RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arya's Battle Chess!

AKZell98

Wanderer
Arya's Battle Chess!

Summary
Hey all, know some have been looking for this, finally got it today. Battle Chess shalt live on! This is the 1.0 file, but I have a file to make it playable on 2.0 that I'll post when I get back from work (if the author doesn't post before I'm back). It's a plug and play, so hope you all enjoy it!

Description
This sets up large chess boards where you command the pieces (set as monster/player mobiles). For those that have seen HP, it's basically Wizard Chess. To those that haven't, it's like Life-Size Chess. It comes with a logging system to show who beat who, and how long the game lasted.

Disclaimer
I take no credit for this script, or the ChessRegion. I'm just reposting it as I heard some were looking for it. This was originally done by Arya, and all credit goes to him/her. The ChessRegion was created by Lokai, and credit for that script goes to him.

ATTENTION!
Upon running through a few games on a 2.0 server, some pieces went haywire and took off running. If anyone finds the reason and/or a fix, please post. I'm looking at it but it's late and it all looks the same to me :p

Attachments

• BattleChess[1].1.2.5.zip
    41.3 KB · Views: 280
  • ChessRegion.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 226
hello i ran this and got the following:

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
 + Customs/Battle Chess/ChessRegion.cs:
    CS0506: Line 152: 'Arya.Chess.ChessRegion.Register()': cannot override inher
ited member 'Server.Region.Register()' because it is not marked virtual, abstrac
t, or override
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Lord_Greywolf;662533 said:

Isn't that only the scripts needed to update the Battle Chess? And isn't the old Battle Chess link dead? It was prolly best that someone else released the full updates. Otherwise it is useless.

Thanks, otimpyre. I guess I could have been more clear. You are correct.

I did not want to bother posting the entire system when I only had to modify one file. So, download Arya's Battle Chess, like you said, and take my ChessRegion.cs file, and overwrite the one from Arya's (which works fine for RunUO 1.0), and it should work in RunUO 2.0.

Again, if you have RunUO 1.0, DO NOT USE THIS FILE. It is only an upgrade to make the Chess game work in 2.0.

And here is where the stupid link takes you:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/archive/index.php/36781-nujelm-battle-chess.html?highlight=Battle+Chess

Thanks AKZell98! We've been needing a repost. I am looking forward to seeing the 2.0 update all in one thread. Karma++

AKZell98

Wanderer
@Nevah: The Battle Chess pack alone is a 1.0 script, just added the conversion for 2.0. It will overwrite the ChessRegion.cs in the 1.0 folder, making it work for 2.0.

@GreyWolf: Thanks for the link, added it in. Forgot to mention that it's not an update that I did, merely had it laying around in the hopes I could find the BC script.

@Lucid: Aye it's the only one needed to update to a 2.0, and yes the old post is dead. However, to the right of it, there's a paperclip link, which opens a folder with said attatchments. It's actually thanks to Malaperth, he mentioned the clips before I even knew what they were. http://www.runuo.com/forums/new-join-forum/80725-looking-script.html

AKZell98;662582 said:
@Nevah: The Battle Chess pack alone is a 1.0 script, just added the conversion for 2.0. It will overwrite the ChessRegion.cs in the 1.0 folder, making it work for 2.0.

@GreyWolf: Thanks for the link, added it in. Forgot to mention that it's not an update that I did, merely had it laying around in the hopes I could find the BC script.

@Lucid: Aye it's the only one needed to update to a 2.0, and yes the old post is dead. However, to the right of it, there's a paperclip link, which opens a folder with said attatchments. It's actually thanks to Malaperth, he mentioned the clips before I even knew what they were. http://www.runuo.com/forums/new-join-forum/80725-looking-script.html

Wouldn't it be easier to just re-post the script then to have people go through that? That way people can just d/l load it unzip it and drop it in. Why refer someone to the archives?

Lucid Nagual;662600 said:
Wouldn't it be easier to just re-post the script then to have people go through that? That way people can just d/l load it unzip it and drop it in. Why refer someone to the archives?

Thanks Lucid i was actually kinda thinking the same thing. :p

nadious

Sorceror
Sorry to raise an old thread here, but this is the most recent and current one that I could find that relates to this system. I'm running this on 2.1, but I'm finding the same problem as mentioned in the OP of this thread: The pieces seem to go on a walk-about and never go to where they are supposed to go. Was there a fix for this ever put in place? If so, can someone point me to where it is?

Edit: It appears that the problem is in the height of the board. Once I got the correct height dialed in, it appears to work. This only seems to happen on the actual Chess board in Nujel'm. The boards that are added on their own seem to do just fine.