RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpha Command Toolbar

Joeku

Lord
Alpha Command Toolbar

Alpha Command Toolbar v1.2
Created by Joeku AKA Demortris
Code:
/**************************************
*Script Name: Alpha Command Toolbar   *
*Author: Joeku AKA Demortris          *
*For use with RunUO 2.0               *
*Client Tested with: 5.0.2b           *
*Version: 1.2                         *
*Initial Release: 03/30/06            *
*Revision Date: 06/17/06              *
**************************************/
Changelog
v1.0 > v1.1 Post #17: toolbar now auto-displays for staff OnLogin. Added a "(?)" button to make editing faster (no more [ToolbarEdit command). Now resends the toolbar after editing it. Changed background colors. Special thanks to X-SirSly-X for the v1.1 update (you did a great job! I love the new ideas!)
v1.1 > v1.2 Post #20: toolbar updated for RunUO 2.0 (thanks for the update, archiep).

Description
Dynamic, customizable command toolbar, that utilizes account tags to store customizable information.

Features
-Each command is customizable, and you can turn the Hide bar on or off.
-Seven available spaces for commands.
-Easy-to-use Edit menu where you can customize your options.
-Toolbar automatically pops up for staff members OnLogin.
-One simple command, [Toolbar.
-Simple gump that makes the most of the space that it uses.
-Cropped text so your commands don't overlap.
-More later.

Installation
Drop the file "Toolbar.cs" into your custom scripts directory. Restart the shard. If you are a staff member, the toolbar should automatically appear when you log in. Press the "(?)" button to customize the toolbar.

Future Plans
  • Built-in toolbar insta-ethereal; customizable. One can choose different preset Mount ID's (ID's of normal ethereals, just to make things easy), or input his/her own Mount ID.
  • Built-in toolbar container. Size will be customizable. Items can be used just from it just as if they were in the player's backpack, and it will be able to hold infinite items.
  • Built-in ultimate hider. All effects will be customizable, and numerous preset effects will be included.
  • Size customization. One will be able to choose how many columns and rows of commands he/she wants for his/her toolbar.
  • Easy-access edit menu (as before). Everything will be easily accessible and easy to edit from a concise menu that includes a little "tutorial" and other help sections.
  • Built-in staff stone (if I can obtain Greystar's permission). All credit will go to him, but it will just be easier to access as a gump.
  • Skin customization.
  • More!
Thank you for using this script, I hope you enjoy it! You can e-mail suggestions/requests to [email protected] or you can post them here.

Attachments

• Preview1.bmp
    159.1 KB · Views: 967
  • Preview2.bmp
    1 MB · Views: 641
  • CommandToolbar.cs
    17.5 KB · Views: 417

Joeku

Lord
My "incriminating" post was deleted.

I was banned by a moderator whom I suspect just has it out for me. The allegations in the ban message were false, but there's nothing that I can really do to prove that. None of the other mods would want to butt heads with the person who banned me, and the admins could care less about one of 50,000 people in this community being harassed (I e-mailed them and didn't even get a response...) In short: I didn't do anything wrong, but I have to sit and take it.

I'm just going to leave it at that.

I'm glad to know that some of you care about me though :eek:

Any comments/suggestions for the Toolbar?

nickomash

Wanderer
Joeku I think TBv1.0 is great! Other than cleaning the gumps up and making it more graphically pleasing there is not much more to do. Its a solid script IMO and has potential to be much larger like the toolbars in WoW for example, but a mod like this should be bare minimum necessary commands and you have summed that up nicely.

Sorry to hear about your feud, I am a long time reader and know you to be a stand up Mod. :|

Joeku

Lord
I'm glad to hear that you like the toolbar!

A modification is on its way. I am hoping to eventually have a self-formatting toolbar that can fit as many commands (multiples of 10) as one wants. We'll see :rolleyes:

Something to look forward to: a built-in mount, with numerous preset MountIDs and capabilities for having a custom (non-standard) MountID.
I'm also working on getting the Ultimate Hider built into this, as well as some other things :)

Sunshine

Wanderer
Joeku said:

I was banned by a moderator whom I suspect just has it out for me. The allegations in the ban message were false, but there's nothing that I can really do to prove that. None of the other mods would want to butt heads with the person who banned me, and the admins could care less about one of 50,000 people in this community being harassed (I e-mailed them and didn't even get a response...) In short: I didn't do anything wrong, but I have to sit and take it.

