RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone gotten Razor to work with Linux->Wine 0.9.59->w/ .NET2.0?

Anyone gotten Razor to work with Linux->Wine 0.9.59->w/ .NET2.0?

.NET 2.0 installs on the latest wine, 0.9.59 -- so I tried installing UO again along with Razor.

At first it looks like everything is going to work, then when Razor goes to load the UO client it quits with:

"Razor was unable to initialize. Error code:NO_TID
Description: Could not find the Client's ThreadID"

Note -- the client.exe never gets a chance to load, the error happens too fast.

Any ideas? Has anyone gotten Razor to work on Wine/Linux?

Thanks!

Leffe

Wanderer
Ah, didn't think to try it with 2.0, I only tried with 1.1 D:

Yes, I can get it working sometimes, but there's a race condition somewhere, which means it doesn't work every time.

To increase your chances, first get a clean .wine, install dotnet20 with the latest version of winetricks, then copy UO over from your old .wine and install Razor.

Now... sometimes it will crash with that error, and sometimes it will not. I seem to have greater luck with WINEDEBUG=trace+file, I suppose it slows things down a little, but I have also gotten it running with WINEDEBUG=-all...

Oh well, I suppose things can only get better from now.

Leffe

Wanderer
No luck with 1.1, it fails earlier due to unknown reasons (possibly something with mscorrc) giving an error about being unable to load some resource.

I've tried with 2.0 some more, and I have identified three possible paths when running (sorted by frequency):

1. Crash due to stack overflow (caught by the guard page).
2. Successful launch.
3. Crash in LocalAlloc16.
4. Crash somewhere else (I don't seem to be getting these any more, though).

It's probably a good idea to do a wineserver -k between runs, in order to increase the chances of getting #2.

As for some black magic that might work, I seem to have more luck if I manage to click or hover over the application tray icon that appears... but that's probably wrong as it crashes the moment it appears, it only runs if it doesn't crash right away.

For me it works if i start the Updater.exe instead of the Razor.exe.
The Updater.exe later launches the Razor.exe, which successfully starts and detects the client everytime i tried.
The only Problem i have is, that the client gets stuck saying "Verifying Account".

absnt

Wanderer
Razor and UO work perfect with latest wine (6-9-08) and .NET 2.0 installed through winetricks, also will want to install allfonts and fontsfix..

Only annoying thing is that UOAM doesn't work and the UO Positioning System keeps trying to get Always On Top and isn't movable because of it..

Im on Ubuntu Hardy btw

shtoink

Sorceror
Using Hardy Heron I installed dotnet2, the c++ and c# libraries, Also the font fix and all fonts using winetricks.... this is on the newest version of wine from the repositories.

Wine HQ - Wine for Debian based distributions <--- for ubuntu hardy works 100%.
winetricks - The Official Wine Wiki <--- perfect for stubborn windows apps.

Razor then installed perfectly. It runs UO and everything great. It even seems to use less cpu than running the no_crypt_client alone did. And its great fun to have one client running on each of the four cube sides, :p

I did have to mess around with the wine window manager settings some so that the uo positioning system wouldnt flicker and would behave properly.

mycenaen

Wanderer
Uoam

hey if your UOAM is crashing after you join your UOAM server, it may be due to your guidmates having all kinds of funky fonts that will cause your wine uoam.exe to crash.

installing the allfonts and fontfix packages from winetricks solved the problem for me and i can use Razor, UOAM and easyuo now! which basically completes my UO package.. ahaha! UO on ubuntu!

For me UOAM won't even install. And Razor on Linux makes my UO-Client lag a bit.
For the UOAM-Problem i started writing my own UOAM, which works pretty good now on Windows and Linux(nearly native).

robodoc

Wanderer
getting uo-automap to work with wine was no problem for me. after typing "wine uoam.exe /?" it showed a window with some commandline options. so when you start automap with the "-q" switch it doesn't check for updates and goes directly to the main window where you get full functionality as usual. ;)

I finally got razor and UO running on hardy heron but it seems like my hotkeys arn't working! It seems only those with ctrl | alt | shift combos like alt+q doesn't seem to be working. Those bound to function keys like F2 works fine..

