RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arty Generator

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Zotos said:
OK getting alot of heat here. Reason I made this program is because my son cant code for crap. He is always wanting to help out so I made a program that he can use to play with. I figured I would release it here for the fact that some people are not interested in learning how to code but still would like to host a shard. this will help them to make a few special item fast and easy and be on their way.

Now on the generated header what do you think I should add? small not at the top or what? I am not at all trying to be a credit whore so I could really care less about the credit end.

Future releases will include armors, jewelry, mobiles, etc. etc. Please post any ideas on what should be added or kept out of future releases.

i would say put something up showing it was generated by this.....if not for credit, then just so the mods can keep this stuff down to a minimum....the boards would become flooded

Hlal said:
Just wanna say, Good Job...this tool will help with the tedious arty making which I hate to do...prefer the more complex coding. Also for all you nay sayers, stuff like this is needed for people to learn from, I can see them understand scripting alot better if they can first make what there thinking then go in and see how it was made, isn't it the same at looking at premade scripts in RunUO scripts directory? think about it, this tool will teach those that want to learn. those that don't want to learn, wouldn't have learned anything without this tool either. Also, don't refer to the gen scripts as "crap", I just did one, there nicly spaced, no errors, simple, and they work... I'm not sure about you all but it doesn't look like crap to me. Again, Great job and I look forward to your future generators as they cover all the scripts I hate to do as an experienced scripter.

in a perfect world, this would be correct....but human nature would state that people in general are lazy.....why learn it when someone is doing it for you? if they wanted to do better things, mabey....but if they want a few KOOL itemz....then they really don't have any reason to pursue learning it

and the generated stuff whether from this or a template script is just that....crap.....it takes little to no effort on the part of the "creator" (please note im using that term loosly) to actually create the item/arty...........i have one sword i have done......i did it on my own with some special stuff....it was primarily a cut and paste job so i don't think much of it.....but i at least put it together myself from scratch.....and i never posted it here cause it wasn't worth the space to take up.

The program if used properly is a great thing.......and it is good to know that he had good intentions.......but i know alot of people will use it.....post it on the boards, and say they scripted it themselves.......i think it is great....i intend to use it, but i also allready know enough basic stuff to be able to do this on my own.....and yes, i would like to see future stuff........it would be great to see for example the mobile bit that you can make mobiles that can do conversations and what not for quests......but that can be abused just as easily i'm sure

@Zotos...........reguardless................great work...you made a decent, good looking program..........the only reason your getting "heat" is cause of what can happen as a result.....so it isn't really heat directed at you even......but it is a great thing and i think it would be great to see it continued

Zotos

Sorceror
1.1 released heres the link Arty Gen 1.1

Change log is included. I also made it all zip format instead of using an installer. I have also added a header to generated code.

E

ereinion

In that link i download the ArtyGen1[1].1.zip but when i extract it a file named ArtyGen1[1].1 is extracted what is it exe?rar? how can i use it?

Zotos

Sorceror
files in the zip are as follows

1)ArtifactGenerator.exe
2)ChangeLog.txt
3)Ultima.dll
4)Zotos.ico

these are the files in the zip named ArtyGen1.1.zip which is the file that you should of gotten

Should i have just spent the time to make a installer?

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
no need for an installer. here's what happened...

1. you made a zip file first for the 1.1
2. the zip file extension got changed to .1
3. then you zipped up ArtyGen1[1].1
4. finally ArtyGen1[1].1.zip was created

so all you have to do is rename the .1 file to .zip and it works fine.

Great job on the bows! I still think it should have the option to save the selected options for next time.

-Sly

paladineD

Wanderer
Great program. Helps when you have a mountain of items needed scripting, it does the basics very well. Keep up the good work.

As to the posting of these, its not different then someone using GD13's templates. all i have to say on that.

Cant wait to see the armor section. Do you have any plans to add anything else other than armor and mobiles?

Pyro-Tech

Knight
paladineD said:
As to the posting of these, its not different then someone using GD13's templates. all i have to say on that.

most people don't like the fact that people post template generated stuff either....look at this guy's templates.....i post on there as do a few of the other members.....and he has a couple more threads that he started along with doing templates......sure use as learning tool, but they are still just something that anyone can do.....it just clutters

im all for people using templates and this program to learn off of....i do so myself...but you won't find a posted script by me that i used a template for or this program.....i do use the templates for quick things, and i will prolly use this program....but im not going to waste my time, or anyone elses', posting the stuff made from either

that's my point

EternaL2K

Wanderer
Nice

Very nice idea... I have been working on something similar off and on for the last few months... I cant say that im happy you beat me to the punch but all well, thats life I guess... :) 1 Thing I will offer to you is to recode it to remove the spaces from the name. Your program uses the name for the class name as well so if you use a name with spaces in it, the script wont compile. Just a tip.
Well Done!

Karmageddon

Sorceror
Well I will have to step in and make a point about all this negativety. I want to point out Arya's Addon gen. No one gave any heat about that one. It was all praises on how good a program it is. So how about getting off his back about creating a program to gen items. I personally have not tried this program, and probably won't since I do know the basics of coding in C#.

Zotos

Sorceror
EternaL2K said:
1 Thing I will offer to you is to recode it to remove the spaces from the name. Your program uses the name for the class name as well so if you use a name with spaces in it, the script wont compile. Just a tip.
Well Done!
Yes this was intended to be done but I forgot to include it. got lost in the process but thanks for the bug report. It will be fixed in the next release.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Karmageddon said:
Well I will have to step in and make a point about all this negativety. I want to point out Arya's Addon gen. No one gave any heat about that one. It was all praises on how good a program it is. So how about getting off his back about creating a program to gen items. I personally have not tried this program, and probably won't since I do know the basics of coding in C#.

Arya's addon gen....three things

1)Arya coded the whole thing herself...which he has done

2)Addon's generated from the thing still took time and effort to put together for the first time in game unless of course it was something like a static building allready there..... it wasn't a program that just did it for you

3)you don't see too many addon's generated by that on the boards

i would personally throw Arya's thing into the same pile as this and GD13's templates

either way, im done.....i told him he did a good job, which i think he has....it sucks though that somehting like this will more than likely be abused by morons.....if your not a moron that would do that, then the statement isn't directed at.........and it sucks that this would happen due to it is by no fault the author of the program......it is just people being stupid

i think it is a great thing to help with some of the mundane scripting chores......i also just wish that people would keep the "worthless" things created by this and such template scripts off the boards, as they could easily be done by anyone......if you were to from scratch make your own arty or whatever, then post it and it prolly wouldn't get much flak.........but stuff from this and those templates takes no effort on the part of the "scripter" other than doing some fill in the blank work.......it just gets annoying

zotos, good job.......it isn't your fault that there are idiots in the world.....keep up the work on this....it is a good program

Zotos

Sorceror
So i guess I shouldnt add optional properties that will lean more twards methods such as OnHit() and all others?

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
I say do it! Make this program really rock! you could add in some cool on hit animations/effects & Hue plus the other variables for the effects.

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
I wanted to check in and see how things are coming along with your scripts but your site is down. Is it going back up or down for good?