RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C/C++ Recommended Reading

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
C/C++ Recommended Reading

Just use this thread to post books you would recommend to other c/c++ programmers or aspiring ones.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
C++ Programming:
From Problem Analysis to Program Design
by: Dr. D.S. Malik
Thomson Course Technology

Very good book with lots of helpful information, quick references, and exercises to try for yourself.

rsmiller21

Wanderer
Object-Oriented Programming In C++ Fourth Edition By Lafore
This is a older book written before 2003 but the information covered is fantastic. This book isn't written like a novel but the broad range of topics covered is great for a beginner.

C++ Program Design - An Introduction to Programming and Object-Oriented Design By Choon & Davidson
My first college C++ book. Great for beginners because of the pictures and purdy text. Begins with simple C++ syntax to functions to classes to API(Purdy Windows with shapes) then to simple game programming. Neat stuff in here.

zoggins

Sorceror
I learn something new everytime I read it

Accelerated C++ Practical Programming by Example

Accelerated C++

My students complain about it, but mostly cause it is a dense read not a bad read.

Kasimir

Squire
Absolute C++ by Savitch.

Goes from Basics into a bit of Data Structures with very simple explanations and lots of examples. Even touches on data structures and unit testing if anyone is interested in that.