RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arty Generator

Zotos

Sorceror
Arty Generator

Small program I made. it will create code from a GUI. all you have to do is fill in the blanks.

Located on my site for better support

Site

Pyro-Tech

Knight
program looks nice.....would be nice to see something like this for npc's/monsters too......and armor (didn't notice if this did armor or not)

however, i couldn't use this very effectively in 800x600.....it ran off the screen with no resize available.....might want to fix this.....dunno how hard that is, but it is a suggestion to be able to run it better/easier on lower res.

but program looks good

Zotos

Sorceror
Next on the list is bows(forgot them) then armor. last will be mobiles.

Ill look into the resolution issues. I thought about it like 2 minutes after ziping it. this is also the first release. and looking for bugs and input for better releases in the future.

JesseTCG

Sorceror
Why!

Zotos said:
Small program I made. it will create code from a GUI. all you have to do is fill in the blanks.

Located on my site for better support

Site

It sounds, and looks good, but why would you take the fun from ppl that work hard, and script these items, this just gives any little kid the ability to ruin a good shard ith crap!

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
JesseTCG said:
It sounds, and looks good, but why would you take the fun from ppl that work hard, and script these items, this just gives any little kid the ability to ruin a good shard ith crap!

A good shard owner won't let item's in the game that will or could unbalnce the game, and if they do. Well most likely the shard won't be around for awhile. But I'm sure we will see alot of 133t scripters using this and saying this is their first arty pack or whatever in the submission area, which the pack will suck and be way over balanced much like all the other first time arty packs that get released....

X-SirSly-X

JesseTCG

Sorceror
Oh, how so true..

Yu and I both know that will happen, but as i said good program, i had some issues with findin where it installed to, but resolved...

Busta

Wanderer
Nice! This will definitly save time, now just wish there was a good gump creator out there to save me from tedious work!

georox

Wanderer
I would like to say, this is a great thing. Thanks for making it, if you dont mind im going to put it in my FTP so people I know can find it, I think its a great tool, and other than armor and mobiles, jewelry =P Personaly I feel this is a great thing as you can see it all coming out. Very nice, good for people who cant script.

Tyran

Wanderer
Zotos said:
Next on the list is bows(forgot them) then armor. last will be mobiles.

Ill look into the resolution issues. I thought about it like 2 minutes after ziping it. this is also the first release. and looking for bugs and input for better releases in the future.

Any way you could work on armor arty making script? havent seen to many rare armor artys...... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
You should make a check box near the options to remember the selected options. This way it would be easy to make full set of armor quickly with the props. Maybe even add a spot for a skill bonus.

-Sly

Phantom

Knight
The program is a good tool

But its just that, a tool, you should still learn why the code works.

Otherwise you will be helpless and your shard will always use pre-generated crap.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Phantom said:
The program is a good tool

But its just that, a tool, you should still learn why the code works.

Otherwise you will be helpless and your shard will always use pre-generated crap.

i agree with that......i know enough to be able to do this on my own, but it is good if i wanted something quick for an event or something

and the comments on unbalancing a shard, that is entirely up to a shard admin to keep under control......

like i said.....good program......would be nice to see a full program to do it all, only problem is that we will get morons that will post the stuff as their own......but we get that as it is don't we?? :rolleyes:

good work.....at least you did this on your own.......hopefully at least lol :p:)

Phantom

Knight
Suggestion to the author

Make the output, something everyone can see has being generated by your script.

So if people that didn't go to the effort of posting an original script, we can tell and get the script taken down.

Or people can just read this warning.

DO NOT POST ANY SCRIPTS YOU GENERATE WITH THIS PROGRAM.

We don't want them.

Kamron

Knight
A good way instead of adding a header or comments, is to use specific variable names with specific capitalization, because poeple who post the generated code, most likely won't alter it manually, so it will be easy to spot the variables. If you just add a header, a newbie will know enough to delete them.

Zotos

Sorceror
OK getting alot of heat here. Reason I made this program is because my son cant code for crap. He is always wanting to help out so I made a program that he can use to play with. I figured I would release it here for the fact that some people are not interested in learning how to code but still would like to host a shard. this will help them to make a few special item fast and easy and be on their way.

Now on the generated header what do you think I should add? small not at the top or what? I am not at all trying to be a credit whore so I could really care less about the credit end.

Future releases will include armors, jewelry, mobiles, etc. etc. Please post any ideas on what should be added or kept out of future releases.

Hlal

Wanderer
Just wanna say, Good Job...this tool will help with the tedious arty making which I hate to do...prefer the more complex coding. Also for all you nay sayers, stuff like this is needed for people to learn from, I can see them understand scripting alot better if they can first make what there thinking then go in and see how it was made, isn't it the same as looking at premade scripts in RunUO scripts directory? think about it, this tool will teach those that want to learn. those that don't want to learn, wouldn't have learned anything without this tool either. Also, don't refer to the gen scripts as "crap", I just did one, there nicly spaced, no errors, simple, and they work... I'm not sure about you all but it doesn't look like crap to me. Again, Great job and I look forward to your future generators as they cover all the scripts I hate to do as an experienced scripter.