RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amount

Amount

Hello!
I've recently thought of an awesome idea, if you didn't notice every items in-game amount cannot exceed 64k, which is considered lame by almost every person in a live shard because if a player wants to buy a house he needs like 10 checks, now i don't really know what to do here... I can modify the scripts and change int to ulong for example, but wouldn't this make the server lag? Maybe i can somehow store its amount in 2 int variables (which would make it 128k)?

b0b01

Sorceror
The cap is client sided i beleive else you can just edit it in the scripts, don't know how thou without looking into it. Anyway since there are checks i don't think many people need this.

mordero

Knight
Yeah Im pretty sure some else one mentioned the gold pile limit was client side, not server side (I dont remember where i saw it though).

b0b01

Sorceror
because the client allows it, the check is just a string shown by the client, its not an amount. item amounts are handled by the client with the slider bar etc and can't exceed 60k.