-Jima
					new PMEntry( new Point3D(  270,  628, 15 ), 1063414 )  // Homare-Jima
				} );

This is the section for tokuno, then simple add a new like like this for how ever many new locations you want to add:

Code:
					new PMEntry( new Point3D(  X CORD,  Y CORD, Z ALTITUDE ), CLILOCENTRY )  // Homare-Jima

By adding this line of code, it will automatically do the spacing and everything else needed for the gump work. Where CLILOCENTRY is you need to get a cliloc editor, and either edit it and patch it to match the name of the location you add to your gate, or find a pre existing one that matches your needs.

Now most faccets have room for new locations to be added to them, but felucca/trammel dont. this is a simple fix. Simple look for this line ( ctrl F )

Code:
			AddPage( 0 );

Below it is this line of code:

Code:
			AddBackground( 0, 0, 380, [COLOR="Red"]300[/COLOR], 5054 );

The line highlighted in red controls how tall the gump is. this one number will effect the height of all facets gumps. Simple increase the number to make the gump taller, and lessen it to make it shorter. This will take some fiddling with to find the perfect look for your amount of entries...

And sure enough, you are done! I just did this a week ago to my moongates so it was fresh in my mind, and figured Id share my findings on the matter. If you run into any problems or don't understand a step just reply with your issue and well do our best to help you.

Good luck with your project...

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
This has one...

new PMEntry( new Point3D( 1169, 998, 41 ), 1063412 ), // Isamu-Jima

That number represents that name, this is the way most of the gumps in RunUO work.

I've just woke up (13:48pm, tuts), i'll post late with help on gates, i need coffee...ugh.

ahope222111

Wanderer
can anyone tell me

what's the special nbumer i need to display the name in the public moongate gump for

delucia

papua

i would be greatful:)

Mantharke

Wanderer
i took a cliloc editor to check wich line i would take..... but i see many lines that are writen the same and here is my question: if i modify a duplicated cliloc and that i let one to the original, does it have some effect on other speech found around the game??

Teagan

Sorceror
I know this is an old thread, I am trying to add a public moongate warp point to Ver Lor Reg (Gargoyle City) as that would be the starting city on my shard. I tried searching for a cliloc editor through google and got nothing, links that were posted here were dead, 403 permissions for instance. Anyone able to point me in the right direction or pull up the cliloc number for the city?