RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction System

newbies13

Sorceror
I have noticed a bug with the auction system, players are able to go to the auctioner and get the auction gump. They are then able to run off into the world and still use the auction system, players are able to auction off thier good items before they die. Or go into events and auction items in the events that they otherwise would not be able to get out of the event.

Woody-NAE

Sorceror
newbies13 said:
I have noticed a bug with the auction system, players are able to go to the auctioner and get the auction gump. They are then able to run off into the world and still use the auction system, players are able to auction off thier good items before they die. Or go into events and auction items in the events that they otherwise would not be able to get out of the event.

Hmm as a player I never actually saw that as a bug but a clever use of the system. I used it to auction items from the safety of my home without thieves buzzing around me looking to see what I had :)

ive been trying to get this to work for a while, but i keep getting this error

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Custom\Scripts\Auction.1.8.1\Auction\AuctionItem.cs: CS0246: (
line 5, column 7) The type or namespace name 'Ultima' could not be found (are yo
u missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Custom\Scripts\Auction.1.8.1\Auction\AuctionItem.cs: CS0246: (
line 215, column 18) The type or namespace name 'StringList' could not be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

any help?

X

Xanthos

bleedngspidrleg said:
ive been trying to get this to work for a while, but i keep getting this error
any help?
Read step 2 of the installation instructions - this is a symptom of a mistake made with the first paragraph in step 2.

iamlol

Wanderer
Sunshine said:
The auction system cannot access the cliloc.enu file. Please review the system instructions for proer installation
I tried to locate how to fix this but could not find the answer on this string..anyone know please.?

Thanks...
I have the same problem :(. I've tried putting the cliloc.enu file everywhere (changing the path in the AuctionSystem.cs), but am still getting the same message. I have also tried different cliloc.enu files and still nothing. My cliloc.enu is from the Samurai Empire instalation. It is patched upto version 5.0,0b. Does anyone know, what I should do to fix it? I'm out of ideas. Could anyone please answer me?

could someone help im getting this weird error ive never seen
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: : CS0006: (line 0, column 0) Metadata file 'System.Ultima.dll' could n
ot be found
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

i have a problem with my server it says

- Error: Scripts\Custom\Auction\AuctionItem.cs: CS0246: (line 5, column 7) The
type or namespace name 'Ultima' could not be found (are you missing a using dire
ctive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Custom\Auction\AuctionItem.cs: CS0246: (line 215, column 18) T
he type or namespace name 'StringList' could not be found (are you missing a usi
ng directive or an assembly reference?)

Can You help me?

stormwolff

Knight
Merlin Wizdom said:
i have a problem with my server it says

- Error: Scripts\Custom\Auction\AuctionItem.cs: CS0246: (line 5, column 7) The
type or namespace name 'Ultima' could not be found (are you missing a using dire
ctive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Custom\Auction\AuctionItem.cs: CS0246: (line 215, column 18) T
he type or namespace name 'StringList' could not be found (are you missing a usi
ng directive or an assembly reference?)

Can You help me?

It looks like you missed or messed up one of the steps in the installation process.

Installation:
Requirements: A valid Ultima Online AoS installation on the server machine (for both AOS and non-AOS shards - this is necessary to access localization files).

Installation:

* Unzip the Auction folder into your customs scripts folder
* Copy Ultima.dll into your ..\RunUO\ folder.
* Open \RunUO\Data\Assemblies.cfg and add the line:

Ultima.dll

if it's not already there.
* Restart the server and use the [InitAuction command to place the auction control stone
* Spawn Auctioner mobiles to allow players to access the system

X

Xanthos

Just to alert everyone to a pending update including bug fixes and enhancements. I am testing the changes now and will be releasing this update any day...

Camerous

Wanderer
I am new to this so bare with me please. How do I spawn the auction guys? I use Pandora's Box and can't find where it is listed. Thanks in advance.

NM figured it out.

For those of you who don't know, like I didn't, use [add auction and a pop up menu comes up then you can click on auctioneer.