RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] Auto Sheathe Weapon 1.2

No permission to download

Felladrin

Sorceror
Felladrin submitted a new resource:

Auto Sheathe Weapon (version 1.0) - Sheathes or unsheathes player's weapon based on their war mode.

Introduction

This is an automatic system to make characters sheathe their weapons when they change from war to peace mode. It will also reequip their last used weapon when they get back to war mode.

Installation

You can put this into your shard in 2 easy steps:

1. Drop this script somewhere in your Scripts folder.

2. Open PlayerMobile.cs and find:
C#:
public override void...

Read more about this resource...

Macil

Sorceror
This is great! But I have one suggestion (and question on how to do it so I can add it to the system on my server heh).

How might I go about adding a localized announcement to the player so they know their equipped item has been sheathed? Just in case players don't initially realize this system is in place on a server, they wont have to initially panic and wonder "where did my sword go?!"

=)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Just another update. I think I've spotted a performance flaw.

In the bizarre and I'm sure rare event, what if a person is wanting to fight bare handed but still has their equipment on themselves? There is no way to override the sheathing process without dropping your equipment to the ground, is there? Perhaps a toggle option could be useful too for situations such as this? So that the option to sheath and not sheath can be available to players as well for such situations?

Felladrin

Sorceror

Felladrin

Sorceror
Felladrin updated Auto Sheathe Weapon with a new update entry:

Added player command: [AutoSheathe

As suggested by Macil, now player can use the command [AutoSheathe to toggle this feature.

You can enable or disable the command at the top of the script.

C#:
public static class Config
{
    public static bool SendOverheadMessage = true; // Should we send a overhead message to the player about the auto-sheathe?
    public static bool AllowPlayerToggle = true;   // Should we allow player to use a command to toggle the auto-sheathe?
}

To...

Read the rest of this update entry...