RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe Photoshop CS4 - Brush Release [For Custom Map Makers]

Sythen

Sorceror
Adobe Photoshop CS4 - Brush Release [For Custom Map Makers]

I posted these brushes on Obsydia a few days ago, however I've decided to post them on RunUO as well so that those creative map designers who don't frequent Orbsydia can take advantage of them. These are brush sets for use with Adobe Photoshop CS4 (or later) and all brushes have been scaled to, and tested in, Ultima Online. For the most part, I created these to ease my own map making experience; using them saved me a lot of time. While these brushes were created to work exclusively with UOLandscaper swatches, I have no doubt in my mind that they will work with any map making utility that uses custom colors to represent in-game tiles; i.e. Dragon and Genesis. :)

The Brushes Consists Of: (1) UOL House Markers [EA/Mythic Scaled Housing For UO], (2) UOL Map Overlays [Patterns For Forests, Mountains, Lakes..], (3) UOL MapDetailing Brushes [Add Street Cracks, Forts, Cemetaries, Farms..], (4) UOL Terraforming Brushes [Place A Selection Of Continents And Islands], and (5) UOL PremadeCity Brushes [Choose From 3 Town Plot Sizes And Place City Housing Overlays].

I plan on updating these brushes for as long as I continue to make custom maps for UO and I will be posting them on Orbsydia and RunUO accordingly. If you download these: comments, constructive criticism, and suggestions are always welcome. On that note, some brush sets were released prematurely and are not as complete as I'd like them to be; however I will be updating and adding more to them as I go along. Have fun with them and feel free to edit and redistribute these as you see fit. :)

Attachments

• UOL HouseMarker Brushes.zip
    130.7 KB · Views: 40
  • UOL HouseMarker Brushes.rar
    125.3 KB · Views: 20
  • UOL Map Overlay Brushes.zip
    149.2 KB · Views: 35
  • UOL Map Overlay Brushes.rar
    143.6 KB · Views: 22
  • UOL MapDetailing Brushes.zip
    138.3 KB · Views: 30
  • UOL MapDetailing Brushes.rar
    132.9 KB · Views: 18
  • UOL PremadeCity Brushes.zip
    145.4 KB · Views: 34
  • UOL PremadeCity Brushes.rar
    139.9 KB · Views: 16
  • UOL Terraforming Brushes.zip
    140.1 KB · Views: 31
  • UOL Terraforming Brushes.rar
    134.7 KB · Views: 19
These are pretty badass, you really shouldnt limit your advertising so much, these are great for dragon too. (also they load fine in CS5)

Sythen

Sorceror
An Example Of What These Brushes Can Do...

First I'd like to thank Anti-Basic for his words of encouragement and then I'd like to direct your attention to the link below. This is my fantasy real-world map and almost all of the brushes contained in the downloadable sets above went into creating this map. I hope you all enjoy :D

Full Bitmap Image - Trammel Replacement