Anyone else have this problem and might have found the solution?

Blacula

Knight
Yeah buddy I have that same problem, so I'm just setting up wierd hotkeys all over my keyboard and toggling enable/disable a lot. (It's gotten me guardwhacked a few times.)

Btw, you can open "wine regedit.exe", and change the "lastserver" key in HKEY_LOCALMACHINE to wherever you'd like to play to make the server field editable. (took me an hour to figure that one out) :)

Specs: Wine 1.1.2
dotnet20 allfonts fontfix (via winetricks)
Fluxbuntu Gutsy

greywolf79

Sorceror
Just curious if anyone had any solutions for this... I am running Ubuntu 8.04 (been updated though, so probably the same as 8.10). I have the latest wine and mono versions. I am setting it up to run my uo shard, but I wanted it to be able to run my uo client as well. Though I have installed linux a bunch and learned the basics, I do not know much and am looking to learn to do more (and this is perfect for me since it will also let me play uo and run a shard which I love doing).

GreyWolf.

fafner

Wanderer
I just found the source of the problems with stack overflow. They are in profile xml file on these lines:

<Scavenger enabled="False" />
<Sell enabled="False" />

If I save the default.xml file without these lines, Razor launches without any problems. They are both in Agents part. There are also some similar lines, like
<Friends enabled="False" />
but there are no problems with them. Does someone have some solution for this problem? :)

EDIT: Using Wine 1.0

we_R_DNA

Wanderer
shtoink;762031 said:
Using Hardy Heron I installed dotnet2, the c++ and c# libraries, Also the font fix and all fonts using winetricks.... this is on the newest version of wine from the repositories.

Wine HQ - Wine for Debian based distributions <--- for ubuntu hardy works 100%.
winetricks - The Official Wine Wiki <--- perfect for stubborn windows apps.

Razor then installed perfectly. It runs UO and everything great. It even seems to use less cpu than running the no_crypt_client alone did. And its great fun to have one client running on each of the four cube sides, :p

I did have to mess around with the wine window manager settings some so that the uo positioning system wouldnt flicker and would behave properly.

Do you have a list of commands you used; that would be nice to have; plus I do not understand how to install stuff with winetricks yet; how did you do it?

Figured it out

sh winetricks dotnet20
sh winetricks fontfix

Those commands download everything and it seems to be working nice and you can get winetricks from winehq

honeyspider

Wanderer
Hello.

I installed wine 1.1.5 on ubuntu 8.04 (got it .deb from WineHQ .deb packages archive), and used winetricks to install .net 2.0, then installed razor. it worked fine, but i had the same hotkeys problems as StockOfWood and Blacula, alt/shift/ctrl doesn't seems to work.

I was wondering if it is Compiz' fault. Wine guys recommend "Don't use Compiz or KDE composite with Wine".

Were you using Compiz, too?

honeyspider

Wanderer
OK, I just tested with compiz turned off and its the same.
I didn't have time to restart X yet, but I don't think this is the problem anyway.
It seems to be in the communication between razor and the UO client, because UO can recognize ctrt/alt/shift combinations alright (pressing ctrl+b just made my char bow down), while razor ignores the combination, e.g. alt+f10 was useskill medit and f10 was useskill spirit speak, both setup on razor, and if I press alt+f10 it uses spirit speak.

EDIT: looks like somebody's already ahead of us... http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5623
Since it affects Ventrilo too, it might be fixed soon

mthoodrue

Wanderer
Finally!!

I finally got it working by using "Updater.exe"

Like a top!

OS - Open SUSE 11.1 (Run file servers)
Wine - thru Bash command (when in subfolder as root) - "wine Updater.exe"

Smooth baby!!