RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Beta 36] Thumbs Up-or-Thumbs Down

S

Seven

[Beta 36] Thumbs Up-or-Thumbs Down

What do you think? I downloaded it and it doesn't even work correctly for me...I heard some other bad stuff about it too. What do you all think?
Rate it :Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down

My current vote : Thumbs Down

psz

Administrator
Thumbs up. Works great. No problems upgrading. I've already had players do a champ hunt and raid the Cove Orc Fort in Felucca.

Weapon Durablity, Vet Rewards, and Blacksmithing/Tailoring enhancements are working fine.

Phantom

Knight
Re: [Beta 36] Ewww...

Seven said:
What do you think? I downloaded it and it doesn't even work correctly for me...I heard some other bad stuff about it too. What do you all think?
Rate It : Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down

My current vote : Thumbs Down

Alot of merit you have :D you have trouble getting phpbb to work :D

Since you have not asked for help, I can't even think much of your merit when EVERYONE who has posted in the last 6 months have no problems but a few people.

E

enoch144

I had no problem upgrading 34-35,

But I dont stand much of a chance upgrading to Beta 36 unless I want to start the shard almost from scratch. There are so many new changes in 36, everything from minor things in clothing and crafting that all the custom things on my shard would need totally rescripted (months of work)

I'm sticking with 35 and just taking the good things out of 36, like animate dead, and if I can figure out how to pull out the pet bonding too.

The vet reward system, dye tubs, etc are completely different than whats already in use by most shards- down to the robes, statuettes, everything and will be a great hassle alone just converting all that as well looks more complicated then the vet reward system already out there.

Anyone who has custom ores or wood in beta 35 are gonna run into big problems with upgrading to 36 as well.

If you do not have a lot of custom scripts on your shard- 36 should be a smooth and good upgrade. But if your shard has a lot of custom beta 35 scripts, expect a headache and a LOT of time adapting your old scripts. I got over 70 errors just trying to upgrade and decided against it.

Enoch

psz

Administrator
Puh-leeze... If your custom scripts are written CORRECTLY, the upgrade is nothing.

If your custom scripts are BADLY written, then you may have some problems. (I've used *EVERY* version of RunUO since Beta 14, and am STILL using some of the scripts I had then)

Get a program that allows you to view differences in files such as Beyond Compare or WinDiff and merge your old changes from distro scripts with the new ones. Thats how I keep my custom code in distro scripts each release.

S

Seven

So...current status :
Thumbs Up : 4
Thumbs Sideways : 2
Thumbs Down 1

-----Phantom-----
I was new to phpbb then....now i know how to add a bunch of directorys and make it so i can have a ton of forums...I was new and having trouble now its a sinch ;)

K

Krazy_zack

@Phantom

Why don't you go fuckoff and play in the freeway somewhere?

@Seven

Was the fastest (and most pain free) upgrade I ever had to do (from 35 to 36). Everything seems to work ok so far....

...and I have a TONE of custom scripts as well ;)

psz

Administrator
@Zack Take yer own advice :-P

@Everyone else: Seems the consensus is that people who know what they are doing have no problems, and people who don't listen DO.

psz

Administrator
With what, exactly? Did you have any custom scripts you didn't write? Did you use bobsmart's or a similar package previously?

Phantom

Knight
Krazy_zack said:
@Phantom

Why don't you go fuckoff and play in the freeway somewhere?

@Seven

Was the fastest (and most pain free) upgrade I ever had to do (from 35 to 36). Everything seems to work ok so far....

...and I have a TONE of custom scripts as well ;)

1) I am playing with Seven

2) He knows there is some truth in what I say, but its all harmless with him and only him.

Spooky

Wanderer
There is noting new in any of these issues every release there is a flood of posts WTF? it wont load.
And as always its not the release its badly made custom scripts or bad shard administrators that are at fault.
Thumbs up