RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C# WoW Server

PappaSmurf

Knight
too bad

Anti-Basic said:
I think you need a new car...
I have a 1988 El Camino that has to be coaxed and caressed just to get started...think my mom asked specifically for a crappy car when she bought it for me to keep me from being able to go too far

If you'd been complaining about a 73SS 454 I'd have gladly come and hauled it off for ya as long as you signed the title first :D

Greystar

Wanderer
Anti-Basic said:
I think you need a new car...
I have a 1988 El Camino that has to be coaxed and caressed just to get started...think my mom asked specifically for a crappy car when she bought it for me to keep me from being able to go too far

My jeep works great for me, and since Im going through a divorce and have to pay child support a new car is not an option :)

Greystar

Wanderer
Anti-Basic said:
Please tell me you at least got teh house?

LOL, nope (I live in an apartment), have to move (another reason I can't get a new car). Stuff happens... (of course replace stuff with your favorite Swear word Starting with S that means crap)

Sounds like she Lawyered up real well. How often do you get visitation....i dunt get any b/c the judge ruled i am unfit and a bad influence, which is probably true, but i guy deserves to see his own flesh and blood no matter what. (unless hes a child molestor or serial killer or something)

Greystar

Wanderer
Anti-Basic said:
Sounds like she Lawyered up real well. How often do you get visitation....i dunt get any b/c the judge ruled i am unfit and a bad influence, which is probably true, but i guy deserves to see his own flesh and blood no matter what. (unless hes a child molestor or serial killer or something)

nah, no lawyer I just let her have it... I get weekends, although we are going to have to go to court for this cause she wants it to be every other weekend only, which I flat out won't agree to, heh... and I agree about the child molester and serial killer thing, but I think those type of people should be gutted and hung by their entrails, but thats just my opinion... but now we are way off topic, so we should probably let it drop.

Manu

Knight
Did somebody manage to actually get this thing up and running? Server seems to work, but I get errors on Char Creation ("Error during Character Creation"). Char is created though. But when I try to log in I get nothing but fatal exception errors from wow.exe and it crashes.
Maybe this thing doesn't like german WoW version. Anyone else got WoW V1.6 and wants to test? ;)

Greystar

Wanderer
Manu said:
Did somebody manage to actually get this thing up and running? Server seems to work, but I get errors on Char Creation ("Error during Character Creation"). Char is created though. But when I try to log in I get nothing but fatal exception errors from wow.exe and it crashes.
Maybe this thing doesn't like german WoW version. Anyone else got WoW V1.6 and wants to test? ;)

I was able to log in with a 1.8 client without issues... and it was a US client though.

Manu

Knight
1.7.0 is a go! Funny as hell, but also buggy as hell ;) Lots of spells dont work, account creation neither... but I always wanted to be 60 ^^

Manu

Knight
If you know where to look there are a lot of mirrors and other emus around, but honestly I dont consider them worth the download. Sure, its 30 minutes fun to mess around and spawn Ragnaros in Stormwind, might even be fun to play some quests with some friends during a LAN party, but if you ask me, it sucks. To many bugs, to many things that dont work, patching to the correct versions for each emu is a royal pain in the butt...

Leave it alone, or play official servers.

Anti-Gremlin

Wanderer
WowoW exists, it's just that most people can't see them ;)

But there are better wow emu's out there, most seem to be underground until they have a stable release.

ps: i'm baaaacccckkk :p

Nomad

Wanderer
Greetings to everyone.
Just want to make some things clearer.
In nov. 2004 I've started WoW emulator development in C#. It was written from the scratch and main idea was the same as in RunUO - precompiled core launches script subsystem via CodeDom. It test name (internal one) was RunWoW. At that time I heard nothing about Ryan's RunWoW ideas.
During some time I've been using some parts of other emus (not wow ones), even from RunUO (ByteQueue, SendQueue, etc.) but in last year all of 'em were totally rewritten, mostly in MC++. Lately core was separated to some set of libs and utilities called RunServer platform (just another internal name).
Due to some reasons emu's name has not changed and current version is called RunWoW 0.16.1944a on RunServer platform.
It has nothing to do with Chinese (not Korean) Wowwow recompilation, that they also called RunWoW.
For some time I owed runwow.net, but is was dropped cause of financial problems :)

Ryan, I beg my pardon for using RunWoW name and Run^ prefix for my creations. Don't think I'll change it after 1.5 years of development, but I'm still confused. :confused:

P.S. Sorry for my weird English, I'm from Ukraine