RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beta 2 Error

HellRazor

Knight
Beta 2 Error

First off, thank you for adding the custom client feature! :)

I am getting an error when trying to load a client in a specified directory (i.e. found using the browse function). I have "patch encryption" turned "off". The error is:

Could Not Start Client

UOGLite2 was unable to find the client specified. Custom: "C:\Program Fi...\ssclient.exe"

Following the error, the Razor dialog (the picture) remains on my screen until I use Task Manager to kill it.

The client file is in fact there as specified.

Shouldn't Razor be running the client directly without using UOGLite if the option to patch client encryption is not selected?

If it ALWAYS uses UOGLite in some fashion, the problem might be that my client is sector edited to use a different registry path than the standard UO one (which allows my client to be on an entirely seperate install than the regular UO one - I don't use UOGateway because several of the files we patch are not supported).

I'm running Windows XP Home.

HellRazor

Knight
Just to follow up, I get the same error with a "normal" non-encrypted client (i.e., no sector editing, just a normal client with no encryption).

HellRazor

Knight
Ok...figured it out...

The "Patch Encryption" button is confusing. It looks like if you have an X in it, you are saying "yes, patch encryption".

But really its just the opposite. If it is "x'd" it doesn't patch it.

So its working, its just backwards. :)

HellRazor

Knight
Ok...messed around with it some more...

I could have sworn I got it to work once by deselecting the "patch client" box. But it worked once and only once. After that, I continued getting the "client not found" error whether the box was checked or not. I've tried it on non-encrypted clients created by both UOGLite and UO_Rice.

Also, whenever the error comes up, Razor doesn't close completely and has to be killed with Task Manager. If you get the error, your saved default settings are wiped as well.

These are 2D clients by the way, not 3D.