Welcome back ..I am sorta way out of the loop. But I was confused and alarmed when I saw banned under your name. It is not my site nor my call but I am sure there are MANY out there that daily break the rules and run people off..You are not one of them..I thank you for all you give to us ( the unknowledgeable ) and and

Welcome back

daat99

Staff member
Joeku said:

First I like to say welcome back, I missed ya :)

Second and a bit more to the point, I like you too much to ban you myself but I do think that you were banned for a good reason (based on the message you got in the ban and what I know beside that).
Personaly I hope you won't keep doing what you did that got you banned and that you'll stick around a bit.

Anyway if you want to continue this discussion you have my contact info so feel free to use it :)

penndragon

Sorceror
Thanks and welcome back.......

First of all thanks for this script. It is a great way to get away from the command balls and other such. Very nice layout too.
Second, glad to see you back. :)

Joeku

Lord
Thanks for the kind words, everyone :)

A new Toolbar is on its way out of Joeku's Factory! :D It'll have more features and better utilize its space. It will also have a special Mount feature, which I'm looking forward to. If anyone has suggestions for the next release, now's the time to tell me!

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
Updated :)

Joeku, I hope you dont mind, if so, just let me know, and I'll remove this.

Here is what I've done:

-Auto displays for staff on staff login.
-Added a ? button to make doing edits faster, so no more extra [toolbaredit command.
-Made it resend the toolbar after editing it.
-Changed the background colors :)

Sly

Attachments

• Toolbar.cs
    15.2 KB · Views: 52

Iomega0318

Sorceror
X-SirSly-X said:

Here is what I've done:

-Added a ? button to make doing edits faster, so no more extra [toolbaredit command.

Sly
Awesome thanx for the update

Joeku

Lord
X-SirSly-X said:

Here is what I've done:

Sly
v1.0 > v1.1
Alpha Command toolbar v1.1 now posted, please replace the following: "Toolbar.cs" with the updated version.
Info: toolbar now auto-displays for staff OnLogin. Added a "(?)" button to make editing faster (no more [ToolbarEdit command). Now resends the toolbar after editing it. Changed background colors. Special thanks to X-SirSly-X for the v1.1 update (you did a great job! I love the new ideas!)

Notes: a new update is on its way! Here are the new features that will be added:
  • Built-in toolbar insta-ethereal; customizable. One can choose different preset Mount ID's (ID's of normal ethereals, just to make things easy), or input his/her own Mount ID.
  • Built-in toolbar container. Size will be customizable. Items can be used just from it just as if they were in the player's backpack, and it will be able to hold infinite items.
  • Built-in ultimate hider. All effects will be customizable, and numerous preset effects will be included.
  • Size customization. One will be able to choose how many columns and rows of commands he/she wants for his/her toolbar.
  • Easy-access edit menu (as before). Everything will be easily accessible and easy to edit from a concise menu that includes a little "tutorial" and other help sections.
  • Built-in staff stone (if I can obtain Greystar's permission). All credit will go to him, but it will just be easier to access as a gump.
  • Skin customization.
  • More!
As of yet, I have no ETA on the completion of this.

@X-SirSly-X: I hope you have no qualms of me adding your customizations as an official update. It was definitely update-worthy :D If you want to keep it seperate, just say the word.

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
Good, I'm glad you like it, but first off thanks for making this great script. I hope you can use what parts I've added to help make this even better :)

Joeku

Lord
The new version is going to (as mentioned above) have different skins to choose from. I'm glad that you added the other parts, those hadn't even crossed my mind. If you want, you can help me develop the future versions. I'm not very creative :( If you want to do so, contact me in private using an IM or a PM (not tonight, I'm about to hit the sack).

On a side note, I think I've decided to release these new updates in sections... doing them all at once will keep you all waiting too long :)

First things to work on:
1. New Edit Menu (75% complete already)
2. New Skins
3. Adjustable Column/Row #'s
4. Toolbar-Ethy (possibly)

I already have a new layout for the toolbar, it's compact and it's not as ugly as sin :D

archiep

Wanderer
Allright Joeku I got it to work with 2.0 heres the file. And thanks your right it does look better than the old one I was using.

Attachments

• CommandToolbar.cs
    17.5 KB · Views: 57