RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpha Command Toolbar

Rothhear

Sorceror
wow

jokeu i got bored od this thing im glad to see someone is keeping up on it were i left off and were i left of wasnt mutch :/ so ya good job i like it alot keep it up :)

otimpyre

Sorceror
New version?

Will you be putting the mobile/static mover part back in? I love that thing. Makes those difficult static builds a breeze.

LadyRhia

Wanderer
otimpyre said:
Will you be putting the mobile/static mover part back in? I love that thing. Makes those difficult static builds a breeze.
I have to agree with this quote I have built some nice houses using this tool in 1.0 hope you get it with the mover for 2.0 as well.

never play Leapfrog With a Unicorn
LadyRhia -AKA- Misty Dain [owner Unicorn Heaven]

Novafire

Wanderer
transparent gump

JoeKu,

Thanks for replying my pm. Anyway since you're asking for new ideas, I'm thinking maybe you could make the gump transparent-able with a slider bar to make it from solid to semi-transparent to transparent. I've seen this with the new knives chat, it looks really good.

Killamus

Knight
Heres an idea:

I'm a world builder, so I tend to use the alt+q alot. But when another staffer comes in and we start chatting, it takes me forever to find the command (If it hasn't been deleted). So, how about a "Recent Command" list? It won't accept commands that are 4 letters or shorter (Or something), and it also won't use basic commands (Such as [m tele, [tele, basic [add, [wipe, etc). It'd be nice, I could scroll up for the commands that I needed. [area set hue 1 where item hue == 1175 itemid == 1313 is a pain to type 5 times when I need it.

????

ok, lost a little... i like the concept of the changable hides with the advanced toolbar (assuming thats what the commented parts of the script marked "adv" mean) but umm...... can you activate said advanced menu? or is it incomplete, as I am just learning gumps and have only written things that do nifty stuff but are a mile long, i am not sure if those parts are entirely there.... tried un commenting a few, then all, everytime i get LOADS of errors........ love the toolbar though... but where is this fabled ? button..... it does make building easier to be able to set those longer commands to a button :) hope i'm not being a hassle....

Joeku

Lord
Love the new ideas guys, I'll add them. They're all fabulous.
I decided to trash my current work and just re-write it, so the new update will take a little longer... but it'll be a lot better ;)

@AnomalyVincentStarbuck: The advanced features are incomplete.
The "(?)" button should be in the top right-hand corner.

NiteStar

Wanderer
I shall try this out, I am sure it will be a great help and as was said before it will help remove so many command balls and other things that pile up.

Thanks!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

... not trying to be a pest... just curious...

:( did i do something wrong somehow.. this is the RunUO 2.0 version (as i am running 2.0 :p ) i wanted to show ya so ya didnt think i was nuts, i reverted to the original i downloaded (being that i tried to activate the advance features like a wierdo :p ) and i still dont see the ? button.... not that its a big deal typing in the edit command, cause i still use the program more than pandoras at most times, but i just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem, or if i was somehow insane....

Attachments

• toolbar.JPG
    toolbar.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 53
no no no, it's fine, i just wanted to make sure i hadnt gotten something mixed up!! i already have a macro set ofr it anyways.. no biggie.. just curious.. i started scripting an item picker mixed solely on the fact that Arya :( isnt around anymore to update pandoras (and i'm WAY to new to even attempt that sort of thing) for the elven stuff and that you had made a perfect everything else tool, so i figured i would make it easier to find the items in game..... i made my shard public back in april and have been using your script since then because it made life so much easier with players on and less time to keep macroing every little thing for building..

Joeku

Lord
AnomolyVincentStarbuck said:
no no no, it's fine, i just wanted to make sure i hadnt gotten something mixed up!! i already have a macro set ofr it anyways.. no biggie.. just curious.. i started scripting an item picker mixed solely on the fact that Arya :( isnt around anymore to update pandoras (and i'm WAY to new to even attempt that sort of thing) for the elven stuff and that you had made a perfect everything else tool, so i figured i would make it easier to find the items in game..... i made my shard public back in april and have been using your script since then because it made life so much easier with players on and less time to keep macroing every little thing for building..
If you ever finish that Item Picker, I'll add it to my toolbar as an advanced feature if you want (with all credits to you, of course).

whoa.... kewl... lemme fix it... right now its... umm.... big.... i'm actually on here sorta pestering A_Li_N and Kamuflaro.. because i manually wrote in all but i think 30 of the wall values into command calls for my gump because i am having trouble getting the whol private static string[] 1 2 3 and so on.. Kamuflaro explained it, but i'm resolving placements and limitations now.. long road.. plus i just started on gumps yesterday.. i posted my first serious script :D nothing too fancy, but i tried to look at your script for the variables thing, but the text from mobile calls got me kinda dizzy.... but i wish i could do it.. i feel like i'm bugging everyone... i just cant seem to find anything on gumps other than the info you guys have given after i asked about it, and the basic tutorial A_Li_N wrote (which actually helped me understand the structure alot better than i did!)

Joeku

Lord
My script was poorly written a long time ago and modified to the best of my abilities.
It needs a complete re-write :(

Joeku said:
My script was poorly written a long time ago and modified to the best of my abilities.
It needs a complete re-write :(

awwww... i like it... but i'm just not good at circumnavigating the call from the text entries to place into the buttons fnctions... hmm.. that sounded stupid.. let me say it this way.. i wish i knew how to ask a player "what do you want this button to do for you today?" and the button would conform happily and remember said request for further service....

Joeku

Lord
I used a single account tag and the string.Split( string ) function.
Catch me on an instant messenger and I'll explain it to you ;)

I will definately do that.. I put in something someone suggested, and got it to where it would compile, then the gump crashed the server... then i fixed that, but now the gump only closes without doing anything...