RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advanced Vampires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solinari555

Wanderer
Advanced Vampires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My version of Vampires. When you kill the vampire form, it transforms into it's bat form, calling out some undead and other creatures. When you kill it's Bat form, it transforms back into it's Vampire Form. The only way to truly kill one is if someone with a karma of 5000 or higher attacks it. In that case, it deletes itself.
If the vampire kills you in it's Vampire form, you are sent a gump asking if you wish to embrace Vampirism. If you do, your Stats change accordingly, your Title changes to the Vampire, and your Karma goes waaaay down. If you deny it, then it makes a copy of you as a vampire.

This script is one of my first, tell me if there are any problems.
To get rid of or modify Tokens, go into the script and find every line that reads as follows:
PackItem( new Token( 50, 150 ) ); might not be exact numbers...
If you want to get rid of them, delete these lines. If you want to modify them, put in the name of your Reward Currency instead of Token.

Here's the script.

Attachments

• Vampire.cs
    10.7 KB · Views: 783

georox

Wanderer
I would have it hue your skin to 0, to make it look like your pale and havent been in sunlight, mabe add a class for vampires not attacking you if you are "the vampire" and light hurts them and player vamps.

Solinari555

Wanderer
Im working on it

Vampires v. 2.0 will be out soon. They are also going to have normal vampire weaknesses. Just be patient. For now, use this one.

Solinari555

Wanderer
Great idea

soldierfortune said:
Sounds very nice ill try it out
maybe make it that holy light and sanctify weapon do more damage as well
That's a good idea, I'll keep that one in mind. Any other Ideas for 2.0, please tell me. I'm open to suggestions.

I have modified it a bit, but my players and I think its a great idea. I made it where you need 15000 karma to utterly destroy the vampire instead of 5000. Also I am trying to make it where even if you have 15000 karma you need to knock him down to 25 health before hes utterly destroyed. Then you get gold and tokens added to your pack. I beleive i got the karma/25 hits right but im having a problem with the gold going in players pack ( I'm a beginner scripter)

great script though Thanks
Dan

Draxus

Wanderer
Haven't tried this script out yet, but def will check it out, an idea though. If haven't already done so, just like the Vampire Form for necromancers... when they cast spells that use garlic it burns them and does dmg... Maybe base something like that where they mage vampires pay a toll for their choice of being that mixture hehe
Just a suggestion

Solinari555

Wanderer
Draxus said:
Haven't tried this script out yet, but def will check it out, an idea though. If haven't already done so, just like the Vampire Form for necromancers... when they cast spells that use garlic it burns them and does dmg... Maybe base something like that where they mage vampires pay a toll for their choice of being that mixture hehe
Just a suggestion
Yet another good idea i might use that.

Solinari555

Wanderer
soldierfortune said:
I have modified it a bit, but my players and I think its a great idea. I made it where you need 15000 karma to utterly destroy the vampire instead of 5000. Also I am trying to make it where even if you have 15000 karma you need to knock him down to 25 health before hes utterly destroyed. Then you get gold and tokens added to your pack. I beleive i got the karma/25 hits right but im having a problem with the gold going in players pack ( I'm a beginner scripter)

great script though Thanks
Dan
I have modified my script for you, so when you have 15000 Karma and it has 25 or less HP, it will be destroyed. By the way, that was a good idea.
One thing: It doesnt add the Gold or Tokens. I need to know the name of your Tokens script first.

Attachments

• Vampire.cs
    10.7 KB · Views: 152
Thank you, Ihavent been doing much last few days, as we just got hit with 3 out of 4 hurricanes here in FL. :( I lost my cable again for a few days :( But anyway Thanks for that. umm all I did was take fish steak script copy it and make it a token. I use Realis' vendor stone and set tokens as the currency.

Thanks again
Dan

Froman2686

Wanderer
Any progress on v 2.0? I would love to have this on my server.
Suggestions:
-Ever played Legacy of Kain? Kain, the lead character, was forced into vampirism. In that game, they used the "bat-form" that is so common to vampires, but with what I found to be an excellent twist: Kain would transform into a whole swarm of bats, that would assemble into his human form. Probably too chaotic for in game, unless you made just one or two Champion vamps...
-Blood drain, saps health and restores vamp's health.
-I like the karma restraint for actual death, but another thing I've found (courtesy of White Wolf's "World of Darkness," which is all vampiric) is "Torpor," a sleep in which vampires fall should they take too much damage. Not sure how that would be implemented...perhaps a "corpse" that self-resurrects after 5 minutes, no loot? Good alternative for players who don't have enough karma to score the actual death.
-Blessed weapons. Not blessed in the OSI sense, blessed like...at a shrine, or so. +15 to vamps or something like that, maybe removes the karma restriction...?

Let me know, I'm sure I can think of some other stuff. Vampires rule.

Solinari555

Wanderer
Actually,

Actually, I am now working on a new project, one involving the customisation of about every existing script in the scripts folder.
I will have the updates in before March of 2005, I will guarantee you that.

Solinari

Trivial

Sorceror
maybe make it so when vampires set out of a house and its daytime there skin starts to put.. (send message "your skin starts to burn from the light" make it do minimal damage, allmost like poison just dont make it do damage as fast as poison (so it doesnt ruin pvp)

Here's another idea:

If, for shards who use the Evolution Mercenary script, a player has a merc and becomes a vampire, their merc becomes something like a zombie, or a lowling vampire. And as for the skin hue, 1150 or 1153 would work good, because both are WHITE. 1150 makes a player look a bit pasty in the paperdoll, which is a definate plus. Don't know if you could add tiny but visible fangs to the paperdoll image or not, though...LOL!

I was kinda courious, if it was possible, to not send a gump asking if they want to be turned into a vampire, but instead IF you get beaten by him if they kill you it Does turn you regardless. or have a 10% chance that if they hit you, it might turn you as well or somehting along those lines.

djembasny

Wanderer
I've got one request. I can't do edit this script beacuse i very noob. Who can edit this script for me? I want, at 22:00 and up stats player(hurted by Vampire) are change to high, at day too small.

Thanks and i waiting for reply

Sorry for my english :)