RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assasination Contract System

Ceph

Sorceror
Assasination Contract System*Updated 7/23-6:45CST*

*Updated*
to use say "i wish to form a contract" it will being up a targeting cursor, target the person your making the contract to will bring up a gump where you input contract name, reqard and days to complete and click ok, it will drop the contract into the targeted players bag, to view the written contract doubleclick it once doubleclicked there is a button that says verify corpse, once you killt he target you use that adn target the corpse, if it is the correct target the button changes to claim reward click that and target the personw ho assigned the contract to you adn the reward will be dropped into your person in the form of a check, if the contract expires before you get all of that done the reward is once again readded to the employers bankbox adn the button ont he contract is invalidated, as also the contract is non transferable, if another player attempts to use the contract the buttons are again invalidated i think theres more to it, i cant remember for sure, try it tell me waht you think, and any sug. to make it better

Updates: July 24
-added an instant payoff version for requests

Updates:
-there is now an accept contract gump
-the claim reward bug is fixed
-if a player is offline when claim reward is clicked and time is less tha 1 day left, it resets the time to 1 day so if player stays offline a few days, the contract wont expire while he is offline, no time change if there is more than 1 day left
-fixed a small spelling error

Attachments

• Assasinationcontract.cs
    20.9 KB · Views: 510
  • Assasinationcontractinstantpayoff.cs
    22.5 KB · Views: 498

will_man

Sorceror
a nice thing to do would be so it automatically knows if your contract has been completed when you kill the player, and you collect your reward instantly instead of having to find the person who issued the contract, the first bit can be done by using EventSink PlayersDeath ( or something like that, look in ReportMurder.cs ).

Other than that, it looks i loaded it up and it looks nice!

Ceph

Sorceror
i had accually thought of doing it like that but i chose to do it this way, as a personal pref.

Ceph

Sorceror
i agree also easier to code all you need to do is remove a bit and put the code for the second button on the firstbut i felt this way was a bit more realistic, kill target, go backt o contract, telll hima nd get your rewardfrom him

Pyro-Tech

Knight
i can see both sides as how to handle it..although, i have a problem with having to find the player who gave the contract.....if you go and kill the person, and they just decide to stay offline for a while, they get what they want....but you get stuck with the murder count, and you don't get the reward, and you have a pissed off player

so it might be better to do it the other way

Or mabey even make a vendor that sells these contracts....i dunno enough as how to do it, but the idea might be where you make the contract, you give it to the vendor, and he sells the contracts to people who want to take them...then you bring the contracts back to that vendor...almost like he was a broker of sorts

either way....good script

goodmojo

Wanderer
yeah i like this idea. very cool. i agree witht he others, i would prefer if players were paid instantly for completing the contract.

flowerbudd

Sorceror
This is not working... after the player kills, and then tries to verify, it says that the contract wasn't made by the person who made it, and if you [props it it says that that person is in fact the contractor but it won't let you finish up

Zidane4056

Wanderer
Problem: Players can flood afk players' packs and cause them to be weighed down when they get back on. Sometimes the newly arriving player won't notice the items in their pack and will drop stuff on the ground as a result.

With a shard with 30 people on usually I think this spells more work for the staff as it is.

Perhaps you should send a gump to the player who is to receive the deed (you might even be able to use the standard secure trade window) and if they accept, the deed is placed in their pack. If they decline or time out, nothing happens.

^Implement something like that or that will prevent flooding and I'd be happy to give it a shot. Sounds pretty cool really. :)

madmunki

Wanderer
Ceph said:
i agree also easier to code all you need to do is remove a bit and put the code for the second button on the firstbut i felt this way was a bit more realistic, kill target, go backt o contract, telll hima nd get your rewardfrom him
The problem with this is you have to FIND the employer, which may not log on anytime soon so you have to wait? Because employers dont stay logged on, when the client loges off, makes this kinda hard. Perhaps a bounty system where you dont have to die to add someones head to the list, lets say:

PC: "I wish to place a bounty"
Server: Who's head do you wish to place the bounty on: (returns target cursor)
PC: Clicks the PC (or NPC)
Server: Amount?
PC: 5000
Server: Do you wish to place a bounty on (PC's Name) head for the sum of 5000?
PC: Yes
Server: A bounty has been placed. (gold subtracted from PCs bank)

Various NPCs around the world will cash out the bounty if the head is brought back and dropped on them.

Ceph

Sorceror
well, i just finished adding the gump becase its a good point, and i was about to set it so if the player is offline when claim reward is clicked timeleft if less than 24 hrs resets the time to 24 hrs so the contract will not expire if the player is offline,
(the reason i dont want to make it instant, is for those devious type players who like to lie, cheat, steal, then hide, then perhapse those players will have an assasination contract issued in their name

but i just realized about the bug, i wasnt aware the mobile serial number changed at login/out im going to figure out a work around i tihnk i know how to go about it using the account parameters, i jsut need to figure out how they work, instead of using just the mobile id,

as for the bounty system i already wrot e adn posted that awile back (i tihnk somone took it in and worked the bugs out or jsut redid it a very similar way) im making them 2 specific systems mainly fort he reason an assasination contract woudl want to be kept private and behind the law, though if i get bored i may set a flag to add a "shady looking guy" npc that can work as an assasin contractor

Ceph

Sorceror
im sorry!, the problem was my bad, i overlooked it because i always used myself for debugging! bugs fixed, new version will follow shortly if you wantt o know the bug was when checking theemployer, it did a check agaisnt the targeter, instead of targetee

Ceph

Sorceror
*Updated*

Updates:
-there is now an accept contract gump
-the claim reward bug is fixed
-if a player is offline when claim reward is clicked and time is less tha 1 day left, it resets the time to 1 day so if player stays offline a few days, the contract wont expire while he is offline, no time change if there is more than 1 day left
-fixed a small spelling error

Kesia

Wanderer
Well, when I put it in, and try to start the server it says my server/items already contains 'AContract' though I can't find anything with that name. Do I take something out, or change something?

zozoz77

Wanderer
i have put scripts in customs\assasination forder

here is the error :

- Error: Scripts\customs\assasinaiton\Assasinationcontractinstantpayoff.cs:CS0101: (line 12, column 15) The name space 'Server.Items' already contains a definiton for 'Acontract'
- Error: Scripts\customs\assasinaiton\Assasinationcontractinstantpayoff.cs:CS0101: (line 715, column 15) The name space 'Server.Items' already contains a definiton for 'ConfirmContractGump'

how can i fix this?

thanx

Ceph

Sorceror
zozoz77 said:
i have put scripts in customs\assasination forder

here is the error :

- Error: Scripts\customs\assasinaiton\Assasinationcontractinstantpayoff.cs:CS0101: (line 12, column 15) The name space 'Server.Items' already contains a definiton for 'Acontract'
- Error: Scripts\customs\assasinaiton\Assasinationcontractinstantpayoff.cs:CS0101: (line 715, column 15) The name space 'Server.Items' already contains a definiton for 'ConfirmContractGump'

how can i fix this?

thanx

your using another custom script with the same names, change the namespace (and associated names) in either that script, or the other one