RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buildings won't render

earthprime

Wanderer
Please see the attached screenshot. I've finally got my own Shard running (within a Win. XP virtual machine) but I'm finding that buildings don't seem to render. Is this a known issue, or is there something I didn't do during setup? Thanks!

Attachments

• Noname.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 11

Miracle99

Squire
I believe this happens when you dont have the datapath.cs file setup correctly. Make sure line 16 in datapath.cs is correctly pointed to where you have the client installed.

earthprime

Wanderer
Thanks! I see that line 16 is: private static string CustomPath = null;"

and the template (one line above it) is: private const string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online";

Do I need to point this string to my RunUO folder or the RunUO application? Also, do I need the quotes "" ? My path could look like this:

private const string CustomPath = C:\Ultima\RunUO;
or this
private const string CustomPath = @"C:\Ultima\RunUO";

Miracle99

Squire
No you want to point it to the UO client folder not the Runuo folder.

private const string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online";

earthprime

Wanderer
It appears that the issue remains even after editing the Datapath.cs file. I've attached my datapath file, the script that initially executes when RunUO starts, and badspawn.log.

Attachments

• Bad Spawn.txt
    31.1 KB · Views: 1
  • RunUO.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DataPath.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 1

Miracle99

Squire
According to the Runuo.txt, your server is using client version
"Restricting client version to 5.0.8.3. Action to be taken: LenientKick"

When you start UO to login to game is this the same client version that is showing on your login screen?

Also the badspawn.txt will happen everytime you start the server until you either
a: install a script that has those MinitureMushrooms
b: go to each location from the badspawn.txt and delete the spawner.

earthprime

Wanderer
Ah, this may be the root cause. I'm not running the latest version of UO, I've been trying this with UO Second Age (http://www.uosecondage.com/) hoping to run a server like I used to in the 90's. Will RunUO only work with the latest version of UO? If so, is there an alternative where I can still host servers for older clients?

Miracle99

Squire
No it will work just fine. The issue isnt that you dont have buildings, the issue is that your starting point is Haven, which for a 2nd age client, would not have buildings in Haven because Haven does not exist. What you are seeing is the doors only from the [gendoor command from RUNUO.

You would have to
1: Edit the starting point in charactercreation.cs to have new players to go Brit in Fel and not Trammel Haven
2: Delete all doors that dont need to be in the world.
3: Edit Moongates to not have Trammel as an option
4: Probably a ton of other things.