RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug Report : GM Robes

Melanius

Wanderer
Bug Report : GM Robes

This occurs when you equip a GM robe. If you have hair they don't "disappear" when you wear it and reappear when you unequip it.

UOClient: Hair don't show when you wear the GM robe

KrriosClient: They do (like on UOClient older versions).

psz

Administrator
Hair shows up on the OSI client even with GMRobes.

I had to [shavehair on all new GM characters I made for that reason.

Melanius

Wanderer
@psz: I can reproduce this anytime. I am running beta34 connecting with client 4.0.0o. When i equip a GMrobe, while having hair they dissappear and reappear when i equip/unequip it. Plz try again and let me know.

psz

Administrator
When I use OSI's client with any version of RunUO, if the GMRobe is put on a character with hair, the hair shows through on both the paperdoll and the player model in 2D. Always has.

This is using both body value 400 and 987.

Same with beards.

psz

Administrator
No, I am wearing a robe.

[add gmrobe

*drag robe to me*

I ALSO [set bodyvalue 987

I know what I do on my shard ;->

Kamron

Knight
I replied to my own post about this under dragging off of a paperdoll.

Yes, the krrios client uses the old style, where items do not impose over other items, such as walls in front of items on the same tile, or a robe over hair.

krrios

Administrator
Paperdoll sorting in KUOC is -not- as OSI. I only know their algorithm isnt' a simple layer comparison. For example, platemail arms are drawn over platemail chest, yet leather arms are drawn under.

On the note of in-world sorting, that should have all been resolved with beta7. Can you give a specific example, Spider, where KUOC and the standard client differ?

Oridan

Wanderer
another weird layering bug:
wear a surcoat and a GM robe, then [hide yourself. the surcoat is drawn over the robe :eek:

Melanius

Wanderer
krrios said:
Paperdoll sorting in KUOC is -not- as OSI. I only know their algorithm isnt' a simple layer comparison. For example, platemail arms are drawn over platemail chest, yet leather arms are drawn under.

So Krrios, can this be fixed? I mean you'll be able to figure it out and fix it in a future version?

Kamron

Knight
Yes

When i am on britain bank, And i put a brazier in the SOUTH EAST corner. It sticks out in the krioss client, but doesnt on the OSI client. Because the peice of the wall, should be drawn over the brazier, even though the brazier and the wall share the same tile.

I have just tested this on Beta 8.

Kamron

Knight
To fix this, I believe wall peices should have precedence over other object types on the same tile. Oddly enough, some items (tables etc) stick out of the wall STILL, on the OSI client, even though they shouldnt.

Also i have just noticed that when people walk around on the floor below you (like in houses) while on a horse, they still appear in between tiles as they walk. Its weird.