RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BaseQuest System

jungleboy

Wanderer
koluch said:
Same PlayerMoblie issue, any suggestions?
Code:
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.
r
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (1609 items, 531 mobiles)
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
 - Type: Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile
 - Serial: 0x000043F2
Delete the object? (y/n)
y
Delete all objects of that type? (y/n)
y
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate

Error:
System.Exception: Load failed (items=False, mobiles=True, guilds=False, regions=
False, type=Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile, serial=0x000043F2) ---> System.NullRefe
renceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
   at Server.World.Load()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Server.World.Load()
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

I know this cant be good! hehehe :confused:

this is addressed in a post previous

skypeak as for the antlion one

I had the same problem all i did was remove the antlion.cs and antlionhole.cs out of this download and use the distro ones

worked like a charm

jungleboy

Wanderer
Fury said:
I think he reversed it some.... before adding the quest all your players were saved as case 17... when you put the quest stuff in case 17 its trying to load what has never been saved... quest stuff should be case 18 and 17 should be blank.

koluch this should fix your player mobile issue

maybe this could be updated in the instructions

baterax

Wanderer
Problem!

I get one single error:

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS0115: (line 1778, column 22) 'Serve
r.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.OnGuildChange(Server.Guilds.Guild)': no suitable method f
ound to override
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

jungleboy

Wanderer
Im not sure what is going on here... did you follow all the instruction (maybe have a closer look at the edits in your playermobile.cs) other than that ill have to leave this ones to the pro's

jungleboy

Wanderer
This is my playermobile you may want to just compare it to your player mobile as i have made mods for other things added (i think)

use as own risk (no flames thanks)

Attachments

• PlayerMobile.cs
    53.7 KB · Views: 30

jungleboy

Wanderer
it works fine on my shard so no reason y it wouldnt on yours... are there any other mods you have done to your player mobile?

HotBird

Wanderer
Installed and working great! Thx for the scripts - only had to change the body type on the Red Solen Mat and Amb (were black).

Only 1 hiccup however - everything loaded and i got the antlion error no biggie went back in and everything loaded fine set spawns out saved and restarted once again - got a item error in player something kinda like the antlion error well i deleted all types and wammo ALL charactures were gone from accts!?! No biggie as i'm not advertised out yet - very small circle of users - but wondering if it was from something i did in the playermobile or an 'illegal' item created ingame from a gm??? any hints? Sry i was pretty tired and don't remember exactly what the error was but it was along the same lines as the antlion error

EDIT:
Well, I seem to have an error in the playermobile.cs file with serialize - i've posted the error and a copy in script support perhaps you can take a look there and point me in the correct path? thx

milkman_dan

Wanderer
One Question

I got the Red Solen Matriarch(The One you give the seed to) To work properly.

How do i get the other queen to work for the rest of the quests?
IVe added all queens and the only one you can talk to is {Red Solen Matriarch}

jaynigs

Wanderer
milkman_dan said:
I got the Red Solen Matriarch(The One you give the seed to) To work properly.

How do i get the other queen to work for the rest of the quests?
IVe added all queens and the only one you can talk to is {Red Solen Matriarch}

The normal queens dont talk to you, the ambitious queen will tho

LordHogFred

Knight
Ok this isn't working. I made all the changes stated in the readme.txt, it compiles scripts fine and then it asks me if I want to delete all instances of PlayerMobiles.

An update wasn't needed to get to this point. I have tried several different PlayerMobiles that have (supposedly) been correctly serialized for the BaseQuest System (old one for B36) and all of them have gotten to this same point. They compile fine and then ask to delete PlayerMobiles.

What is going on here ?

Thanks,

Tru

Knight
LordHogFred said:
Ok this isn't working. I made all the changes stated in the readme.txt, it compiles scripts fine and then it asks me if I want to delete all instances of PlayerMobiles.

An update wasn't needed to get to this point. I have tried several different PlayerMobiles that have (supposedly) been correctly serialized for the BaseQuest System (old one for B36) and all of them have gotten to this same point. They compile fine and then ask to delete PlayerMobiles.

What is going on here ?

Thanks,
Are/Were you using a Custom PlayerMobile to begin with?

HotBird

Wanderer
I had the same problem - it then deletes ALL account charactures everytime you restart the server and I was using the rco1.0 distro playermobile.cs

I posted my file and asked for help in the script support section but never got it resolved.

MarkC777

Wanderer
Thank you for this excellent script pack. Got it up and running following the directions with little difficulty.

One question, is there a way to get stackables to stack when sent to the bankbox? Example, sending gold to the bank puts each group sent in its own pile instead of grouping with existing gold if possible. I tested with bandages also for another stackable item reference.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Greystar

Wanderer
HotBird said:
I had the same problem - it then deletes ALL account charactures everytime you restart the server and I was using the rco1.0 distro playermobile.cs

I posted my file and asked for help in the script support section but never got it resolved.

I had no problem.. you sure you got the serialize/deserialize in the exact same order (ps I dont use a custome PLAYERmobile). I just stuck this right into my active 1.0 shard no PWipe No problems. Although I've been lucky like that so far... In saying this I probably just cursed myself to a Pwipe...

HotBird

Wanderer
Greystar said:
I had no problem.. you sure you got the serialize/deserialize in the exact same order (ps I dont use a custome PLAYERmobile). I just stuck this right into my active 1.0 shard no PWipe No problems. Although I've been lucky like that so far... In saying this I probably just cursed myself to a Pwipe...

Prob not - the error I was getting was on world load and said bad serialize in playermobile.cs - I've attached my script here if anyone cares to take a look at it and see if they can find where i goofed at

Attachments

• PlayerMobile.cs
    53.9 KB · Views: 13

Tru

Knight
Ok this is for both LordHogFred and HotBird
You were using the BaseQuests in B36? then upgraded to 1.0?

HotBird

Wanderer
Tru said:
Ok this is for both LordHogFred and HotBird
You were using the BaseQuests in B36? then upgraded to 1.0?

Nope Never used B36 - this was the only addon I've tried to use where I had to edit any of the distro files. I attached my edited distro in the above post. One thing I've noticed (NEWB Observation comming) is that the serialize is after the deserialize in the playermobile - seems all other files have serialize in the script first??