RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advanced Player Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokai

Knight
Advanced Player Gate

Click here to download

Summary:
Use [props command to create custom gates!

Description:
Gate allows you to create custom Skill/Stat gates. I use it like a Profession gate. Can also be used as a 'Race' gate. Resurrect option, Skin hue option. All using the [props command. When the players double-click they are shown what changes will be made in a dialog.

Installation:
Drop the file in your scripts folder. Mine is in a new folder under 'Items' called 'Gates'.
*** You will also need the file GateDialogGump.cs, or this file will not work. ***

Lokai

Knight
So, Anageth, other than the fact that I should have zipped the two files together.... (this was my first submission, I will do it right next time.)

How did you like the scripts?

Lokai

Knight
Is this a modification of my scripts? just curious

No, I started with Beta36, added some custom, and created these on my own.

Originally, my idea was to create a set of gates that would be used when a character first logged in. Then, I decided that it might be nice to have them customizable so GameMasters would not need to write code to contribute their own gates.

cosmos

Wanderer
Hmmm, well I liked the idea, since I want to give players a way to advance certain skills... Last night I configured 7 gates, tested 'em and all looked well. Tonight, all the configuration done to the gates is gone, thay are all back to the default settings... with the exception of the names I gave each gate. The server had one reboot in the hours since I had configured them, but all work had been saved multiple times before said reboot. I didn't alter the scripts in any way, simply used the prop funtion to define the settings I wanted.

Any ideas?

Lokai

Knight
I noticed that this would happen any time I made changes to the script. Did you by any chance modify the script?

juani

Wanderer
u did not serialyze any info except if the gate decays or not :)

u gotta serialize all the m_something fields.

Lokai

Knight
juani said:
u did not serialyze any info except if the gate decays or not :)

u gotta serialize all the m_something fields.

Oh, I see what I forgot.

No, not all the m_something fields, just the 'new Int[]'.

I am posting a new script now.

Here is the link:

http://www.runuo.com/submissions/view.php?id=32164

Sorry for posting in a new thread, but I thought it would be better to have the Gate and the Gump together in a zip file to make it easier for people to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.