RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[B36] The Gauntlet - Version 1.2 (Updated 04/02/04)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[B36] The Gauntlet Version 1

Click here to download

Summary:
The Gauntlet in Doom, Malas. Automated spawning and door management. - Update 04/02/04

Description:
This package is my version of the actual Gauntlet (as close as I have got it so far). The script contains The teleporters for getting into the rooms, mebane2's Gauntlet monsters, and uses David's spawner (included is you have not already downloaded it.)

The script also has a fix for OSI's keep the door open trick (at least it should fix it, it has in the testing I have done).

The spawns are calculated as such:
A monster is spawned for each party that enters the room.
If an unpartied player enters the room, a monster will currently still spawn (I've placed this in intentionally).

The spawn of the Dark Father is worked on the average of the previous spawns divided by 2.

This can be used in conjunction with the Gauntlet Entrance script (no modification needed). I haven't tried with any of the Victoria quests, so I can't comment on modification for them.

04/02/04 - Version 1.1 - Thanks to joshw for pointing out problem with the restarting Gauntlet, should be fixed now. Download and replace the BaseGauntlet.cs file.

04/02/04 - Version 1.2 - System changed to resemble more closely information given by Cmonkey123. New method adds a monster every time a new party steps on the teleporter (only needs one member to). Players are unable to spawn more by dropping out of the party/joining up to another party after stepping on the teleporter (they can however go in seperate at first and then join up inside to get more monsters.)
The files BaseGauntlet.cs, DoomTeleporters.cs, and GauntletGen.cs should be replaced.

Installation:
Place the scripts into your custom directory
You do NOT need to replace Spawner.cs if you are already using David's spawner.
You do not have to overwrite any of mebane2's gauntlet monsters, except for the BaseGauntlet.cs file. The GauntletShadowKnight.cs should still be copied over.

In game type [gauntletgen
The first room should be locked, and ready to go. :)

04/02/04 - Version 1.2 - To upgrade from previous versions I recommend you do the following.
1) Go in game and remove the previous doom teleporters leading into the rooms (you don't have to, but it saves deleting from the console due to serialization later) then save.
2) Shut down the server and replace the files BaseGauntlet.cs, DoomTeleporters.cs, and GauntletGen.cs
3) Restart the server, and then go in game and type [gauntletgen

This will remove the previous gauntlet, and replace it with the newer one.

joshw

Sorceror
Very nice the only problem I have seen is when you get down killing the AH's 4 dark fathers spawn its supposed to be only one where would you change it to do only ione

oh and it doesnt start over till the corpes are gone from room so really cant start gaubtlet over right away

joshw said:
Very nice the only problem I have seen is when you get down killing the AH's 4 dark fathers spawn its supposed to be only one where would you change it to do only ione

LOL N/M i got it

oh and it doesnt start over till the corpes are gone from room so really cant start gaubtlet over right away

It's not only one Dark Father that spawns, I know that for a fact (I've ran from one straight into several others too many times heh :)). Whether its always 4 or not though I'm not sure, which is why I've put the average in.

As for the corpses, my mistake, one thing I overlooked was resetting the telepads :oops:
Files updated to v1.1 - only need to overwrite the BaseGauntlet.cs file
Thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Re: [B36] The Gauntlet Version 1

shadow_keeper said:
Once the first person steps on the teleporter, 4 monsters are spawned. A timer of 10 seconds starts, which at it's end stops the teleporter spawning more monsters.
For every other person after the first, if the teleporter will still spawn, then an extra monster is added.

Example 1:
Player 1 steps onto the teleporter, 4 monsters spawn and the timer starts.
Player 2 steps onto the teleporter, the timer hasn't finished, no monsters spawn.
Player 3 steps onto the teleporter, the timer hasn't finished, an extra monster spawns.

Example 2:
Player 2 steps onto the teleporter, the timer hasn't finished, no monsters spawn.
Player 3 steps onto the teleporter, the timer has finished, no monster spawns.

The spawn of the Dark Father is worked on the average of the other spawns.

I like your system, but having worked on my own version, I know your spawning system is incorrect (I'm not sure how the dark father spawing works, but I'm 100% sure on how the minor boss spawing works).

A minor boss spawns for every party that enters the room (or steps on the teleporter). This spawning continues until there are no mosters left. So, for example, even if you have one boss left and it's near death and another party comes in, a new boss will spawn that will need to be killed before the room opens.

I'm pretty sure one dark father spawns for every party in the gauntlet area divided by two. So, if there are 4 parties in the guantlet area when the dark father is about to spawn 2 fathers will spawn. If there are 3 parties, then it would round down to one dark father spawn.

I hope that helps make the system closer to OSI :D

Re: [B36] The Gauntlet Version 1

Cmonkey123 said:
shadow_keeper said:
Once the first person steps on the teleporter, 4 monsters are spawned. A timer of 10 seconds starts, which at it's end stops the teleporter spawning more monsters.
For every other person after the first, if the teleporter will still spawn, then an extra monster is added.

Example 1:
Player 3 steps onto the teleporter, the timer hasn't finished, an extra monster spawns.

Example 2:
Player 3 steps onto the teleporter, the timer has finished, no monster spawns.

The spawn of the Dark Father is worked on the average of the other spawns.

I like your system, but having worked on my own version, I know your spawning system is incorrect (I'm not sure how the dark father spawing works, but I'm 100% sure on how the minor boss spawing works).

A minor boss spawns for every party that enters the room (or steps on the teleporter). This spawning continues until there are no mosters left. So, for example, even if you have one boss left and it's near death and another party comes in, a new boss will spawn that will need to be killed before the room opens.

I'm pretty sure one dark father spawns for every party in the gauntlet area divided by two. So, if there are 4 parties in the guantlet area when the dark father is about to spawn 2 fathers will spawn. If there are 3 parties, then it would round down to one dark father spawn.

I hope that helps make the system closer to OSI :D

Cool, thanks for the info, I'll take a look on finding parties :)

joshw

Sorceror
Would like to thank all the fine people getting doom put together all we need now is swutch puzzle and guardians room good work everyone

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
I've constructed the majority of the first part of the quest (the Victoria part). I can finish it and send it to you if you'd like.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Just FYI... Krrios has already coded a Doom Gauntlet like thingy tat has been in place on UOGamers for some time now.

Urk

Wanderer
I didn't really follow the idea of v1.2
On the first version, when I entered the room, 4 monsters spawned.
Now, when I enter, only 1 spawns. Is it correct or something is not working properly?

Thats correct due to information told by Cmonkey123.
For each party (I also count single player not in a party as a party) that enters the room, 1 monster spawns, opposed to my previous method of 4 monsters spawning, then one every 2 players till theres 6 monsters spawned.

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Urk said:
I didn't really follow the idea of v1.2
On the first version, when I entered the room, 4 monsters spawned.
Now, when I enter, only 1 spawns. Is it correct or something is not working properly?

That's the way OSI's gauntlet works.

Just to give you crap, but how can this have been updated April 2, 2004.
April isnt even here yet...
Its still Febuary...

Just messing with you hahaha :D

Voran

Wanderer
*looks blankly at Spherical*
Good script, but for the life of me I can't see any reference to April.

Voran

Wanderer
*pats on shoulder*
Only to you backwards colonials.
It's the 4th day of the 2nd month to the rest of us.
*evil grin*

oh hahaha, I didnt see it that way,
i always write the date month/day/year
Only time I write the DAY first is on base, Military says you have to write the date Day/Month/Year but not like how it is written here.

We have to write the date:
02Feb04 on base
otherise I write:
02/04/04

But ok... I guess people ARE definitly different on different sides of the map hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.