RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone having problems with the old clients patching?

HellRazor

Knight
Don't know if this helps, but I recently installed from a 9th anniversary CD and it patched up with no troubles.

pooka01

Sorceror
I always used the Age Of Shadows CD and it always worked, but i haven't reinstalled it yet...
Did you modify a file then patched over the file? That happened to me when i had a custom font or map.

pooka01

Sorceror
They are probably doing what i really hate from a companie, shutting down earlier versions to "promote" new ones... That would not surprise me at all.

Alyssa Dark

Sorceror
another possibility, if have more than one uo folder on computer, maybe the patching only works on the initial one due to registry entries from first actual install? or if have custom files replacing the originals... prob need the originals back in...

i don't know for sure but just a couple other ideas...

good luck :)

Praxiiz

Sorceror
This was a clean install on two different machines, same errors. Patch servers aren't returning pings either.

HellRazor

Knight
Patch server is returning pings to me. Are you sure the problem isn't on your side? Maybe your firewall is blocking it?

login.ultimaonline.com

svnstrms

Sorceror
I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. I thought for sure EA had killed old client support. Now I can get back to work on my server. Hurray!!

koluch

Sorceror
If you are having problems, open the "vercfg.cfg" in the UO directory, and change the old server "compassion.owo.com" to the new one "patch.uo.eamythic.com"
Thanks a TON!
Was trying to have my one game patched to just before the mul files changed.

:)

N00BKill3r

Wanderer
Hey everyone I've been playing UO for years now but always on lower grade computer systems. I just bought a HP Pavillion DV7 Laptop PC that's running Windows 7 and i am running into roadblock after roadblock trying to get it going to where i can play UO again. As of right now Mondains' Legacy is installed but I'm having an issue with patching.
This is the message it's giving.

"Could not connect to patch server 65.216.123.59:8888
Could not connect to a patch server
Make sure you have an active connection to the Internet via an ISP or a direct connection.
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort."

I just downloaded the Ultima Online Classic Patching Program and its downloading the patches but what happens then? Is there a certaing file I should be downloading the patches to? Someone please help!

pooka01

Sorceror
>> Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues. <<

Not very sure if this is the best solution.

Or@
If you are having problems, open the "vercfg.cfg" in the UO directory, and change the old server "compassion.owo.com" to the new one "patch.uo.eamythic.com"

like it is suggested above.

N00BKill3r

Wanderer
I'm sorry but when i try to open "vercfg.cfg" it asks to go online and find a program that can open it. I allow it to but it doesnt find anything. Is there a special program I need to edit it?

pooka01

Sorceror
Cfg is fairly easy to open. All you need to do is to open it as notepad.
I will tell you how:

1) Double click the cfg file.
2) Click on the second button, the one to open with an already installed program.
3) Click ok.
4) Select notepad in the list. If it is not there, (do browse in the source files of the computer and search for notepad.exe then select it.)
5) uncheck the button saying to always open this type of file with the selected program.
6) click ok.
7) make the changes then hit save.

That should work.

april0395

Sorceror
I hate to be a whiner, but I did the fix stated above and it patched from 7.0.19 to 7.0.20, and then the patcher stopped with an error. I closed it, opened it again, and received the same error.

Will downloading from the website fix this? I'm not sure, I've always used my UO disc and then patched up.

Can anyone provide insight?

*EDIT* I just saw that I'm not supposed to use this forum for support, woopsie! My apologies.

svnstrms

Sorceror
hey april I'm not at home atm or else I would try to help you work this out via skype .. normally when I've had this issue I had to reinstall the game. I know that you said in another post that you were lazy and didn't feel like patching your laptop :p but that has always taken care of the problem for me :) hope this helps

Eteri

Traveler
I'm not sure for the life of me why I can't patch my client up from ML. I'm sitting at 4.0.0 from a fresh install for ML, I config'd the vercfg.cfg for the new patching server and it still tells me that it can't read the file vercfg.cfg.

Here's what the UoPatcher is saying:
Could not read version config file: vercfg.cfg
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

Here's what my vercfg.cfg looks like:
Code:
patch\
patch.uo.eamythic.com
40% 80%

If anyone knows the answer to this mystery of mine please feel free to fill me in. :)