RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Hands on Deck! Your ideas wanted!

scadeus

Traveler
Hey pooka,
the screenshots in the first post may be regarded as "concept art". :p Of course everything that has been done alwas needs some kind of cosmetic overhaul.

Concerning the monsters I'd try to keep is as "realistic" as possible or at least to use monsters that fit the setting. Und the number of those is not too big. :(

LCOA

Sorceror
I'm a bit more of a realistic designer. I like to assume that there are natural local resources that would be applied to buildings vs odd walls for the area.

There would be a few deco changes I would make.

But that's off topic. I really like the idea of a "Pirate" version of Ultima Online. It's changing the gameplay and the typical 17 yr old gameplay and making something different.

Bad Karma

Squire
A real kraken, not just a big lobster.

Ship fights. If someone's ship sinks - the crew ends up in the water and unless swimming is possible they are basically stuck. All the stuff from the sunken ship can later be fished up in the spot.

Fishing overhaul. More loot, loads of fish types. Food actually has effect, not just pixels. Hunger and thirst effects etc.

Muskets?

HS smooth boat movement.

Lastly, some realistic reason behind piracy. Island control vs Imperial mainland. Such as the buccaneer's have to hide at specific island to avoid justice from the crown etc.

Valorian

Wanderer
Arrrrrrr,

ya landlubbers....

A pirat setting sound pretty cool. I would expect a lot of new graphics, also for pretty damn cool ships, several islands, not just carribean, but also nordic...
Plus some forts which you can invade, pirate nests, cool gumps, no extra races, fancy high sea fantasy creatures (summon the kraken !!!)

___ .-' `'. / \ | ; | | ___.--, _.._ |0) ~ (0) | _.---'`__.-( (_. __.--'`_.. '.__.\ '--. \_.-' ,.--'` `""` ( ,.--'` ',__ /./; ;, '.__.'` __ _`) ) .---.__.' / | |\ \__..--"" """--.,_ `---' .'.''-._.-'`_./ /\ '. \ _.-~~~````~~~-._`-.__.' | | .' _.-' | | \ \ '. `~---` \ \/ .' \ \ '. '-._) \/ / \ \ `=.__`~-. jgs / /\ `) ) / / `"".`\ , _.-'.'\ \ / / ( ( / / `--~` ) ) .-'.' '.'. | ( (/` ( (` ) ) '-; ` '-; (-'
Yeah and of course sea monsters, treasure maps, treasures, hunting stories, Island of the dead, WAVES (animated waves) Welcome to the high seas ;D This I was missing a long time...

Fog, what about animated fog where you can hide?
Underwater reefs, jellyfish swarms, new fish animations, possible destruction on ships (destroy the mast, holes in the ships wall, Water in the bilge).

I think for a damn cool setting you can refer to movies like Master& Commander, Pirates of the Caribbean, ...
As an idea for a pretty cool treasure: Ever heard of the treasure from oak island? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Island

Yeah me mate, this be what i would expect!

I wish you good luck with your project and of course, if you are in urgent need of help with graphics stuff, be free to ask :)

scadeus

Traveler
Hello everyone,
thanks for your replies and my apologies for not responding earlier, had a ton of work to do for college, but now I'm back again. In the last Weeks, I started building Port Royal and working on a concept. I may post some screenshots later.

About your offer, Valorian: Feel free to pm me and introduce yourself, any help is appreciated. Are you by chance active in the UOWorld forum under the same nick? :)

regards,
scadeus

Valorian

Wanderer
I am :)

I have my own project and litttle time left, but I can give you some help with the graphics (But no new ships! To much work^^).

Greetings

scadeus

Traveler
Good Evening y'all!
Due to the positive response to my idea I have set up a simple forum unter the project's working title: Tales of Rum and Plunder!. There is not much to see (yet), still feel invited to join and discuss ideas and concepts or just idle around and talk. Over the next days I will upload a few screenshots of my latest progress and document my work on TORP in general.

http://talesofrumandplunder.freeforums.org/index.php

regards,
scadeus