RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

assembly problem

fire666blade

Wanderer
assembly problem

hi there
i've a problem with the ultima sdk.... it is a net class libary and therefore it should be vb.net compatible... but when i include it in a project and try to access ultima.client functions it drops an error: "file- or assembly name "ultima" or one of it depencies not found" (translated germen error message)... how can i use it in vb.net or can use it at all in vb.net?

fire666blade

Phantom

Knight
Yes you can.

You need the 1.1 Framework and VS 2k3 I believe in order for it to work properly.

Its a .NET dll written in C# it can work with any .NET Lang.

Phantom

Knight
You need Framework 1.1 and either Shard Developer that support the 1.1 Framework or VS2k3 ( simplest solution )

The error might go away if you upgrade the framework, might not depends on some factors.

Thing about 1.1 Framework is you can't use it, most of the time on 1.0 however, you can use 1.0 on the 1.1 framework.

(( Talking about apps or dll's compiled on the 1.x Framework ()

UD

Wanderer
even if you have the 1.1 framework, vs.net 2k2 does not use it. to use 1.1 in vs.net you HAVE to have vs.net 2k3 (this is intentional by ms)

Phantom

Knight
Although you can still use VS2k2 you won't be able to use the changes done to C# ( a few things ) the old ways still work however, for how long I don't know ( ie 1.2 or what ever they do ).

Bradley

Sorceror
Don't forget, you can write .net code using only notepad if you are really desperate. You don't really need the fancy IDE, but it makes things a lot easier.

JCH321

Wanderer
My problem is that in SharpDeveloper it claims the DLL is a binary file and can't open it due to an unknown error [does this on compile] >_<

Yyrkoon

Wanderer
UD said:
even if you have the 1.1 framework, vs.net 2k2 does not use it. to use 1.1 in vs.net you HAVE to have vs.net 2k3 (this is intentional by ms)

Well if you look at Help>version on the VS tool bar youll see why apps written with 1.1 wont work. Its because even tho you update to the framework 1.1 the IDE wont, or atleast thats what it reports . . .

Yyrkoon

Wanderer
JCH321 said:
My problem is that in SharpDeveloper it claims the DLL is a binary file and can't open it due to an unknown error [does this on compile] >_<

I too have added Ultima.DLL into a project using SharpDevelop, or perhaps I should rephraze, and say 'add refference'. Basicly what this means, is in Project explorer right click on 'Refferences' select 'add refference' go to the .NET assembly browser, select browse, find the file which you wish to add refferene to.

Of course, if you know how to code well enough to use the SDK you should know all this already, OR maybe your new to .NET like I am and had problems getting used to the new IDE ?

JCH321

Wanderer
Sorry, forgot all about this thread, I figured that out the day after posting it, but I was new to .NET at the time, I still prefer C/C++ :p