RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction System

X

Xanthos

Open \RunUO\Data\Assemblies.cfg and add the line:

Ultima.dll

rather than

System.Ultima.dll

X

Xanthos

I dont see a lot of shards using this system any more. I think its a great system, so I have to ask; are there some serious problems with this system?

stormwolff

Knight
Greystar said:
Not that I've found. Its just cause most people probably either
A) dont know about it
B) dont want life like chess on there shard
C) all of the above

Lol this isnt the topic for the chess system. Its for the auction system.

Xanthos said:
I dont see a lot of shards using this system any more. I think its a great system, so I have to ask; are there some serious problems with this system?

We have been using it since the initial release. There are a few quirks to it but for the most part its great.

stormwolff

Knight
Greystar said:
im tired

but i ment it for the auction system

I use both and both are by the same author.. my wife woke me up at 7am to take her to work and I didnt go to sleep untill 3am so im a tad (not all here at the moment)... my answer applies to both systems.

Both systems are indeed great :)

P

PoolMan

When the admin says InitAuction , the Auctioner says "Sorry we are closed try again later" What did I miss?

Woody-NAE

Sorceror
Can someone tell me the maximum bid that its possible to place. I ask because on a shard with an out of whack economy would I see a problem with very large bids.

Greystar

Wanderer
Woody-NAE said:
Can someone tell me the maximum bid that its possible to place. I ask because on a shard with an out of whack economy would I see a problem with very large bids.

have no idea what the Maximum bid is, but I think its set up that the bid must be X% above the last bid. It might be coded into the auction system itself. Although its been a long time since I've bothered to look at the scripts since they work for me as is.

X

Xanthos

I may pick up support for this when the weather cools a bit and I start spending more time indoors. I am currently spending a few cycles on the design for a classifieds and live auction system and think that my system my dovetail nicely with Arya's. Besides, I really like this auction system and would like to see it maintained.

Greystar

Wanderer
Xanthos said:
I may pick up support for this when the weather cools a bit and I start spending more time indoors. I am currently spending a few cycles on the design for a classifieds and live auction system and think that my system my dovetail nicely with Arya's. Besides, I really like this auction system and would like to see it maintained.

I kinda hope someone does pick it up. Some of the older scripts where written very well, but without updates may stop working with the newerversions of RunUO. I try to make things work on my shard if I can even if they where designed for an older system. For the most part I can, but there are somethings that just wont work without a complete rewrite. So if you do by chance pick this up or if another scripter picks this up thats cool to. Even though im sure Arya probably wont care in the least who is working on it NOW, I personally (just cause im like that) would probably ask if it was okay if I pick up support and updates. But there are still some limitations to what I can and cant do and I like you right now don't have alot of time free.

ssalter

Account Terminated
Please respect the author and leave the originals available somewhere, for future people who are interested. I know Quantos and a few others have the original sources and versions as I do so that should not be a problem.

Also, if different people start putting out different versions of the controls, it would be wise to modify the name so as not to fool people into thinking they are getting the original work and original quality.

IE: if Phantom decides to change a bunch of stuff around in Pandora's Box, please name it something like "Pandora's Box (Phantom's mods)", so it is quite clear. I imagine a few dozen or so other mods will show up in time as well. Of course, source should always be included since she released it.

This auction system, if re-released, should of course follow the general guidelines for attributing work to the author.

Having an update to the Ultima.dll would be nice. Hopefully it will be posted in 3rd party controls if and when it is updated. Look forward to it!

Phantom said:
Xanthos

I am working on an update to all of the controls, Arya wrote over the last 2 years, and getting rid of the Verdata.mul support.

If/When you work on this, try to get in touch with me, and I will provide you with some updates.

I will look at which dll this uses, I think it uses the Ultima.dll which is not updated for SE and ML ( which I will add support for in 20 days ).

X

Xanthos

Phantom said:
Xanthos

I am working on an update to all of the controls, Arya wrote over the last 2 years, and getting rid of the Verdata.mul support.

If/When you work on this, try to get in touch with me, and I will provide you with some updates.

I will look at which dll this uses, I think it uses the Ultima.dll which is not updated for SE and ML ( which I will add support for in 20 days ).
Thanks Phantom, will do...

Sslater, I have not decided what I will do about naming, credits etc. I always leave a trail so its easy to see how things evolved or whatever =) Let each designer figure out the best way to move the code forward, name it etc.

I probably wont do anything with the auction system for a few more weeks tho - there are still a lot of mountains that need biking and its nice and sunny out there...

ssalter

Account Terminated
No offense taken. I imagine everyone will use her source as they see fit. It is public domain, after all. As long as it is clear that the product is a derivative no one should get confused.

Phantom said:
ssalter

I hope you don't take offense to this, but Arya said she released the source so everyone could use it.

Clearly anyone that uses her work would give get credit, for example I plan to update Pandora's Box and it will contain the credits in the source which I would release.

Sunshine

Wanderer
The auction system cannot access the cliloc.enu file. Please review the system i
nstructions for proer installation

I tried to locate how to fix this but could not find the answer on this string..anyone know please.?

Thanks...

steamin

Wanderer
I have a problem in, i think its the Gump from AuctionViewGump.cs. In top/right is a scrollable Area, above the articel and "1 Items total".
In the scrollable Area are only stands "Invalid Localization" 1 to 20 times.

Do you have a work around?

steamin

Wanderer
The s.ToString() in AuctionItem.cs -> GetItemProperties
list.Add( ComputeProperty( (int) number, s.ToString() ) );
returns the wrong string but i dont no why.

X

Xanthos

steamin said:
The s.ToString() in AuctionItem.cs -> GetItemProperties
list.Add( ComputeProperty( (int) number, s.ToString() ) );
returns the wrong string but i dont no why.
The original author is no longer supporting this system. Once I wrap up a few things I will begin by fixing any bugs reported in this thread - probably going to be a couple of weeks.