RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Loot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonobp

Wanderer
Auto Loot?

I am new to using Razor as a shard I play on recently switched from POL or RunUO.

There is a feature I think would be very helpful that I cannot seem to find a way to get Razor to do.

A POL shard I played on years ago had an "auto loot" option which you could turn on and thus set a hotkey for. What it would do it loot all creatures around you, 5x5 I think. There weren't any party systems so there was no reserved kills like there are now. All the loot would be put into a hotbag that you selected and basically you sort it out later.

I've tried to get Razor to do this but cannot seem to find a way. I think it would fit perfectly as an Agent, you pick your hotbag, perhaps tell it how large a radius you wish to loot and even have an option to loot only your kills, or loot any kill if you don't care about criminal flags.

If there is a way to set this up already and I'm just not seeing it I appologize and would love to hear how to do so. If there isn't, it would be a great addition especially for RP shards where your to busy RP'ing to grab the junk off the hordes you kill during quests. Just set your agent to a hotkey, grab an empty pack and hit a key to loot while you are badmouthing the badguys.

Well, thanks for bearing with this long rant. If this isn't the correct forum please move this post.

Zippy

Razor Creator
No, there's nothing like this in razor, and no plans to add anything similar.

Most people feeling "auto loot" gives a (large) unfair advantage.

DoVer

Wanderer
Mmm

Couldn't it be for players with slow conn.. I got very slow and even people w/o Razor gets stuff faster than me

A

ALF

Zippy said:
No, there's nothing like this in razor, and no plans to add anything similar.

Most people feeling "auto loot" gives a (large) unfair advantage.

Zippy. On our shard there are autoloot hotkey too! It loot only gold & reagents but...
IT DOESN'T WORK IF THERE ARE A PLAYER NEAR YOU...
So you cannot autoloot if somebody stands near you. There is no advantage of using razor for competition of quick looting because you are only one person who loots. If somebody stands near you when you are looting (it may be if you try to loot player which is not killed by you) autoloot don't work

I think razor can freely use this ability and there no unfair advantage.
Think about it.
P.S.:Sorry for my English

Wario

Wanderer
about that autoloot...

scavenger only picks up items from the ground, and from the shard i usually play, u can double skin monsters to the floor and then loot that way. can you make the scavenger autoloot newly killed corpses? of course this is an advantage, and thats why we use razor. cuz its awesome! :-P

kethoth

Page
*says it before zippy can* razor was made to be a tool to make the game easier..not to give you an unfair advantage against other players

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Zippy has spoken, don't waste your time trying to change his mind, if he feels an auto-loot feature is unfair he won't add it.

No-one

Wanderer
there is a feature in razor that opens the corps near you so u dont have to dbl clit it to loot it that is the closet thing to it

chad2005_88

Wanderer
jonobp said:
I am new to using Razor as a shard I play on recently switched from POL or RunUO.

There is a feature I think would be very helpful that I cannot seem to find a way to get Razor to do.

A POL shard I played on years ago had an "auto loot" option which you could turn on and thus set a hotkey for. What it would do it loot all creatures around you, 5x5 I think. There weren't any party systems so there was no reserved kills like there are now. All the loot would be put into a hotbag that you selected and basically you sort it out later.

I've tried to get Razor to do this but cannot seem to find a way. I think it would fit perfectly as an Agent, you pick your hotbag, perhaps tell it how large a radius you wish to loot and even have an option to loot only your kills, or loot any kill if you don't care about criminal flags.

If there is a way to set this up already and I'm just not seeing it I appologize and would love to hear how to do so. If there isn't, it would be a great addition especially for RP shards where your to busy RP'ing to grab the junk off the hordes you kill during quests. Just set your agent to a hotkey, grab an empty pack and hit a key to loot while you are badmouthing the badguys.

Well, thanks for bearing with this long rant. If this isn't the correct forum please move this post.

if you want a good auto looting program get one made for Easy Uo, they got some nice scripts,
it has been a long time since u used EZUO, i think the webpage is http://www.easyuo.com

but i had a script for that once where you can set what to pick up first, like if all you want is the gold, that is the first thing it loots.

but i also think that it is a little unfair. if you are in a group of people hunting, and nomater what your the 1st one to get any lootz

Status
Not open for further replies.