RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Area pickup

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
I have the Xanthos added to the server yet my players have no method of area loot. Doesn't Xanthos have a area command for looting? Like claim, cleanup, grab, loot... nothing is working Orrr is the loot method i am looking for a part of another script all together? Atm its taking everyone forever to pick up all the individual stacks of gold at champ spawns. This pertains to any looting as well as champs, sorry about the confusion. As of now the only way we have to loot is for the player to open the corpse and pick up items/gold, which some claim takes forever. Suggestions and/or ideas very much appreciated and thank you .

Dian

Sorceror
A lot of people use EasyUO for that kind of stuff. Its just dependent on if you want your players using that type of program on your shard or not. Some shards dont allow it. But there are plenty looting scripts for it.
I know there was looting scripts submitted on here before, just a matter of finding them.

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Well i found the [claim.cs in Xanthos but when i tried to place it in , i get errors which sad to say, at this time i do not understand C# well enough to fix it. Soooo looks like no [claim for us , at least for awhile =( I did get the errors to a minium. The first error caused by the BaseRunicTool.cs , the Xanthos wouldnt work, caused several errors, so i put distro's back in and that error went away. Now the last and only error comes from the Claim.cs . Is telling me there is a arguement with CheckLoot, i looked at it for obvious errors but this is definately a script thing a tad beyond ....for now lol.....on the up note , at least the rest of the [claim script works without conflicts, just cant use the [claim itself until i fix this......so close , yet so far lol

Dian

Sorceror
Post the claim script here, I have a little time today and may be able to take a look.

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
sure thing, here it is , hope you have better luck with it than i'm having lol, also a screen shot of the conflict, if it helps any, i'm working on it now too but i got to go to bed at 5pm, i get up at midnight and work til 9, so if i am no around, i'll be on on morrow morning, eastern time =)

Attachments

• Claim.cs
    12.4 KB · Views: 2
  • conflicts.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 4

Dian

Sorceror
whoops, I didnt get around to looking at the script yet. Let me know if what Milva posted does not help you. The whether today has me home awhile, so I could take a look later between my other work.

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Post 29 made no mention of a "checkloot" arguement that i seen , so no fix at this point =( And thanks Dian but i dont expect you to go out of your way, just posting because i figured someone might of had this issue and knew the answer. =)

Dian

Sorceror
I can not test this out without the full package, or more importantly the Utilities file. Can you post the link to Xanthos package?

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Sure thing...........this is the package i have, let me know if you need more, the EVO is a addition is is not part of the original script, so discard that part =)

Attachments

• Xanthos.rar
    133.5 KB · Views: 1

milva

Sorceror
copied from post 29- this was not your error for checkloot?
Okay, when I restarted my server after placing the script in my scripts folder, I got this error:

Code (text):

Errors:
+ Custom Scripts/Xanthos/Claim System/Claim.cs:
CS1501: Line 249: No overload for method 'CheckLoot' takes '1' argument

Any ideas?

Change
Code (text):
result = corpse.CheckLoot( from ) && !( corpse.IsCriminalAction( from ) );
To this:
Code (text):
result = corpse.CheckLoot( from, null ) && !( corpse.IsCriminalAction( from ) );
Should work I believe (from what I got out of another thread)

Dian

Sorceror
Well, the package is too involving for me to check out quickly, but looking at your error and what Milva posted, it seems she is correct and that should work.
Not sure what to say about your error for BaseRunicTool though.

Im out of time right now, but if you still have trouble later let me know, I will have some more time later this afternoon.

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Well holy cow, it worked , which makes noooooooooo sense to me because as i read the new code, it implied a criminal action was occurring , leading me to think they
were being killed or jailed when they used [claim or [grab but ...........well wow, thanks Milva and Dian , everyone was nuts to day as soon as i put it in LOL, thanks so very much

Dian

Sorceror
Cool, glad you got it. I just have not had time to mess with scripts like i thought I might.

The criminal part though, it could invoke a criminal action if on the felucca facet, so let them beware at least.