RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Area in the middle of the map

Verona

Wanderer
Hello, I hope this is the correct forum to post this. I'm looking for help with a problem I have, My girlfriends and I are trying to make our own shard. We have everything ready to go except there is a problem with the map. There is a black line in the middle of the map about 7 squares across from top to bottom, and I can see green acres toward the bottom of the map. We've been nothing short of almost pulling our hair out trying to come up with an answer as to why and or what happened. I have tried searching the forums but havn't found anything like the problem we have. :( Please help us we would be truly grateful. (Version 4.0.11c : RunUO 2.0 RC2)

Feel free to pm, also if i've left out any information needed please let me know. Thank you in advance :)

Sythen

Sorceror
It sounds like a wrap around problem, caused most likely from either a custom map sizing issue and/or an issue with your client version/and associated files. If you update to the latest client and you download RunUO 2.1 Final you should be okay and the issue should disappear if the problem lies in your client version/ and associated files. If the issue is with the map wraparound coordinates on a custom map, my suggestion would be to look in baseboat.cs and see where it shows the maping wrap around points. Likewise if you're having the issue with a custom TerMur map and/or Malas map you'll need to add in your wrap around points in this script for it to work correctly.

I hope this answers your question

Look For This:
Code:
private static Rectangle2D[] m_BritWrap = new Rectangle2D[]{ new Rectangle2D( 16, 16, 5120 - 32, 4096 - 32 ), new Rectangle2D( 5136, 2320, 992, 1760 ) };
private static Rectangle2D[] m_IlshWrap = new Rectangle2D[]{ new Rectangle2D( 16, 16, 2304 - 32, 1600 - 32 ) };
private static Rectangle2D[] m_TokunoWrap = new Rectangle2D[] { new Rectangle2D( 16, 16, 1448 - 32, 1448 - 32 ) };

Thilgon

Sorceror
You have GM status and you are on the map border. Try go there without being GM/Admin and see if it's there again.

romanthebrain

Sorceror
1. Try to update your client to 6.0.1.10
2. Try RunUO 2.0 final or 2.1
3. Reinstall UO and set the new data path in "datapath.cs"
4. If you're using Razor, update this to the newest version. And dont try to change the force game size option

normaly this all should work